“Enjoy staying in park”

The Park New Delhi
Ranked #66 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Dated:18/4/2010
It was lovely to stay in The Park Good food to eat .Nice staff,rooms,fitness center etc.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciation for The Park New Delhi.

I look forward to welcome you back on your visit to The Park, New Delhi

Warm Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,078)

Reviewed May 5, 2010

I went to India on a conference and started out my trip in Kolkata. After the conference, my wife joined me for a romantic trip (plus shopping) trip to Rajastan, Agra and Delhi. We really enjoyed India, we stayed only in 4 & 5 star hotels and rented our own car with driver to avoid any hassles and so we can tour & shop at our own leisure.

I was wary to stay at the Park because of the reviews in Trip advisor. We stayed in the Sheraton in Jaipur and ITC Mugal in Agra, we were so happy with the service and hospitality, ITC even offered to upgrade us if we stayed in their Delhi property - so I said what the heck, lets go to the Park Delhi - how bad can a five star boutique hotel be? Big mistake!

The minute we stepped into the Park Hotel Delhi the mood and place seemed chaotic and noisy. The front desk overwelmed and tired. Needless to say they were curt and stressed. Even the energy in the lobby was noisy and very busy. Finally when they checked us into our regular room, it was completely unsatisfactory, just like their hotel, small, tired and needed a face lift. The faucet was even leaking. To their credit, the front desk finally gave us an upgrade to a better room with some apologies.

I don't make it a habit to complain about hotels (this is actually my first complaint) but the service in the hotel was really poor. We got the feeling that the rooms were not really clean, the service in the breakfast buffet was erratic and spotty. To make matters worse, the front desk keep calling us on the last day to remind us to check out - even before we needed to check out. We had the feeling we were being kicked out on out last day in India.

Finally upon check out, I had some questions on the bill presented, the front desk became irritated and explained the bill in a didactic (very condescending) manner. We really had to call in the front desk manager to complain. Sad, because I am not a complainer and don't usually complain at all. I told the front desk manager that he should read the reviews of the service of this hotel in the Trip Advisor to really know how guests feel about their hotel.

In conclusion, this is not a 5 star hotel but more like a 3 star hotel by international first world standards. I would advise people to stay away from this hotel - For the same cost or a small difference - you can stay in a real four or five star hotel in Delhi.

My wife and I never would have expected to pay top dollar to get terrible service. What the Park lacked was simple - hospitality. Sad way to end our 2 week trip in the wonderful & amazing land of India.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Dear PhilippineTrekker, , Thank you for your feedback. We will surely do the needful and really sorry to have inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Regards

Reviewed May 4, 2010

We booked this hotel for our mainly based on its rating on Your Site.
It is the perceptive that makes it worthwhile. The owners and staff are social to make you feel at home. In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests in the garden.
. The room we had was spacious and pretty,
Finally, we can say that our event is wonderful & unforgettable too...
Thanks for your worth while rating...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at The Park New Delhi and appreciating us through your delightful comments

I look forward to meet you on your visit to The Park, New Delhi

Reviewed May 2, 2010

Me and my girlfriend decided to book a 5 star hotel the last two days of our two months of travelling in India. After having gone from southern India via Goa all the way up to Manali, this turned out the be a very bad idea. There was a private house party at the pool that lasted until 2 am of which we no nothing about. It was really as if the party was in our room and I had to really get mad to get a room at the other end of the hotel. Though one gets used to the Indians openly staring at my girlfriend, I had hoped that here at least, around the pool, it would be different... unfortunately, there were at least 6 men working around the pool, doing useless things easily done before or after 7 (when the pool is closed), staring, staring...even the bar guys did not make any effort hiding his fascination with my girlfriend in the pool. We decided to let room service bring our food in the room and hide from Indias many eyes, and had some noodles and a wrap. The wrap turned out to be fatal, and made my girlfriend sick for the first time in India, heavily puking and diarea and as I had some of her wrap as well, i got some as well... I would say to anyone...do not go here...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear mvriesho, , Thank you for your feedback. We will surely do the needful and really sorry to have inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Regards

Reviewed April 30, 2010

this is a very classic hotel in mattres of its location, service and decoration....it was a nice experience tp be there...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and wonderful feedback for The Park, New Delhi.

I have just taken over and thought of thanking you for your appreciation.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Park, New Delhi

Reviewed April 28, 2010

From the moment we arrived we were treated like honored guests , nothing was too much trouble .The Hotel is really worth staying out there You cant get a much better deal than this one.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

I look forward to meet you on your visit to The Park, New Delhi

Reviewed April 28, 2010

I am sure this was a fabulous hotel when it was new. It is need of renovation. The carpets in the halls never were vacuumed in the 4 days that we stayed. The rug in the room was dirty. the hanging light fixtures next to the bed were grimy. The whole room just felt dirty. The counters in the bar area where we entered for breakfast had smudges and fingerprints all over them. This hotel was supposed to be in the same category (4+star) as the Gateway and Taj hotels that we stayed in in other parts of India and it didn't even come close. I travel often and have stayed in 2 and 3 start hotels that are cleaner and in better condition than this.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear semsensei, , Thank you for your feedback. We will surely do the needful and really sorry to have inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Regards