“Home away from Home”

Ranked #3 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Bengaluru, India
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since 1998 for a reason - staff are always reliably courteous, rooms are crisp and comfortable, and restaurant and bar just what is required after a long flight or a working day in Delhi.
Oberoi staff - five star across the board.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you found our hotel and services to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back

The team at The Oberoi New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was a special birthday treat, a country we've always wanted to visit and a love of Indian food. We were in touch with the hotel before we arrived as I wanted to book a cooking experience and spice tour. They promised me that they would make this a birthday to remember and they did. It was amazing from start to finish in every way. For starters - we were so lucky to have been upgraded to a suite which was he size of an apartment! It was such a treat. A cake and a bottle of wine was waiting in our dining area when we arrived. Check in was easy and carried out in our room. The bed was so comfortable and the shower was in a room in its own right!

Mona, who arranges experiences for clients came to see us on our first day after we'd eaten breakfast to talk about the cooking and spice tour experiences. These had been booked as I'd hoped for my birthday - nothing is too much trouble at the Oberoi. Also Mona asked about what we wanted to see whilst in Delhi and with ease arranged an itinerary and a car and driver. We had a totally tailor made 4 hours in a fancy chauffeur driven car for less than our agent could arrange with a local operator and it was exactly what we wanted at the pace we wanted - perfect and thoroughly recommended.

The food at 360 was amazing! We ate Indian cuisine every night and loved everything we had. The menu is extensive and if you fancy anything that isn't on it, they'll cook it for you - just ask! As I said before, nothing is too much trouble! The restaurant manager is efficient and has the Oberoi grace that you'll recognise once you've spent time with the staff at this hotel group. He creates a wonderful ambience and we ate in his restaurant every night as it ticked every box for us.

I thoroughly recommend the spice tour. We went with a really informative chef in a hotel car to Old Delhi and walked though the market looking, smelling, touching the spices, seeing the street food being made and eaten. You will not get a chance to do what we did on a regular tour - it was amazing and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

The cooking experience was really informative and great fun. Two chefs showed me how to make 6 different dishes, including the tandoor and then you get to taste it all! If you love food, cooking and this particular cuisine, you'll love it. At the end I got a Spice box with spices and an Oberoi pinny!

The pool area is relaxing and the pool staff attentive. As soon as you arrive, so do towels, cold water, cold flannel and sun tan lotion.

We felt that the team at this hotel, were dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and making sure you have the most enjoyable time possible - I had high hopes and they exceeded those by far. Thank you Oberoi for the best birthday possible!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Team, The Oberoi New Delhi
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here twice over the summer with Mom and both of us were taken aback by the sheer excellence in service that comes with ease to the Oberoi Team. After having dined in the hotel on several occasions for over a decade, got to try the suites this summer. The suites have lush green gold course views, warm interiors which are impeccably maintained and service that is second to none!

The Oberoi Delhi is by far India's finest business hotel and the finest in Delhi for sure.

We used to stay at the competition across but due to the arrogant staff there and rude managers- decided to move to the Oberoi. The move has just left us wondering- oh what took us so long to switch loyalties to the Oberoi !!

We salute the Delhi team which pushes the hotel standards higher and higher by the minute !

The classiest hotel in town and a must stay !

Thank you team Oberoi !

Anirudh Bharatpur

Room Tip: As for a golf course view room !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr Bharatpur,

I sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel and services.

We are glad that you and your mother felt pampered. We at the hotel enjoyed having you around and hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards
Reuben Kataria
Executive Assistant Manager
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I frequently travel for business and my recent stay at the Oberoi New Delhi confirmed that this is one of the finest hotels anywhere. Service is excellent. My on call butler retrieved several items for me in the dead of the night. The gym is nice too. Book a room overlooking the Delhi golf course and the pool, its a great view.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your compliments. We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and we were able to exceed your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel
Team, The Oberoi, New Delhi
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This review is not going to be about the quality of the rooms and amenities of the Oberoi, New Delhi. They are naturally superb just as in any Oberoi property - with a lovely imperial-India ambiance. Just will mention couple of things on that matter: the location is perfect for any Delhi trip – right in the middle of the city yet with an amazing lush green park surrounding the hotel so you don’t really feel the hectic beat of Delhi. The view from my room was incredible- especially enjoyed the sunset! The pool area and the gym are very clean and very comfy. The Spa is terrific! What I would rather write about is the astonishing service that you will experience when you are a guest at the Oberoi.

I travel to India a few times a year for business and most of my trips I travel alone. Being a guest of the Oberoi, you will feel that you are absolutely in safe hands from the moment you set your foot in India! I typically request a car to pick me up from the airport (and a few of the packages actually include an airport transfer!). Each and every time there is someone picking me up already from the luggage pick-up belt helping with the suitcase and escorting to the car that is ready and waiting (great not to have to wait if it takes you almost 30 hours to get to India from Florida). Another nice touch is being able to order dinner or a snack from the car on your way to the hotel – it will be ready for you once you reach there.

The foundation of the Oberoi experience is generosity and attention to detail. Now that the staff learned my preferences over time, they constantly surprise me with exactly what I want when I want it without even having to ask! This time, I had a chance to spend couple of hours by the pool on Sunday and they brought me my favorite mozzarella caprese bites (exactly what I ordered two days ago during my stay in Oberoi Bangalore). I love their home made ginger-ale and I asked for it by the pool. When I later had the dinner at the terrace with an amazing view to the Delhi, I was served that same favorite ginger ale! And they wrote up a recipe for me so that I can make it in Florida when I go back home.

Having travelled the world for business in the past decade, I thought that I have seen it all when it comes to luxury hotels. But the Oberoi experience is unparalleled and it always is filled with pleasant surprises!

Just to name a few other surprises that were so generously presented to me during my stay here: sugar-free chocolate mousse that I mentioned I loved in Bangalore ( a very helpful Ashish Gosain, arranged it for me by the time I got back from a long day of work in busy Delhi); ginger infusion drink to help my cold and sore throat as soon as the staff noticed that I am not feeling well; one evening a cute carved wooden box of tea was left for me as a gift; another evening, a plate of chocolates was waiting for me upon arrival and one of the chocolates had a picture the university that I work for on it (how in the world? :-) ).

Bottom line is that each and every Oberoi Team member I came across during my stay at the Oberoi property genuinely cares for the comfort of the guests and they care sincerely. The staff is also very well cross-trained and for instance a food and beverage service manager was happy to arrange for my transportation (and they brought coffee to the car along with a basket of fruits and muffins!). Each member of the Oberoi team takes ownership in handling any of the requests that the guests may have.

This was one of the most incredible and unforgettable stays. Coming from wonderful Florida with its resort-like life style, I usually can’t wait to get back home from business travel. This time I am also glad to go home but I certainly know that I will miss being a guest of the Oberoi and cannot wait to come back again! If you are travelling to India, you must stay at the Oberoi just to experience this mind-blowing royal service. The only down side to staying at the Oberoi hotels is getting absolutely spoiled and having to stay at non-Oberoi hotels in countries where there are no Oberoi properties (yet!). Thank you for your hospitality, Oberoi Team!

Room Tip: Definitely worth to get the suite - worth every penny. You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi. I thank you for sparing your valuable time to evaluate our product and services. I am happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and you felt pampered. I have conveyed your compliments to the staff members as identified by you.

Your generous indication of our performance will remain a source of inspiration to our staff and will encourage us to achieve even higher standards of service

Kind regards
Jay Rathore
Vice President & General Manager
The Oberoi, New Delhi
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

it was nice to be back, enjoyed my stay. italian was superb, and breakfast. good staff, very helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback of our product and services

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi New Delhi

Warm regards
Team, The Oberoi New Delhi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my first stay at the New Delhi Oberoi. It is a lovely property, and my room was just right--size, amenities, comfortable bed, temperature controls, clean with good work lighting at night, and a lot of natural light during the day. Excellent breakfast buffet. But most of all, the staff were excellent from the greeters and drivers at the airport to the friendly desk and knowledgeable concierge to the efficient but unobstrusive cleaning staff. The warmth and friendliness felt natural and honest. I also liked the fact that they did not encourage individual gratuities, but suggested that if you wanted to leave a tip, to leave it at the desk for all staff to share (also eliminated the pressure to constantly tip all of the people who assisted during the stay as often happens at other hotels). The meeting rooms and food served at the conference I attended were unusually good as well. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Delhi

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise. We are delighted that you found our hotel beautiful, comfortable, peaceful and warm.

We look forward to welcoming you again shortly.

The team at The Oberoi New Delhi