We stayed at the Taj Palace for 2 nights. This was our first stop on our 11 day tour of India as part of our honeymoon. The hotel is in New Delhi and resides within a residential area. We felt very safe at the hotel, there are guards at the main gate and even security staff at the reception area. We were told that the hotel gets a lot of Government officials staying there.
The lobby is lovely and looks rather impressive with a large Chandelier. The rooms were pretty average and what you would expect from the standard hotel. We felt that the room we stayed in (3rd floor) was a little tired and could do with sprucing up. I am quite allergic and sneezed a lot in our room- my sure sign of dust lurking. They did give us a bunch of red roses and also a cake to congratulate us on our wedding- which was nice.
Service was good and the food in the restaurants was of a good standard- though as is the case in most Indian hotels you pay a lot for such standards.
Overall pleaseant stay- not bad a a stop over hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern crescent-shaped hotel situated on 6 acres in the diplomatic enclave, 15 minutes from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Palace New Delhi
- Hotel Taj Palace
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi