Taj Palace, New Delhi
$135
$125
  • Breakfast included
ITC Maurya, New Delhi(New Delhi)
$176
$141
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $248/night.

$127
$88
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$203
$178
$102
$97
  • Breakfast included
The Imperial Hotel(New Delhi)
$164
$62
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

$106
$103
$81
Priceline
3,126 results
All reviewsmasala artblue barorient expressblue gingerkafe fontanaclub floorbutler servicebeautiful hotelindian restaurantbusiness tripcoffee shopexcellent staycourteous staffbuffet breakfasthospitalitydelhiluxury
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the Taj Palace for 8 days and it's the little things that make it stand out. An older hotel but one that has been recently refurbished and kept in immaculate order throughout. Check in was very fast, greeted with flower garland and red Bindi spot, reception staff were exceptionally friendly and courteous, escorted to our rooms and offered a complimentary welcome drink and fresh fruit. Cases turned up within minutes whereupon I found I'd not packed my shaving razor, a quick call to guest services produced a complimentary shaving kit within minutes.

The rooms were very well appointed, excellent Tea and Coffee making facilities with a well stocked, albeit pricey, mini bar. Comfortable firm beds facing a Large Flat screen TV with lots of channels and a DVD player with a large library of films available from guest services. LED lighting with control panels by the bed(s) to control the various lights and window blinds. The trend of putting a glass partition between bathroom and bedroom in a twin room always puzzles me. It's fine if you are travelling with your partner but it's not something I really want when travelling with friends and occupying a twin room. Thankfully there's an electrically operated screen in the bathroom. Beds are turned down each evening with a flower and mat and slippers placed by your bed, all nice little touches.

The staff throughout our stay were, without exception, exceptionally courteous and friendly, always willing to take the time to chat, answer questions, nothing ever seemed too much trouble, always greeting you with the time of day and a big smile.

The food was excellent throughout and the Orient Express has to be experienced. Not cheap but it tries to recreate the elegance and ambiance of the famous train dining carriage. There are 4 main restaurants in total with the main one operating 24 hours. There are two main bars and they do operate a dress code so no shorts, even outside the Blue bar on the terrace.

We were aware that WiFi was available for an extra charge but felt it was quite expensive. We weren't aware and only found out on the second to last day that you could have a half-hour complimentary use of a PC in the business center each day to check emails, check in for flights, etc. It's just a little thing but it would have made a lot of difference to us if we'd have been told at check-in. Similarly, the main Blue Bar operates a happy hour between 6pm and 8pm, buy one drink and get one free, again this wasn't mentioned, it just happened to turn up in conversation with the bar staff.

The hotel has a large pool and 9-hole mini golf course at the rear, surrounded by the bar and restaurant terraces. The hotel is situated next to the main ring road so there is always the constant sound of traffic horns to shatter what would be a very tranquil and relaxing area. That said the noise isn't at all oppressive and you tend to forget about it after a while.

Having stayed at a good number of 5* hotels I can say that this was one of my best experiences. The excellent decoration, overall cleanliness and attentive service make for a very enjoyable experience and one I wouldn't hesitate to repeat if I return to Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cerbera_4point5
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I enjoyed staying here. The service and food is very good. The location is a little away from major attractions and near embassies. Also there aren't any shopping arcades which would have been helpful given the location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica88_10
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Unfortunately we only got to stay one night as we were on a tour. The staff could not be more helpful. The food was very good. Rooms are comfortable. The glass walled bathrooms are "interesting" with both a tub and rainfall shower. The electric shades are neat. I cannot rate value, as we were on tour and room was included.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very good staff, professional and friendly. The rooms are a nice fit out. The whole place s clean. The food is very good as well, both room service and restaurant .
I have stayed at this hotel several times, but every time I nearly go out of my find with the doors slamming up & down the hall. Most of the time it is the maid going in and out of the rooms in the morning.
At the end of the day if you are getting woken up all the time by doors slamming every few minutes none of the other "nice" stuff at the hotel matters one bit.

Room Tip: Get a room right at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Harp46
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I landed in DElhi late night in november,
I reached Taj palace hotel very drowsy.The welcome and the friendly nature of the staff woke me up.The lobby leads into a nice widening staircase ,very welcoming.
The checkin was fast and smooth,the staff even led me to my room and were ready to aqaint me with the facilities even t this late hour.
The bed was was comfy and I had a very peaceful sleep.
The breakfast spread is really awesome and so are the staff including the chef,infact I overate!
The antiques displayed at the lobby and the artifacts ,asthetically dusplayed all over the hotel are a treat to watch and photograph as well.
Also the TV channel on the history of Taj as in all their properties is wortth watching for the lovely history that is so well narrated.
My stay was for just one night ,i has been a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business