“Yet another impeccable stay at the Oberoi!”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Yet another impeccable stay at the Oberoi!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This review is not going to be about the quality of the rooms and amenities of the Oberoi, New Delhi. They are naturally superb just as in any Oberoi property - with a lovely imperial-India ambiance. Just will mention couple of things on that matter: the location is perfect for any Delhi trip – right in the middle of the city yet with an amazing lush green park surrounding the hotel so you don’t really feel the hectic beat of Delhi. The view from my room was incredible- especially enjoyed the sunset! The pool area and the gym are very clean and very comfy. The Spa is terrific! What I would rather write about is the astonishing service that you will experience when you are a guest at the Oberoi.

I travel to India a few times a year for business and most of my trips I travel alone. Being a guest of the Oberoi, you will feel that you are absolutely in safe hands from the moment you set your foot in India! I typically request a car to pick me up from the airport (and a few of the packages actually include an airport transfer!). Each and every time there is someone picking me up already from the luggage pick-up belt helping with the suitcase and escorting to the car that is ready and waiting (great not to have to wait if it takes you almost 30 hours to get to India from Florida). Another nice touch is being able to order dinner or a snack from the car on your way to the hotel – it will be ready for you once you reach there.

The foundation of the Oberoi experience is generosity and attention to detail. Now that the staff learned my preferences over time, they constantly surprise me with exactly what I want when I want it without even having to ask! This time, I had a chance to spend couple of hours by the pool on Sunday and they brought me my favorite mozzarella caprese bites (exactly what I ordered two days ago during my stay in Oberoi Bangalore). I love their home made ginger-ale and I asked for it by the pool. When I later had the dinner at the terrace with an amazing view to the Delhi, I was served that same favorite ginger ale! And they wrote up a recipe for me so that I can make it in Florida when I go back home.

Having travelled the world for business in the past decade, I thought that I have seen it all when it comes to luxury hotels. But the Oberoi experience is unparalleled and it always is filled with pleasant surprises!

Just to name a few other surprises that were so generously presented to me during my stay here: sugar-free chocolate mousse that I mentioned I loved in Bangalore ( a very helpful Ashish Gosain, arranged it for me by the time I got back from a long day of work in busy Delhi); ginger infusion drink to help my cold and sore throat as soon as the staff noticed that I am not feeling well; one evening a cute carved wooden box of tea was left for me as a gift; another evening, a plate of chocolates was waiting for me upon arrival and one of the chocolates had a picture the university that I work for on it (how in the world? :-) ).

Bottom line is that each and every Oberoi Team member I came across during my stay at the Oberoi property genuinely cares for the comfort of the guests and they care sincerely. The staff is also very well cross-trained and for instance a food and beverage service manager was happy to arrange for my transportation (and they brought coffee to the car along with a basket of fruits and muffins!). Each member of the Oberoi team takes ownership in handling any of the requests that the guests may have.

This was one of the most incredible and unforgettable stays. Coming from wonderful Florida with its resort-like life style, I usually can’t wait to get back home from business travel. This time I am also glad to go home but I certainly know that I will miss being a guest of the Oberoi and cannot wait to come back again! If you are travelling to India, you must stay at the Oberoi just to experience this mind-blowing royal service. The only down side to staying at the Oberoi hotels is getting absolutely spoiled and having to stay at non-Oberoi hotels in countries where there are no Oberoi properties (yet!). Thank you for your hospitality, Oberoi Team!

Room Tip: Definitely worth to get the suite - worth every penny. You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi. I thank you for sparing your valuable time to evaluate our product and services. I am happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and you felt pampered. I have conveyed your compliments to the staff members as identified by you.

Your generous indication of our performance will remain a source of inspiration to our staff and will encourage us to achieve even higher standards of service

Kind regards
Jay Rathore
Vice President & General Manager
The Oberoi, New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed October 2, 2012

it was nice to be back, enjoyed my stay. italian was superb, and breakfast. good staff, very helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback of our product and services

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi New Delhi

Warm regards
Team, The Oberoi New Delhi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my first stay at the New Delhi Oberoi. It is a lovely property, and my room was just right--size, amenities, comfortable bed, temperature controls, clean with good work lighting at night, and a lot of natural light during the day. Excellent breakfast buffet. But most of all, the staff were excellent from the greeters and drivers at the airport to the friendly desk and knowledgeable concierge to the efficient but unobstrusive cleaning staff. The warmth and friendliness felt natural and honest. I also liked the fact that they did not encourage individual gratuities, but suggested that if you wanted to leave a tip, to leave it at the desk for all staff to share (also eliminated the pressure to constantly tip all of the people who assisted during the stay as often happens at other hotels). The meeting rooms and food served at the conference I attended were unusually good as well. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Delhi

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise. We are delighted that you found our hotel beautiful, comfortable, peaceful and warm.

We look forward to welcoming you again shortly.

The team at The Oberoi New Delhi
Jaipur, India
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hi, Stayed at the Oberoi New Delhi for a Night in September, the hotel is quite centrally located, but this hotel does not have the wow factor as the other Oberoi Hotels do, the service although is exemplary the food is tasty, if you are on business this is the best hotel to be in because it is quite centrally located from everything, this hotel is a regular oberoi hotel so if you have stayed at Raj or the Udai vilas, this does not even come close, but yes all the other Oberoi feel is still there, the staff courteousness, friendliness, warmth, Oberoi actually pampers you which is soooo cool, we were on work visit so really liked what we paid and what we got

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel food and services. We are glad that we lived upto your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back

The team at The Oberoi New Delhi.
Delhi
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My stay at Oberoi New Delhi has been a very delightful stay. The staff fulfilled all kinds of my small or big request which I had not expected e.g. fixing of a mishandled baggage etc. The Chef Mr. Surinder Singh has been paying all attention to my extra demands for the choicest of the food other than the routine menu. He arranged Rajasthani, Gujarati and Maharashtrian dishes. The preparation was simply delicious. I can say that definition of customer delight was re-defined by him. Will look forward for yet another stay at Oberoi!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind appreciation of our hotel and services. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with Chef Surinder.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reuben Kataria
Executive Assistant Manager
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you want the best you come to the Oberoi. Before you say it they know it.They make you feel like Royalty.

The staff is friendly and eager to help.They take care of everything.The food is great and the parlour is amazing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel, restaurants and staff. We are glad that you felt pampered and left with a positive impression of the product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Calgary
Reviewed September 9, 2012

What stands out the most for us in our stay at the Oberoi in New Dehli was the outstanding service, particularly at the breakfast buffet. This was our first trip to India and we stayed for two nights in Dehli. From the moment of arrival every encounter with an employee was met with "it's our pleasure". One of the chefs at breakfast went out of his way to create a culinary delight of ethnic India food, both North and South food for my husband to enjoy. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The size represented typical city hotels but again what stood out for us was the service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mi4Sons
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that threesixty team made your stay memorable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

The team at The Oberoi New Delhi