“One of the best Hotel”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #11 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hey i would like to annunciate you guys that tj is the best hotel i ever seen in my whole life. i m just 25 years old and till now i haven't seen this kind of fabulous hotel.
out of box services.
I have booked a room in this hotel in advance and after getting the approval of booking i confirmed bout the checkin dates.We have booked a flight to there and we flew for our destination. After reaching there we have decided to checkin the hotel and then to enjoy the city.
we went to our hotel and then we were surprised to see the beauty of the surrounding.
It was an awesome trip just because of Taj hotel.
Hotel Taj Rocks

Room Tip: Corner rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,197)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love Taj Mansingh. long before ricks existed, machan used to be our favorite hangout. I had my first cold coffee at Machan with my parents- My dad met my mom at Machan- it dates back years and has managed retaining its original charm. I love the Ricks, the restaurants esp wasabi, the house of ming. But besides the great food and the ambiance, taj mansingh has the most classic ambiance, their rooms are plusher than the plushest, the service is fabulous. the staff gives you no time to complain-they are always waiting there, ready to resolve. I stayed here recently for a day on work and couldn't be happier. besides the spot on location- right next to khan market, middle of delhi. it has all the right boxes checked.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was really good, well appointed, clean and comfortable. The level of service was very high throughout the hotel. Eat at the hotels own curry house and you won't be disappointed. Room service was quick and the food was hot, which makes a pleasant change.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We recently stayed on 3 separate occasions whilst on a tour round India. The rooms were all excellent - perhaps a swimming pool view is the best. The staff were all very courteous and helpful. The garden and pool were a joy away from the bustle of the city. We had excellent food in Wasabi (Japanese) and Varq (Indian). We did not try the Chinese restaurant. On all 3 visits we had an excellent time and would really recommend this hotel which seemlessly combines business and pleasure guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

An absolutely perfect hotel in every sense. It has the class of old money and all the amenities that new money so love. This is one of the truly historic hotels of Delhi and one can do worse than pick this hotel while in Delhi. It may be a little on the expensive end but even as a budget conscious traveller I can tell you that this is a brilliant choice to make. Pure class. Sheer elegance. And an old world refinement.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here three nights on two separate occasions at the Club Floor. Club is expensive but evening drinks and nibbles in the club lounge alone make it worthwhile and the staff there are really rather good. I am a fan of Taj Hotels and I only wish this one were a tad less expensive. The pool was pretty chilly and the weather was overcast so only took the plunge once. The gym is well equipped although certainly the cross trainer could do with a fan ! The rooms were lovely and the beds huge and very comfortable. So close to Khan Market which was just a hop, skip and jump away. The lift attendant surprised us with remembering my name on the second visit a week later ! Nice touch.

Room Tip: Club floor if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vivs
Reviewed April 5, 2013

When I am next in Delhi I will definitely be coming back to stay here. Located in Lutyen's this hotel is an oasis tucked away in this busy city. When you enter through the front doors of the hotel you are greeted by this beautiful floral display and a guest service agent who whisked you straight to your room where you do the check in process. My entire check in process was quick and seamless.

While the hotel is fairly old it is extremely well cared for. The brass plaques labeling the floors are gleaming, the marble in the lobby is so shiny your face is reflected, and the guest room is well maintained and spotless. The service at this hotel is top notch. Your ever wish is attended to.

The hotel itself has seven restaurants you can choose to dine in. For me being a female traveler this is important. If I do not have a dinner engagement I usually do not go out to dine by myself as it is uncommon to do so in India and it is difficult and not safe to travel by public transportation. Therefore I usually eat in the hotel. With seven restaurants to choose from this gives me ample selection. The Emperor's Lounge is great if you are looking for something casual while the House of Ming offers excellent Chinese food. If you are in the mood for Japanese head to the basement to Wasabi. And if you don't want to leave your room the in room dining offers a great variety.

I also had a massage treatment in the spa which was heavenly and the perfect way to end a busy day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business