“Excellent hotel and even better staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Switzerland
“Excellent hotel and even better staff”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I travelled to Delhi for business and stayed at the Oberoi for 3 nights. Everything was perfect. When you ask for a wake-up call, they ask you if you would like tea or coffee and right after the call, there is a knock on the door, with a "butler" serving your choice of drink. Room service is also excellent. Even if you just order a sandwich, the way it is served makes you feel pampered. The bed is wonderful and you get a menu of pillows. The lighting in the room is also very good; something I am very particular about. I am really very much annoyed by badly lit hotel rooms! Overall, it was a wonderful hotel experience; I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Hande
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments. We are happy that we could exceed your expectations and you felt pampered. Your positive comments will encourage us to do better.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

The Team at The Oberoi New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Oberoi is an oasis in this massive busy city, and loved returning to it after a busy day out. The service levels are quite simply the best. Rooms and restaurants are excellent and the main lobby bar was a good place to meet people. Unfortunately I didn't get much use of the pool area as it was quite cool during my visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future

The team at The Oberoi New Delhi
Indian Wells, California
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This truly is a very fine hotel with great service and comfortable rooms. The restaurants are excellent and the location is a convenient ride to many New Delhi sites. For me, what put this hotel over the top was the service, especially the concierge. The property looks over the Delhi Golf Club next door. Guests of the hotel can play the nine hole course of this private club. I am told there is an eight year waiting list to become a member of the 18 hole club. I wandered into the pro shop to buy some golf souvenirs, and one of the items purchased was not put in the bag. I called the concierge desk to see if they could help me retrieve the missing item and not only did they call the course, they sent a staff member to the course to pick up the missing item.

Request a room with the golf course view. I am told by traveling companions that rooms on the other side of the hotel, while nice, can experience traffic noise. (The national musical instrument has to be the vehicle horn!) :-)

Room Tip: Golf course view rather than street view - see review.
1 Thank 4njourneyer
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay at the hotel.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the noise levels. Let me assure you that the windows are double glazed to keep the noise levels to a minimum. These rooms also face the Humayun Tomb and are much sought after.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future

Warm regards
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is great -- typically excellent Oberoi service. The grounds, pool, and spa are all very nice. The 360 restaurant was fantastic -- highly recommended! The only small flaw is that they need to better sound-proof the doors by the elevators (can be loud at night). Otherwise an impressive stay.

Room Tip: Don't get one close to the elevators
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise. We are delighted that you found our hotel beautiful and services efficient

I have taken note of your comment regarding the noise levels and will like to apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you again shortly.

The Oberoi, New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Oberoi's are great hotels up there with the likes of Shangri La.  I arrived at night and woke to the sounds of birds.  I opened the shutters and to my surprise my room looked over what looked like a forest (turns out it was the Gold Club) - Delhi is quite a green city.

This is quite a traditional property - think colonial gentlemen's club but some parts are such as the restaurant and the spa are ultra modern.  The food is excellent, we had a special menu designed for the three body types (basically fat, normal, thin).  It wasn't really Indian food and featured quite a lot of salads but we all felt cleansed and righteous afterwards!

The gym is well equipped and there is an indoor pool and 2 outdoor pools.  If you want to run India gate is 1 mile away, Connaught Place 3 miles or Lodi gardens is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Tip:  Ask for a room overlooking the golf course
1 Thank Jamesbrien
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our hotel and services. We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our hotel product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel

Warm regards,

Team, The Oberoi New Delhi
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I found this hotel just fabulous. The area is very good. i had a nice time.
The staff is also very helpful. The food is also very nice. The rooms are spacious and very classy.
Overall i enjoyed my stay.
certainly best place in delhi. I will certainly come back and stay in oberoi next time.
I suggest this hotel for everyone who wants to taste the best

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rahulsethi227
Dear Guest

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our hotel. We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel

Warm regards,

Team, The Oberoi New Delhi
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just returned from India on a 10 day trip . Had the pleasure of staying three nights at Oberoi ,New Ddelhi. Do not think of staying anywhere else in Delhi , staff will bend over backwards to accommodate their clients , hotel is spotless and my room was perfect.i also would of liked to see free Wifi but I wasn't shocked you had to pay for it . let me say that I am not easy to please as I always set too high a standard and this hotel did not disappoint . The Ajurveda treatments in their spa transport you to a better place!! I was never more relaxed after a treatment ever!!!! The luxury specialist Mona introduced herself to me and it was as if her entire existence was to make my stay at the hotel and in India the best experience I could have . She even recommended itinerary for other cities I was going to! Do yourself a favor, please stay at this hotel , you will not be sorry and give Mona my best regards !! There aren't ant negatives to this hotel at all!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank catherine115
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service. I will share your compliments with spa team and our Luxury Manager Mona. I am sure she will be happy to know that you had a wonderful time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

The Oberoi New Delhi