“Always a pleasure staying at the hotel”

Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi
Ranked #7 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Yet another visit to Taj and yet another brilliant stay. This time I was staying in one of the newer rooms which were very tastefully done. The staff as usual was very cordial and professional and took care of all my travelling needs. The hospitality at the hotel keeps bringing me back!

This was another good stay at the hotel. The hotel staff was cognizant of all my requests and fulfilled them without any issues.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the hotel entrance. It will give you a very nice view of the landscaping done near...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amit B

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great hotel. Staf is very friendly and rooms are well equiped. Nice outdoor swimming pool with a golf green for the (bigger) kids. The hotel has good conference facilities. Only point for improvement is the breakfast. This can be improved and is not meeting the standards od simular hotels.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LikeToExploreThings
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from India and loved it! We started and ended our trip at the Taj Palace Hotel in Delhi. It was a beautiful hotel, excellent hospitality and wonderful food. Let's start at the beginning. We were on a tour with General Tours. Upon our arrival the bus had to pass a security check; they looked in, under and around the bus with the use of mirrors and a dog. No one gets on the property without passing inspection first. Once we entered the hotel the front desk staff had our keys ready within minutes. We barely had time to awe over the lobby before we were whisked away to our rooms. The rooms were beautiful and quite comfortable. In our particular room we had a great view of the grounds and the pool area. We had plenty of room to move around, lots of closet space and a "to die for" bathroom. It had a separate tub and shower, single sink with plenty of space for our toiletries and shades that moved up and down at the touch of a button; you see, there was one complete wall and one partial wall that was all glass between the bathroom and the sleeping area. We had breakfast at the hotel each morning and it was a wonderful spread of all types of food; made to order omlettes and pancakes, fresh fruits and juices, breads, various types of Indian food, and more. We exchanged currency at the hotel with fair rates; they also had an ATM machine. The shopping was limited in the hotel store but what they did have was wonderful and the prices were very fair. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers to this area of India.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tvlgypsy
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 10 nights.My work was such that i had to operate from my room for 8 days.I must stay I was looked after very well by Taj Palace.Right from room service boys to Chefs,to receptionist every body took pride in their job and whole aim was to make me comfortable.Location is such that you will not feel you are in Delhi.Lot of greenery around.

Security Procedures ---almost like defence. every floor there is security guard.

It has a small golf area with only greens.

Business center very reliable and complimentary coffee served

The breakfast was outstanding.Lunch and dinner in all restaurants is outstanding.I used their pool,Gym,Jacuzzi and sauna daily.After every work out lemon juice was placed in room complimentary before i reached the room. They will spoil you with choices.

I had my own car and gave them for valet Parking.on the very first day,when I had to leave,the car was non ops. Their in-charge Dharmendra gave a call to Mechanic and repaired as instructed on phone.No charges.Outstanding guest services.

Will I come back--Definetly

Room Tip: take pool facing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rpsh
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, quite under rated in many ways. I really like the restaurants, and the lobby coffee lounge. Placed in front of the garden, it is a fantastic place to meet people for casual discussions.

I like the rooms a lot, however, I stayed in the Taj Club Rooms. These are very nice. They should renovate the elevators, and make it easier to take your luggage up. It is not such great fun to arrive at a fancy hotel, and drag your suitcases up the flight of stairs to the lobby.

The rooms I stayed in were very well designed for work, and this is a huge bonus.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Taj Club Rooms! These are great, but expensive
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RajivC
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a premium hotel in every sense. It is fully remodeled, with modern rooms with all the high tech features. We appreciated universal electrical outlets that eliminate the need for plug adapters. Perfect A/C, excellent wi-fi, luxurious baths, and most important impeccable service. They even have someone to push the lobby elevator button for you. Security is tight but unobtrusive. They have restaurants for every taste, from classic Indian to Continental to Vietnamese. One area that could still use an update is the swimming pool, which is a large tank with ladders for entry. Pool service was great, of course, though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ronald O
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed her in May 2013 on our last nights after three weeks in India and one week in Bhutan. We wanted to leave India on a high note. The Taj did the trick. The common areas and the grounds are beautiful. The room was good exactly what you would expect in a five star hotel. The people were all friendly and very helpful. We drank champagne in the bar to celebrate one month on the road. It was all very nice. Thank you Taj Hotel and thank you India. It is truly Incredible India.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple