3,295 results
All reviews masala art blue bar orient express diplomatic enclave club floor butler service beautiful hotel indian restaurant business trip coffee shop excellent stay courteous staff buffet breakfast hospitality delhi luxury capital
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is a good 5-star property. The location is good, and the only problem - in that location, you will never get a public vehicle. The buffet dinner is not that good and spreads need improvement. The buffet breakfast also need improvement compared to other 5-star properties. The staffs are very courteaus, and I thank them all for nice co-operations in all respects.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Aruni_Dasgupta
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Our son was visiting India for the first time so we thought to treat him to what we considered a very special hotel. We asked specifically for at least a queen size bedroom for him (he is 27) so were disappointed he was given a twin bedded room, ignored during check in and not even given a welcome drink. We made the mistake too of using the club lounge for our first day's breakfast as we hadn't quite realised that we would miss breakfast altogether on our second day - flight to Leh being well before breakfast. Service was very poor, and my husband's egg order totally forgotten.
A delicious meal on the Orient Express was some consolation, and the buffet lunch the following day was lovely, even though the order from the live pasta counter was also forgotten.
It was certainly a treat for our lad, but not as much as we had hoped and really not worth what it costs. Disappointing after our first time there which was totally memorable and very special.

Room Tip: Stay well away from any floor that is being upgraded! Very noisy work going on there.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Marmite69
Reviewed October 5, 2011

From check-in to departure I was constantly met by staff that anticipated my needs - this was literally the best overall experience, and by far the best service, I've ever received (and I'm a very regular traveller).

I was impressed that I didn't have to visit the front desk to check-in. Instead I was met at the door at escorted to my room, signed a form, received my key, a tour of the room and that was it. This was especially thoughtful considering that I'd flown for 20+ hours.

Other amazing touches was the staff in the restaurant that encouraged guests to select the right types of foods - especially helpful if you're not completely familiar with different types of Indian food. Through this I discovered some new breads and amazing dishes. My last example was the thoughtful drink and snack tray that magically appeared in my room while I was at the gym - I've attached a picture here.

Again, repeatedly there were so many thoughtful touches: if you're travelling to New Delhi you must stay at this hotel. It was extremely, clean and safe as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank johnzzz
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is a really nice property in a green surrounding and has a decent land size with a range of interesting facilities for guests.

Inhouse restaurants are very nice - great food at the traditional Indian joint.

The swimming pool is amazing. Great service overall and ambience inside and outside is relaxing.

Club rooms particularly are just stunning.

Perfect for business meetings

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank anuraj1
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed in the Taj Palace for a week in August 2011. The service was extremely attentive...if anything it was bordering on obsequious. But I can't really fault them for that, just because I'm not used to people asking me if I'd like for them to draw me a bath, mist my face with rosewater at the pool, or unlock my door for me as I walk down the hall toward my room! I'm sure lots of people would be glad to be treated like royalty. Everyone I dealt with was polite and professional.

The rooms were lovely...not large but very comfortable and well equipped with fast, reliable wifi, enormous tubs, a great shower, and good beds. There are several restaurants in the hotel. I ate at one that specializes in Vietnamese cuisine, which was quite good, as well as another that serves a whole range of Indian and western dishes, also very nice.

I was in New Delhi on business, so didn't have much time for site-seeing and can't comment on proximity to attractions, unfortunately. But the hotel is situated in a leafy, green area, which can make it easy to forget that you're in the middle of an enormous city.

Would definitely recommend, especially if you are on business and don't have to pay the tab yourself!

Room Tip: Rooms were being updated while I was there, and there was some construction noise. Be sure to find out which floors have work underway, and avoid nearby areas.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business