I stayed in the Taj in Delhi on three separate nights in October when I was touring with Riviera Travel. I can honestly say that the hotel was wonderful, particularly when we made our return stays. It really did feel as though we were returning home. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The rooms were very comfortable. Bottled water was supplied for teeth cleaning so no problems with using tap water. We visited the bar one evening and were delighted to find that we had timed it with Happy Hour. Worth knowing as alcohol can be expensive in India. We ate each evening at the main restaurant and each time we ate outside without any Mozzie problems. It was lovely in the night air as the restaurant is a bit soulless. There are lots of different foods available including brilliant Italian food for anybody who is a bit worried about the yummy curries.
My only problem with the hotel came on our last evening in India. Our whole group were upgraded which was terrific and the rooms were amazing but the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by glass walls and we had to call for help to find the switch for the blinds. It was hidden behind the dressing gowns in case you care looking. I ŵas travelling with a friend so the blinds were essential!!
There is a great business centre if you need to use a computer and also there is a shop next to this which looked very interesting but we were never in the hotel when it was open. The location of the hotel was not a problem to us as we were travelling by coach and was in a very interesting area with lots of embassies nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, is spread out over six acres of lush gardens in the heart of India’s capital city. It is an oasis of calm while still being right in the middle of the city’s action. Not surprisingly, then that our 403 rooms and suites have played gracious host to princes, heads of state, corporate czars and high-powered conferences and the grandest of weddings for close to four decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Palace New Delhi
- Hotel Taj Palace
- Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- The Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi