3,293 results
All reviews masala art blue bar orient express diplomatic enclave club floor butler service beautiful hotel indian restaurant business trip coffee shop excellent stay courteous staff buffet breakfast hospitality delhi luxury capital
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed at the Taj Palace Hotel for a week with my wife and 3 kids. Perhaps one of the best hotels that I have stayed at in all my travels. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel lobby is very impressive. The Taj hotels are known for their service and this hotel is no exception. The service at the restaurants was spectacular. We had the chef stop by every day asking us if the food was good and the waiters were exceptionally attentive.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I stayed at the Taj Palace hotel as part of a tour for two nights- once at the start of my trip and once at the end. The hotel was not quite as grand as the Taj hotels in Mumbai where I live, but it was still very nice. It was very quiet when I was there and both times we were all upgraded to club rooms, which was fantastic. The rooms were very plush with great views- the only thing was that it was so high tech it took me a while to work out how to use the lights and the bath etc!! The private club breakfast room was superb, the business lounge was excellent, the room service excellent and I loved the little touches like being brought chocolate cake and straberries in the afternoon! Also, Molten Brown toiletries... lovely.
The restaurant was fine but better than the food was the service- very friendly.
Recommended for a stopover or business trip in Delhi.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2009

This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The room was fantastic, the staff were great. The hotel is spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Stayed here for one night only and that was enough.

Strong and overpowering smell of fragrant oil everywhere. Exterior gaudy facade design and old paintwork make it look tired and unappealing. Entrance lobby is good but elevators leading to rooms, gaudy carpets in corridors and tackily painted walls and doors require a major upgrading job and more emphasis on detail. Rooms are no more than 3.5 to 4 star level. Room entrance door and cabinet work is gloomy and need replacement. Colour coordination of furniture, floor carpet, curtains is not to my taste.

Breakfast is okay but not lavish in a bright red floored dining area as if designed by team from 'Changing Rooms' TV programme.

Acceptable place to stay if price was say £100 a night.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2008

We stayed at the Taj Palace for 2 nights. This was our first stop on our 11 day tour of India as part of our honeymoon. The hotel is in New Delhi and resides within a residential area. We felt very safe at the hotel, there are guards at the main gate and even security staff at the reception area. We were told that the hotel gets a lot of Government officials staying there.

The lobby is lovely and looks rather impressive with a large Chandelier. The rooms were pretty average and what you would expect from the standard hotel. We felt that the room we stayed in (3rd floor) was a little tired and could do with sprucing up. I am quite allergic and sneezed a lot in our room- my sure sign of dust lurking. They did give us a bunch of red roses and also a cake to congratulate us on our wedding- which was nice.

Service was good and the food in the restaurants was of a good standard- though as is the case in most Indian hotels you pay a lot for such standards.

Overall pleaseant stay- not bad a a stop over hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple