3,268 results
All reviewsmasala artblue barorient expressdiplomatic enclaveclub floorbutler servicebeautiful hotelindian restaurantbusiness tripcoffee shopexcellent staycourteous staffbuffet breakfasthospitalitydelhiluxurycapital
Reviewed January 30, 2012

By far the best experience in any of the Taj properties that I have stayed in globally.

Food is amazing, Service par excellence. Overall, an overwhelming experience.

We stayed at their Taj Club Rooms. Only drawback was their bathrooms. The bathrooms are complete glasswork, which means that one has to drawdown the drapes. Interestingly, that only makes the bathrooms semi-transparent. When one is staying with the family, the room has to be vacated by everyone else before one can use the bathrooms.

That apart, an excellent property (an old one through).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Taj rooms are beautiful. My favorite part of the room is the glassed bathroom with both a tub and a shower.

Service-wise, you are offered fruit and tea or coffee to your room when you first check in, which is a very nice touch.

In regards to the location of the hotel, there isn't much going on around. It is long stretched of roads surrounded by walled in embassy buildings, so there isn't much to look at except for walls.

The hotel is very big with hundreds of rooms, too big for me, but despite this, the overall service manages to make it feel more personal.

One brilliant move on the part of this hotel is the universal power outlets that don't require a power converter (certainly not for American electronics that I had with me). BRILLIANT!

Two negative things: One thing I noticed is that during breakfast, not everyone got the same level of attentiveness and service.

Second negative thing is that at a hotel of this caliber, it is truly irritating to have to be nickeled and dimed in regards to wifi usage. Wifi should be free or already built into the hotel price, not $12 for 24 hours (Jan 20th, 2012). Although the welcome tea is a very, very nice and settling gesture, I would forgo that for free, strong wifi.

Despite this, this is definitely a 5 star hotel, but the two negatives mentioned above and the boring surroundings and the big size of the hotel makes it more of a 4.5 star establishment to me. The hotel is very shielded from the craziness of Delhi outside, which can be a good thing based on your perspective.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We loved this hotel! From the charming turbaned doorman, to the beautiful sari-clad women gracefully greeting us with "Namaste", to the ever-smiling and friendly elevator operator...this hotel is filled with the most gracious, friendly and helpful staff we've ever had the pleasure to encounter! The hotel is gorgeous, the rooms beautiful (we were kindly upgraded to the elegantly lovely Club level with access to a perfectly equipped business center),the swimming pool and grounds were lovely, the restaurants terrific, and the cleanliness was impeccable! What an amazing introduction to India! We hated to leave..it was so perfect! A small example of the caring of the staff...after a few days in India left my stomach feeling a bit queasy, the chef of the restaurant very kindly appeared at our table two evenings in a row, offering to prepare anything that I thought would make me feel better...I was astonished by his sincere concern...a lovely attitude that we encountered so many places on our trip to India!

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there are any rooms that aren't perfect!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I travel a lot in the word but like this hotel there are not some many.
I stay one week in business trip and was like a vacation for me. The services, the food, the atmosphere was like in movies. I will recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The finest hotel would be an understatement as the Palace boasts charm, luxury and convenience as it's location is superb. We were on our honeymoon and from the second we entered the Palace Hotel were were greeted like king and queen. Pavalli was our guest relations person and she really was a pleasure and went out of her way to make sure every need was tended to with a smile. She brought a chocolate cake and roses and made sure we had our beautiful turndown service with roses on top of a warm bubble bath waiting for our arrival from dinner.

The breakfast buffet was impressive with a delicious and bountiful arrangement of really good food. If you didn't see something you were looking for they would happily make it for you and once you sit down everything else you desire is brought to you with a smile. We also ate at the House of Ming for dinner and I can't say it was great but maybe we were just not up to it as we had travelled a long way to get to delhi.

We spent two nights here and then went to Varanasi for two nights to then return back to the Palace hotel for another night before we went to Agra. When we returned to the Palace everybody knew our name and greeted us by our last name. Impressive, which is what I can say about every aspect of the Palace Hotel.

Special thanks to Pallavi, already mentioned above. Sandip Sehgal the guest service supervisor, thank you for a beautiful in room dining experience. Aditya Sharma the assistant manager, thank you for taking care of everything, we can not thank you and your staff enough.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple