“2 good”

Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi
Ranked #7 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed there for 3 weeks. I'm very picky and fussy. Taj lived up to my expectations in every sense. I’ve stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels but this hotel takes the cake. All the staff acknowledges you every time, regardless of how many times you pass them. The room service gives you a time frame as too how long your order will take. The concierge is very helpful. You don’t feel like your staying in India. The housekeeping is very prompt and breakfast is till 11.30am. They even had a guy meet us at the airport when we were leaving who helped us check in. Although the in house cabs are expensive Rs 2,600 per 4 hours, they are well worth it, as all the drivers have mobiles and have very good knowledge about the roads so you never feel lost – something which is very easy to feel in India. They also understand English. Right from the check in to the departure there is always someone there. If I have any issues the staff are more than happy to assist. I started with staying there for 2 days and just kept on extending. The hotel has a very peaceful feeling.

Room Tip: stay on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank peter s

Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was a lovely experience to stay at an India Hotel. Centrally located rooms. Excellent staff. Good experience of staying. The stay was very comfortable. We can enjoy the Indian food and also the local stuff. Buffet was good. Rooms were very neat and clean. All for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kuladeepreddy
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at Taj Palace for 3 days. I overall experience was less than expected… When you check into a deluxe property as Taj Palace Hotel, you expect everything to be perfect. Strangely, all was not perfect as expected.

Airport Pickup:
A person by the name Hafeez was at the airport. He ensured that I did not have any problem to reach to the car. The driver who fetched me from the airport was a person by the name Devanand. Again a warm person who tried to make sure that the drive from the airport to the hotel was perfect.

Check In:
The check-in was a smooth. A lady (forgetting the name) was there at the gate to accost me… she quickly ushered me to the hotel into the 6th Floor wherein the Taj Club Floor is situated. As I entered the room I was greeted by butler by the name Ishan. A smart individual who was trying to make sure that I felt comfortable. He even offered to take me around the hotel to see what was available.

Coffee Shop – Fontanna – Great Experience:
Excellent experience … I found that the entire team so warm. I never felt unattended …. Rather it was a feeling as if I am at home. Chef Subramanium was so hospitable. This is great place. I have found that the team ensures that all your needs are taken care off. What I liked about this place is that little things are taken care off such as my bread toast which had turned cold was immediately replaced by a staff named Bhagwati. … Then another staff member by the name Ashwini was making sure that I was taken care off. And of course, Chef Subramanium is a star. He made sure that my special food requirements were take care off..
Chef Subramanium, Bhagwati and Ashwini are service stars and deserve a pat

Taj Club – Lounge (7th Floor):
Great service … I found the entire team to very warm. Great job being done by Khushboo and others

Not so great experiences:

Taj Club – Counters (6th & 7th Floors):
I was quite amazed to see that the girls sitting at the Taj club counters on 6th and 7th floors talking on phone without really bothering who is walking by.. One would have expected them to wish. Also, when they wished I found these ladies coolly sitting… I would have expected them to stand up and wish the guests checking-in . I also found the same issues with the boys who were sitting on the 7th floors. They too did not have the courtesy to wish the guests who passed by. Some of these individuals who I found demonstrating this arrogance includes: Bhavna, Panchi, Preeti etc. For example, I had requested some details but she had forgotten … I had to remind her.
However, among all these Taj Club counter staff I found staff member by the name Ritu ..(at the desk on 6th Floor) to be proactive who made attempts in her own way to take care of guests. She was very courteous and even came to see me at the porch when I was leaving. Other staff members at Taj Club Counters need to be like Ritu..

Experience at Concierge
One of my requests to the hotel was that since I would be conducting interviews in the board-room (small), they should get the details displayed on the display board in the lobby. I had clearly mentioned this on the first day to butler Ishan and other members in the reservations. While this was done on the first day, the details were not placed on the second day. When I went to the concierge to check about it…. I found a lady by the name Karishma. When I asked her why the meeting details were not displayed on the board … Instead of aplologizing she told me to go and check with the duty manager. When I spoke to someone by the name Wahaj … he told me that he was in the upper lobby and shall do once he was done… I was amazed to see that the staff did not have a required sense of urgency. I had to run pillar to post to finally get a message up on the display board. There is clearly something missing in the hotel… The team does not seem to be living up to the brand values of Taj.

Boardroom – 4
The boardroom is situated in a corner of the hotel in not a great location. The rooms have an unpleasant smell which emanates from a room that has not been used for long. I was taken care off by Taj staff members: Alok and Vijay. But what was weird that Alok kept on pushing to sign-off the bill even before the day had closed. This happened in both the days. He somehow wanted to get my signature and finish his work. Though Alok was warm through out the day…

Housekeeping:
When I checked into the hotel and tried using the bathroom basin... it was getting clogged. The tap knob was not working.. However, a maintenance person and came and repaired it. I wish on Taj Club floor these things should be looked at before a guest checks in

Room Tip: - Try Cafe Fonterra (Coffee Shop) - Great Service
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank DebuDeb
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I, along with, 15 family members, from 2 to 78 years old, stayed for 3 nights in June 2012 at this lovely hotel. We had booked 6 rooms. Everything ticked with clock work precision from the time we stepped into the lobby. Check in was prompt & friendly. Our rooms were ready & all on the same floor. Rooms were clean and the a/cs were efficient, taking into consideration that the outside temperature was 42C ! The buffet breakfast was sumptuous & the staff attentive and polite. With 4 small children running all over the place, the staff showed utmost patience !
Well done Taj Palace ! You are maintaining the high standards of the TATA Group ! If we visit Delhi we will always stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SyedDhaka
Reviewed July 18, 2012

we stayed at taj palace hotel in delhi. me and my wife were travelling on our anniversary.
we chose to stay at the taj. and yes the taj is really the taj, its simply the best.
the rooms are so well kept, and decorated. it truly feels good.
the food was nice too.
the staff was nice and gentle.
the breakfast was nice too.
the location of the hotel is good too.
the interiors, and outdoors are great .
overall we just had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajaykumr17
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Taj hasn't changed at all in the last 20 or so years that I've lived there, on and off.

Which can be both, a good thing and a bad thing.

Rooms are comfortable with ample space, the staff is courteous, beds are comfortable and the desk in the room really helps but the a/c is pretty erratic and temp controls don't work.

Didn't like the fact that they charged for wifi but the connection speed was pretty good.

The food, considering the hotel is in Delhi, the gastronomic capital of the country, is pretty ordinary, which is quite a disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ShivBhakt
Reviewed July 17, 2012

A truely lovely city is the capital of this lovely country. Delhi is a lovely city with lots of history. Taj Palace is part of Taj group of hotels. Indeed a lovely stay. The rooms were recently redecorated, indeed very good. The breakfast was very good. Ate in one of the restaurants. Very good service, A 5 star hotel .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple