“Value for money”

Ranked #56 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Chennai (Madras), India
“Value for money”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were two sisters with a kid, visiting with the sole motive of sightseeing Delhi. Its location is the most primary reason to go with this place. All of the important landmarks fall within 20 minutes of travel. Autos easy to get and local markets and shops, trademark restaurants closeby - we just kept loitering like it was our hometown! Secondary to location, this place has quite a penchant for cleanliness and service - clean and gleaming all the time. The restaurant is quite expensive, but meant to be fine dining and the food is good (not mindblowing).
There was however one thing that we wernt thrilled about - this hotel expect a refundable deposit, which kind of rubbed us on the wrong side, and i still think they can do without it, considering the clientele that they generally get.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nandini R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Hi,
I checked in to the hotel for 4 nights. So I booked through a travel website and realized that I could get a better deal. The staff at The Met were have me a better deal including breakfast and wifi for a rate little higher but much more affordable if you look at the add-ons. Overall, excellent staff, services, location, etc. It's a must stay for all you business travelers.
Cheers

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Abhishek P
Cape Town , South Africa
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in the Metropolitan Hotel in New Delhi. The service was excellent with well trained staff and first class restaurants. The cherry on the cake was when the staff picked up my birthday without anybody telling them. I was showered with good wishes. On the return from our day trip, the friendly staff were waiting with a birthday cake at our room! What a pleasant surprise. We used the sparkling clean pool to cool off in the pre monsoon heat. My birthday meal in the Indian restaurant was superb and the breakfast buffet also very good with a wide selection of dishes. Great hotel and great stay. Thank you very much. Emile and Ina Terblanche, Cape Town, South Africa

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Emile154
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Ok so I'm not normally a 5 star person but in India it can be as cheap as 4 star in Europe. So when in India I like to do it from time to time. Main issue I had here was that when they pre-authorised my bank card I asked later if I could change to pay on my credit card - they didn't tell me it would take 5 days to return the cash - not only that - they hadn't actually tried until I called them 5 days later asking where it was! Not the sort of customer service you would expect! As I was in transit I hung around the lobby for some time and service was sloooooow! Otherwise staff were pleasant and polite (as I usually find in India). There is a shop nearby (30 second walk) at the the left exit if you want to buy crisps, chocolate, drinks, etc at a tenth of the price in the mini bar!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KCAllan
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We booked the Met for four nights towards the end of our stay in India. We chose the hotel based on its central location and the reviews we read about it. We were very happy with our experience. The hotel itself is beautiful and well appointed. The rooms are nice and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast buffet is delicious and includes a wide variety of options (North Indian, South Indian, East Asian, and western). A special thanks goes to one of the managers, Mr. Abhinav who showed a great deal of professionalism and hospitality. We really appreciate his help.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Positive:
Rooms are well maintained and very spacious. Buffet breakfast was excellent. WIFI is not free but I was able to negotiate and got free WIFI after extending my stay for 2 more days.

Negative:
I stayed during the World Cup, and could not watch the game either in my room or at the Bar. As a die hard football fan, I have to go The Park Hotel (few blocks away) to watch the game. Other than the above, I have no problem with my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Over a period of two weeks we stayed three times in the Met Hotel New Delhi. The service was excellent and the rooms were exactly as we had expected. The staff could not have been more helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel to visitors and locals alike.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family