New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Los Angeles
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed in a series of Taj hotels during our stay in India with our three kids -- the staff here was the friendliest among our stays, and incredibly accommodating. Breakfast offered numerous choices for the kids and kind, helpful service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Night 1 India and the arrival ans service here was great.
The lady who manages the club floor check in was superb - a real professional and the benchmark for service in TAj - she set the standard high.
The doormen look like well caricatures but were wonderful and I can only say - great hotel
My only regret was not purchasing a printing I saw for sale , I thought no its only night one but it was good and good value
Next time :-)

Room Tip: Club floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I and my husband stayed in this hotel for 1 night in Dec 2012. We had booked a Club Room which came with add-on services.The hotel had arranged complimentary limousine pickup from the airport and it was right on time. As soon as we stepped out of the airport, there was a person to receive us and usher us in the car. Needless to say, the ride was comfortable. At the hotel,we were directly guided to our rooms instead of waiting for any check-in formalities. The Club rooms are on a separate floor with its own reception desk and a private lounge. With Club room, you also get a 24 hr butler service which we found to be really good and prompt.
The concierge came to our room to complete check-in formalities and we were offered fresh juice. When the staff got to know that we had just married, they quickly got cake and bouquet.
The room was very clean, nice and pool facing with a beautiful bathroom. Since we arrived late night, they had already completed the turn-down service. We later ordered in-room-dining, and again service was quick. We had ordered North Indian Veg food - which was very good.
Next morning, we had breakfast buffet in the restaurant on the Club Floor itself. The spread was good. The checkout was also very smooth. Overall, we had a very nice experience. The staff is excellent, courteous and considerate. Service is quick and the hotel itself is very beautiful. A must stay for anyone in Delhi.

Room Tip: With such amazing service, Club rooms are definitely worth the premium.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice hotel good service a place of silence and luxury in the haotic India.
Good breakfast with a lot of choises,very good and helpful staff n the restaurant and lobby.
I was there for the New Year Eve and we have a nice dinner.
the room,the facilities of the hotel,the SPA are all very good

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Taj Mahal in Delhi for work in Jan/Feb 2013. The stay was split into two parts due to a whistle stop tour of one of the other states. The first half of the trip were great, the room is clean and very comfortable, the staff are incredibly helpful and the in room dining was great. The restaurants are a little pricey, but the food was fantastic. Gym and Spa access is perfect and means you can fit in your usual work out routine around work hours. Internet connection was also great, if not a little pricey.

The second half of the trip we were upgraded to a suite, this was incredible. I have no complaints whatsoever apart from sustaining an electric shock from the mains plug on the desk, this was possible as much my fault as it was the hotels.

Had a great stay, would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay it. After a long 14 hour flight from New York to Delhi, the hotel set expectations for the remainder of my trip to Agra, Mumbai, Dubai and Abu Dhabi to quite high. I booked this hotel through AMEX platinum and received a complimentary airport transfer from the airport. If you haven't been to India before, please do this (get an airport transfer), it will take a load of stress of of you. Upon arrival I was greeted by a hotel employee and escorted up to my room. No waiting at a front desk, and they went over all of the paperwork with you in the room The room was a little dated, but good none the less. It had 220V and 110V electric sockets, a comfortable bed, TV, great bathroom, and a safe. My view was good. The hotel lobby is out of a storybook it is so nice.

The hotel restaurants were good, though I only ate at two of them. The concierges were beyond helpful. I will say that arranging for a driver through them was helpful. Delhi is such a large city and I don't think there is a central place to stay to see everything by walking, so wherever you stay, you will likely need to taxi or rickshaw it. The rickshaw drivers are very tiring and they are very on the take from local shops to get you to shop at their stores. While the rates at the hotel for a driver (per hour) may be high by Indian standards, it was still far below what I would normally pay in the US. For me, well worth the money.

The location was good. I happened to be in Delhi on the day of Republic Day, so all streets were closed by the hotel. I could walk around with zero traffic. I was a 10 minute walk to the parade route.

The service was beyond anything I could have asked for. Every employee knew who you were, and the elevator guy even knew what floor you were on before you walked in the elevator. There were a lot of important people staying at the hotel as it was Republic Day weekend, so the hotel may have been extra friendly, but still, it was a great experience. There may be nicer hotels in India in terms of looks, but in terms of service, this has to be hard to beat.

Room Tip: Just stay here - all rooms should be great. I was on the 11th floor overlooking Rajpath and it was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here and I absolutely LOVE it. There is not a single thing I can ask the hotel to improve on. Everything from the rooms, to facilities to location to food to service to staff is impeccable. The variety of restaurants and choice at breakfast is perfect. You must also try out the high tea and wide choices of tea. If they don't have what you want then simply ask and the staff will do their best to accommodate. You will be made to feel like a VIP. I really look forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business