“BEST HOTEL IN DELHI!”

Ranked #10 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Hyderabad, India
“BEST HOTEL IN DELHI!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here for several days in July and August. It is almost impossible to match their service in any hotel in Delhi. The attention to detail and personal care/service provided is top notch. I stayed in their club floor, which is the best deal to have. It includes breakfast, high tea with snacks, and evening drinks with light food, but great quality. You can access the club lounge throughout the day for coffee and tea.

Food can be a little expensive (like any other 5 star hotels in India) but the quality and service is truly remarkable. Try the House of Ming which has excellent chinese food.

I used the swimming pool and gym almost every day. Try their Jaccuzi.

Because of its long experience in the hotel business, Taj has truly learned how to provide service to its hotels guests. Next time I am in Delhi, I directly go to Taj.

1 Thank Raju K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for several days as I looked for an apartment to stay in Delhi. It is a wonderful hotel with fanstasic staff, food and great facilities. It is an expensive hotel though and eating there breaks the bank.

2 Thank RavenousFoodie
delhi
Reviewed August 16, 2012

beautiful view from room, great service. I stayed here for 5 days in July and was blown away by the service, food, rooms and basically everything about this place. After even one day many people at the hotel would greet me by name and the food staff all knew my food preferences (so would offer a cappuccino right when I walked in for breakfast and talk about which foods to avoid that had seafood which I don't eat).Comfortable room, very clean, elegant surroundings and generally exactly what you'd expect from a luxury hotel. Lots of attention to detail, and excellent food in the restaurants. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I've ever seen anywhere, excellent. I found myself contemplating getting up earlier so I could linger over breakfast a little, and twice we stuffed ourselves so much that we skipped lunch. The only reason I didn't give them 5/5 is because when we checked in on a Saturday night, the music from the night club was so loud in the lobby, that we had to scream at the top of our lungs to be heard. For some reason it took almost 20 minutes to check in (no lines, the actual check in process took 20 minutes), and we had no idea what the guy was saying to us the entire time. By the time we got up to our rooms, our ears were ringing and we both had a headache. Definitely not a pleasant experience after 20 hours of travel, at 1am local time. Still, would probably stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mayankarora1411
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Still, would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay there on a weekend, get a room facing the street, not the pool. The mus...
1 Thank Nic M
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It seems like the staff here is trained to treat each guest like royalty, and people go out of your way to make your stay pleasant.

The breakfast buffet is great, and the Chinese restaurant as well. The location is also very convenient, since the Khan market is nearby where you can meet up with friends for coffee or dinner, buy groceries and electronics, etc. My one caution is that tours and cars organized by the hotel are expensive, but otherwise I would say this is now one of my favorite hotels in the world.

Also, the spa is great, and when I worked out at the gym there was only one other person there, which was nice. And there was no one in the women's locker room so I was able to enjoy the jacuzzi and sauna, etc. in a very relaxed, pampered manner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dina k
Singapore
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Taj Manisingh is a stand out for its impeccable service. I have stayed here quite a few times over the past 5 years and am always impressed with the personal greeting on the steps of the hotel, private in-room check in, greeting by name by the lift attendant throughout your stay (I don't know how the man can possibly remember every guest's name but he seems to!), the extremely professional and courteous service in the restaurants.

In my view, the rooms are average. Nothing wrong with them but nothing special. A bit on the small side and dated furnshings etc. However, the attentive and professional service in every aspect of the hotel sets this apart from other hotels in Delhi.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just back after staying 3 nights - July 29, 30, 31 - at the Taj Mahal Hotel In New Delhi. Stayed in the room overlooking the pool. Had 2 rooms. The Taj group sets the standard in service. The rooms were updated with a flat screen tv and handheld controls for the drapes, sheer and air conditioning. Turn down service and room cleaning is where the attention to detail comes in. We had left a number of devices - computers, phones and ipods - cables plugged into the socket. They put little velcro wraps on the cables and had arranged them. When they saw that we had a 9 year old, a small size bath slipper was provided for her.

Had breakfast at the Clubroom - paranthas were fantastc and the akuti eggs on toast - scrambled eggs with ginger, turmeric etc was other reasons to go back for. Their restaurant Machan had great food and would recommend it. The service again makes it memorable.

Security is tight with all bags screened at the entrance. A Delhi Police person is posted on every floor and Commandos with automatic rifles at the entrance.

Location is perfect - walk to Khan Market, Pandar Road, Metro. You can see Humayun's tomb, India Gate and JN Stadium from the room. Otherwise all you see the terrific green cover/trees in ND and parrots flying about in the evening.

Last, but not the least, Ms. Kritika Khanna, Manager is one person who made our stay even better. She is the kind of a person who defines someone who works at the Taj - cool, confident and fixes problems. Nothing ruffles her and her passion for excellence makes her an asset to the Taj. That human touch is something no other hotel provides.

This is the Taj and it is one of the best. I would always come back here and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family