“Not so Oberoi !”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at The Oberio in Mumbai & Kolkata in the past, so when I was meant to stay at the Oberio in New Delhi, obviously expectation went soring high and didn’t exactly live up to the same.

The Oberio in Delhi is a very old property and in some places it comes evidently in its ambiance and décor. The service however, is up to the mark and at par with the best in the industry. I would also like to comment that the spa at the Oberio Delhi is quite interesting close to a open pool, one can enjoy a good steam and shower there.

The food is nice, I tried the buffet and was quite satisfied with the offerings.

1  Thank Sid-Nyk
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise for hotel and services

I have taken careful note of your comment on the rooms. I apologize for the incovenience. We have a small inventory of rooms which have been renovated and I would be pleased to offer you the same in your next visit.

We will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I visited the Oberoi in October 2012. I've traveled around the world. This was, by far, the best hotel stay I've experienced. They have mastered the meaning of customer service. From the perfectly-scented interiors (signature jasmine scent) to unparalleled care, I was in love. The rooms are gorgeous and perfectly kept. The hotel is immaculate. The food is "to die for." The hands on service should be shared with other luxury hotels throughout the world. Bravo Oberoi. You give me another reason to return India.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the trees and pool are best. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Be sure to pick...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

On Oct 19, I checked in at The Oberoi, New Delhi around 10:30am. I was warmly received at the main door, whisked away to Room 542, where the check in formalities were completed. No hassles about waiting in the lobby with the excuse, " your room is not ready....check in from 2pm etc,etc " ! The room was spacious, immaculately clean and facing the golf course. Bathroom was very clean and of good size. A continental breakfast was served immediately ( on the house ) with a smile. What touched me most was the prayer rug & Islamic compass (Qibla indicator) on the table. I have stayed in many hotels in my four+ decades business trips all over the world, but have never experienced this kind of thoughtful & warm gesture !
Buffet breakfast was lavish. The bar was comfortable & well stocked but the prices were very high ! Dinner at the Chinese restaurant was satisfactory....the taste too indianised ( spicy & oily ) for me !
For me : Always Oberoi Hotels in India.

Room Tip: Top floors facing the golf course.

Dear Guest

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our hotel. We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services.

I have also taken careful note of your comment regarding the mini bar pricing and the food at Taipan not exceeding your expectations. I assure you that our pricing is at par with the other hotels in our competition set. With regards to your meal at Taipan, I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef and will ensure that we work on the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night on business and had a fantastic experience. I arrived into DEL very early in the morning and there was the hotel driver waiting to greet me, right on time out front. There was also an Oberoi staff member there at the Airport to check that all was okay before sending me on my way with the driver. The car was very clean and the driver was appropriately talkative as needed.
What first surprised me was the fact that at six in the morning they had a room cleaned and ready for me. The front desk staff escorting me to my room and handling the entire check-in process there at the time.
The rest of my day consisted of working out in the fitness center, eating the buffet breakfast and generally relaxing before my next day trip to Agra and a full week of work ahead.
Overall I really have no complaints, the service was very good the property is nice and clean. And the rooms while dated in their style (In my opinion) were well maintained and not worn at all.
One final note on the exceptional guest service. I left some shirts in the closet and the staff contacted me and had my shirts personally delivered to my next hotel the same day, which made for a successful first impression on Monday morning. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Team, The Oberoi New Delhi

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here on business. Excellent hotel in all respects, especially for business facilities, etc. One of the top Delhi hotels, you can't go wrong. Usual exceptional levels of service one is accustomed to with Indian hotels. I've also stayed at the Leela Delhi and The Imperial Delhi. There is very little that sets apart these 3 hotels, service, amenities, infrastructure etc is top notch.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you found our hotel and services to your expectations.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Excellent hotel in central Delhi. The service at the Oberoi was exceptional, with the staff continuously trying to be attentive and anticipate our needs. The location in central Delhi is perfect. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you found our hotel rooms crisp and comfortable and the staff reliable, efficient and courteous.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since 1998 for a reason - staff are always reliably courteous, rooms are crisp and comfortable, and restaurant and bar just what is required after a long flight or a working day in Delhi.
Oberoi staff - five star across the board.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012