“Cant beat it.”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #9 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed at this property many times and my experience has been only better on every occasion. Our best stays have been in Executive Balcony Suites. The suite windows over look the Luteyn's Delhi's green and there cannot be a better view.

The staff is very helpful. The rooms are clean, beautifully designed and spacious. The suite rooms come with a large number of amenities, like complimentary wine bottle etc. The bathrooms are well designed and have bath tubs and shower cubicles.

The hotel has a good collection of DVDs in case you cant think of anything better to do at night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived literally in the middle of the night (which I later learned is not unusual for international flights), and were warmly received by the staff. I was pleased by the security at the hotel--literally, it is a compound, set back from the street. All cars are checked, and all bags go through a scanner and every person goes through a metal detector. The hotel room itself is pretty standard. The bed was very comfortable, and there is free bottled water. The pool is exceptional. The service at the pool was wonderful, with cheerful staff bringing cool towels and water, and although you could hear the hum of the city outside the tall walls and manicured trees forming the compound, the pool was really like a little oasis. However, for seeing the sites, or being near to other tourist attractions or hotels with restaurants, I would say it isn't great. I would say that my least favorite part of the hotel was that the restaurants were pretty expensive and not very good. There is a bar (Rick's bar) which is a bit of a cheesy lounge, with very expensive drinks (not to mention the alcohol taxes levied in India in general!) and the House of Ming was probably the worst restaurant we ate at in our 10 day trip to India. We went because we were intrigued by the concept of "Indo-Chinese," but we found the food really quite bland. To the restaurant's credit, after we filled out the comment card, someone from the restaurant came running after us to ask what we didn't like from the restaurant. We also didn't try Morimoto's sushi restaurant there, because we looked at the prices and they were a bit high, although in retrospect, it might have been a better choice. We took a taxi one day to Bukhara at the ITC (which is right near the other Taj property, the Taj Palace), which was DELICIOUS, and the ITC looked really nice too--very nice lobby as well. My last pet peeve, as we stayed at Taj properties all over India, is that despite the high prices, Taj charges for internet. Really? In this age of technology, I would expect luxury properties to provide that as a service. Although the Taj Mahal wasn't bad, we also ended up staying at the Leela Palace for one night, and I'd probably stay there again if we were back in Delhi.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelrabbit2003
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We have taken note of all the shortcomings as mentioned by you and will address them at the earliest.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Scratching your head finding a place to stay in Delhi? This is the place to be.

The first impression you will get when you enter the main entrance into the hotel proper has already caught me. The front desk is not really a front desk of the standard hotels around the world, where the front desk is a counter. It is a desk, a lovely desk. The person sitting at the desk is really wonderful. Service is immaculate.

When you enter your room, you get the continental look with Indian style.

Whenever don't feel like going out, staying in the room is good enough

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I'm an Aussie that frequently travels through India....I don't usually stay at places like this as my budget doesn't allow it, but made an exception for 2 nights at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Delhi last week.
Check in was an efficient and enjoyable experience, thanks to the LOVELY lady that served us. She walked us right up to the room as well.
Our room was extremely comfortable. Everything you need....and the concierge helped us SO many times: We borrowed an iphone 5 charger and he brought it to the room within about 60 seconds. They helped us to speak to a doctor when my daughter was unwell. They also booked a couple of cars for us.
The buffet breakfast was lovely. Try the little mini baked yoghurts - yum!
They let us check out late around 2pm, which was very handy.
We had a few services as the Spa. They were fantastic and very friendly and polite. The ONLY negative thing I will say about my experience (and that is so they can take this on board and maybe see if they can improve this) is that the man that did my pedicure cut my toenails way too short and the nail polish was not done very well. But everything else we had done in the spa was great.
Thank you to everyone at the Taj Mahal Hotel. We enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nursenatti

Dear Guest,

I have noted the feedback about Spa and shared with them which will definately help us to improve our services.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

On a visit to Taj with Friend, i experienced a wonderful hospitality. Hotel is located near to India Gate on Mansingh road. I remembered working in the sales team long back during my teenage years in this hotel. Now i was experiencing the Taj hospitality. No doubt, you are pampered with the service and comfort. All the get-away's are near-by and you could catch some of the favorite restaurants of New Delhi in near-by areas such as Khan Market and Pandara Road. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Mam,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staying at the Taj Mahal hotel itself is an experience and especially so when you are staying at one of the prime properties in the National capital. The lobby & the grand staircase is phenomenal. Having said this, the rooms are really not of the real Taj standard. As I have experienced in quite a few Taj properties, the rooms badly need an upgrade especially the interiors & the amenities. Surprised to see the old CRT TVs still making way at one of the finest hotel chains in India.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mukund_dusad
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Dusad,

We thank you for the valuable feedback and will definitely take corrective actions.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

What can I say. When you walk in to the hotel you feel like its a palace - expansive marble floors, painted art on the ceilings, and a lobby full of life. Amazing choice of restaurants and a very peaceful terrace space. Decent pool as well.

But the rooms are a big let down. They really need a modern uplift as they feel dull and dingy. The beds (linen etc) were great though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Discostuu

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team and look forward to your continued patronage of The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have also taken note of your feedback and it will be shared with the respective team appropriately.