We had heard about the Taj and as it was just across the road from our Hotel ITC Maurya, we decided to go across for a change of scenery. First impressions are it is a very ornate and grand hotel with lots of white marble. We went to the bar to get a drink only to find a bottle of 'imported' beer which costs £2 in London costs INR 880 (£11). So we asked about the local Kingfisher beer which we know costs INR 50 (it is printed on the bottle) and were blown over to find it costs INR 750 (1,500% mark-up)....
The service was non-existent other than trying to get us to buy another bottle - which we very definitely declined. We will not be going back - I did enquire about how much rooms were and although higher than our they were not horrific, but I believe they run these as loss leaders enticing you in - then getting you with the indefensible price hikes on drinks et al.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern crescent-shaped hotel situated on 6 acres in the diplomatic enclave, 15 minutes from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Palace New Delhi
- Hotel Taj Palace
- Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi