2,292 results
All reviews connaught place chutney restaurant bangla sahib central location breakfast buffet indian restaurant travel desk club room late check five star hotel very nice hotel comfortable stay tuk tuk house keeping coffee shop courteous staff business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Our group was accommodated in the hotel and they made sure that we were well looked after, 4 am as this was the plane coming in late. The staff was very helpful, quick check in and bringing our luggage to our room immediately. The next day, housekeeping , asked us if we needed anything extra and checked again later to make sure we were comfortable. The hosekeeping person, Manoj Badola was absolutely wonderful and caring. We enjoyed our stay, the pool and the services of all the staff.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairely2016
Reviewed May 13, 2019

The hotel was good close to everywhere but surrounding area was really confronting! Whenever we out the hotel people just tried to rip you off! Just be really careful everyone there seemed friendly and said government official but they are not!

Room tip: Don’t call and annoyed to much
Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 13, 2019

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group tour. Our check in was very efficient. We were met at the door on a very hot day with cold drinks. My room was very comfortable, came with two free bottles of water which was replenished daily during our stay. Staff was exceptional and very professional, courteous. Seemed to be seeking me out as a guest to see if I needed anything. Also, there is a paper mache shop on the lower level that has some fantastic pieces, and I did not see anything quite like this throughout the rest of my stay in India. I am sure it is out there, but I did not see it, so be sure and stop by that shop.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the metropolitan hotel between 22-4-19 till 28-4-19. The hotel staff were amazing. They looked after my needs best they could. Had a varied choice of breakfast. The quality of yogurt and the fruit needs improving. During my short stay twice the fruit went off and yogurt wasn’t sweet at all.
The other policy this hotel had was no guests after 9pm. This I found ridiculous cause I have stayed in several other 5 star hotel in Delhi. No one had this policy. It felt like as if I’m commuting g a crime calling family over.
Hotel room was clean and tidy and spacious. Pool and gym facilities were also a-par with other hotels. Location was ideal and was easy to get around in Delhi.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Where do I begin with how terrible this hotel is?!
Forget 5-star, I'd say 2-3 at best.

1. I booked a 4-night stay with my family. Paid in full on Expedia. When it comes to checking in, I am asked to immediately pay 12000rs (about £130) for them to hold as a deposit for damages. This was not mentioned anywhere when booking. I therefore asked to see where this was written, and I was abruptly told that it is not written. Come on! After persistence to not pay because who knows where that money will go without proof I've paid it, their resolution was to say that if there are any damages I would pay them on check-out. Sure.

2. We arrived in the evening, so decided to have dinner in their in-house Indian restaurant called "Chutney". Casting aside their exorbitant prices (you would think you were paying central-London prices for substandard food), their chicken was completely uncooked, pink as can be. Having sent it back, it returned uncooked. I had asked for the plate to simply be marked off the bill and forget it happened, but the wait-staff insisted we speak to the chef. What did the chef have to say? "Yes it was uncooked, but I put it in the microwave the 2nd time. Was it still uncooked then?" IS THIS A JOKE?! LIKE YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP. In what world is a microwave the chef's answer to raw chicken?! Safe to say we didn't eat there for the remainder of the stay; I didn't fancy getting salmonella.

3. The rooms themselves were average, we booked 2 twin rooms. Be aware the plugs are not the standard UK type, they were a circular 3 pin type. Fortunately contacting housekeeping paid off and they gave us adapters.

4. The pool itself was nice. The breakfast buffet was also good, with a range of foods both Indian and Western. Service was lax to get tea/coffee as that was not in the buffet itself.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel, the staff were not willing to listen to requests, or even just simple questions, and for what is supposedly a *cough* 5-star hotel, I can’t help but laugh at whoever gave it that status. The whole vibe in the hotel is bleak and eery. If you’re looking for welcome, warmth and comfort, turn away from the Metropolitan Hotel & Spa now and don’t look back.

Date of stay: May 2019