“A getaway in the Capital...”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #11 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 18, 2013

A beautiful hotel. I stayed with my wife and celebrated a six monthly anniversary. Was very impressed with the professional guest centric approach. Very prompt check in and an efficient rooming. Appreciated the club lounge access & the breakfast at Machaan. Reservations process was also very prompt and efficient. An overall wow stay !

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Traveller1982s
Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I must say that I love the style of Taj hotels with their carpets and none too modern rooms. I love the way I was spoilt at breakfast by waiters who were understated but all knowing. The paratha at breakfast was perfectly done and made to order.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Really great hotel, everything worked and was excellent. In line with stellar reputation of this Hotel Group. I have one criticism..... Our flight was cancelled due to weather and we asked the travel desk to arrange a driver to take us to a destination about 4 hours away, it was very quickly and efficiently arranged, no wonder it was 5 times the going rate! Once we talked to our host we realized that we had been had. This is not what one expects from a major hotel.

Room Tip: Check about the going rate for travel services, a car and driver is the norm, since few would be abl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was pick up at the airport which happened to be complimentary. The driver called as we approached the hotel and there was a women there to greet me as soon as I stepped out of the car. She brought me right to my room. The room was wonderful. I wish that before I was taken to the room she would have explained where things were in the hotel. But I did go down and explored on my own and like every other hotel that I had been in on my trip, the lobby was spectacular, but had the same heavy perfume smell.

My first night there I just wanted to relax in my room. I ordered room service and it was the best meal that I had during my week trip to India. I was also able to arrange a driver and guide for the next day even though it was last minute.

The room was clean and the towels weren't grey. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lor13149
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Taj Mansingh, New Delhi for 3 days in August 2012 - the service was superb and the rooms were spotlessly clean. The proximity to major tourist locations is unbeatable -it is at walking distance to India Gate. Breakfast at the in house restaurant was v good and they had both Indian and Continental breakfast items. This hotel has a very pleasing decor. The service -right from the bell boys to the lady who checked us in and the restaurant staff was impressive. They have a good security system that checks everyone prior to entering the hotel(using metal detector etc). Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sara_Ramaswamy
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at the Taj Mahal in Delhi for two nights at the start of our trip to India - it was memorable in so many ways. The service as everyone mentions is first class and at such a high standard, it is now the bar that I use to compare others. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed - the bathrooms are a little dated but it is not a big issue. The restaurants are all fantastic - Varq being the highlight. We had two people in our group having birthdays - so we ended up getting a cake at every meal as well as in the room for no charge. The gym is excellent and again the staff are most attentive. Overall, one word to wrap it up - Excellent!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank john555
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Recently stayed at the Taj Mahal Hotel and I must say that it was the best service in India. Fantastic location and Wasabi was terrific. The staff is very attentive to all of the guests needs. The only downside was that the pool was being renovated and they were sending guests to the Taj Palace. We were told that it was a heated pool but once at the Taj Palace the pool was at a temperature that wasn't fit for swimming.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the Club Floor if possible. Great way to unwind with a cocktail during happy hour.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family