3,262 results
All reviewsmasala artblue barorient expressdiplomatic enclaveclub floorbutler servicebeautiful hotelindian restaurantbusiness tripcoffee shopexcellent staycourteous staffbuffet breakfasthospitalitydelhiluxurycapital
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at the Taj Palace on November 28, 2012 as part of a group of 200+ doing a land and sea vacation. We stayed one night on the club floor. The room was modern, clean and very quiet. The beds were comfortable -- allowing us to get a good nights sleep after a very long journey.

The staff at reception, the concierge desk and on the club floor were warm and welcoming. We really appreciated the included internet on the club floor -- it came in handy when we wanted to email our family to let them know we had arrived safely.

We had both breakfast and dinner in the buffet restaurant (sorry - do not recall the name). The service was oustanding. By dinner time, the staff already recognized us. I do not recall receiving as much service at a buffet restaurant anywhere in the world. The food quality was also excellent with wonderful choices of local or Western style food.

The hotel is not located near shops or restaurants, however you can take a tuk tuk (three-wheeled vehicle) into Old Town for about $3.

There is not one item that I can find fault with at the Taj Palace. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Travelcat2014
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Taj is a modern hotel and typical of a good internationally top rated establishment. Stayed here on 3 occasions while touring India - on the 6th , the 4th then the 2nd floor. The rooms on the 6th (club floor) and the 4th were almost identical and were very modern. A particular feature being the bathroom which was enclosed in glass - electric operated blinds can secure your modesty if required! The room on the 2nd was more spacious but didn't have the modern features of the others plus the bathroom was fairly small and old fashioned for a hotel of this standard. However, all rooms featured very comfortable beds, great pillows, plenty of bottled water, flat screen TVs, slippers, lovely bath towels, etc.
The staff are friendly and efficicent and very welcoming.
Dining - There is nothing close by so we ate in one of the hotel restaurants - Masala Art. Excellent.
Breakfast - buffet style with excellent choice of Indian, Oriental and European. Good quality food but is hectic during busy times and you may have to wait for a table.
Hotel is in a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle and you will not be troubled by noise. Would recommend for a stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors appear to be more modern.
2  Thank Wilton2
Reviewed December 19, 2012

One can feel the warm welcome of the Taj and the hospitality right from when car starts getting screened for security check to when the valet takes it away and then a quick security screening at the door. Someone usually approaches to help out in the lobby and the liftmen are polite and smiling. They have a good practice of not letting you up to the rooms if you are not a guest unless you speak to the resident guest through the house-phone.
I think besides the fact that the rooms are done rather tastefully and the decor is contemporary, the USP of a Taj property always remains excellent hospitality and this one definitely scores huge
The breakfast buffet is a good spread with a lot of variety although sometimes it can seem to be less on the Indian side. The chinese restaurant serves some really good oriental food.
The pool is nice though nothing fancy, the trees and surroundings make it nice although the downside is it's right next to a very busy road leading to Dhaula Kuan, so peak hours can give an impression of pollution both from air as well as noise perspective.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are great as they also offer a view of the airport metro link and the lush greenery beyond it
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TheTravellerNewDelhi
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had been to New Delhi on official work and I stayed at Taj Palace. I decided to stay at Taj because I am a fan of Taj group of hotels and prefer to stay at Taj in every city. When I booked the hotel, I got a call from one of their staff one day before to confirm my stay and to check my preferences.

Taj Palace is centrally located at S.P. Marg road right in the heart of New Delhi. It just takes 30 minutes to reach the airport even during the peak hours. I found the design of the hotel lounge to be peculiar. Once you enter, you see a few steps taking you up and then you are got to figure out yourself where the lift lobby is. Even after three days of my stay there, I had difficulty locating the lift lobby and went over to Kafe Fontana and then came back. The hotel was crowded in the lobby all the three days I stayed there. Perhaps, this hotel is the choice of all the affluent community to arrange for their get-togethers and kitty parties !

The room that was given to me was on the second floor and I had to walk a long distance to reach my room. The ambience of the room was quite decent. I could connect to the internet instantly and the network speed was reasonable. At Taj hotels in other cities, being an innercircle member, I would get either welcome drink of cut fruits every day. However, here I got only the welcome drink only for the first day. I did not bother to call up and ask for the same. Despite no noise, good AC regulation etc., I could still not manage to get a good sleep on all the three days. I did not have time to try out the gym or spa. The breakfast at Kafe Fontana was complimentary as part of the package. The spread was good, though I felt it was not having many Indian dishes which I could find in other hotels. Further, some Indian items like idli - sambar, poori bhaji, pav bhaji, paranthas were not tasting good. I did not try out the dosa varieties. I relied on cornflakes and muesli as nothing could go wrong with these ! Just as any Taj hotel, Taj Palace also packed me a few dishes that I could use for lunch. I find that courtesy and hospitality are the trademarks of Taj which was present here also. Some Taj's "pamper" the guests while this was not - just service on demand. Overall, this is a good hotel to stay for a business trip.

Room Tip: I had got the room overseeing the road outside. Surrounded by greenery and watching the traffic on the road was a good time pass ! You could try that.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank janaki_thiagarajan
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We travel a lot, always in top rated hotels when they are available. We ‘ve seen more spectacular hotels than the Taj in Delhi, we ‘ve stayed in bigger rooms, we’ve had an equally good service and food offer, but rarely all at the same time.
Our stay at the Taj Palace was more than pleasant, the rooms comfortable, the service outstanding, the choice in food was more than sufficient and varied. As was the choice of tea: a traditional English tea time from 3 to 6 will confront you with insurmountable problems to make a choice in the vast offer of tea labels.
The Kaffee Fontana is the basic restaurant for breakfast and dinner and is very good, but I especially want to recommend The Orient Express restaurant.
We were pleasantly surprised to find an actual train wagon inside, beside a nice bar and seats for the aperitif. A local singer and piano player found the right tone and songs for a fun atmosphere: not too loud, not too special, just right.
The food was absolutely great (nice choice as well), cooked to perfection and full of flavor. The wine was expensive as it is all over India, but I got a nicely priced wine from Chile and more than enough of it. We had a great meal there, and a lot of fun, everything one desires in a visit to an upscale restaurant. A lot of that was the merit of the outstanding maître Jagjeet. Great personality, excellent knowledge of food and wine, a man who loves his job and knows what to do to make guests feel good (yes, we were guests, not customers!). The right man at the right place: when at the Taj, make a reservation at the Orient, you won’t regret it. And when in Delhi, stay at the Taj, they have it all. There was a big, posh wedding during our stay, with lots of highly respected guests in fantastic outfits … you name, it was there. But the other guests were not forgotten, and when we checked out in our common travel outfits, surrounded by local beauty and glamour, we got just as much attention and service as the select company that came there more often no doubt. That’s when you know you made the right choice. These people know their business, and you can only benefit from this attitude. My compliments, guys.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have a nicer view