Booked thru Internet after investing great deal of time on trip advisor. My recommendation is that please do not over read the tripadvisor else you will not be able to make a clear selection.
For me, Convenience and comfort of family was more important than Price tag so wanted to balance somehow.
this was going to be longest hotel in India (my home country) so had to be good.
Metropolitan just did that. Though I may not entirely agree with 5STAR rating but it is had everything that we needed.
Mr. Ashok Lal at main restaurant was like Alladin's Jin. Everytime we were looking for something, he appeared from nowhere. he took personal interest in ensuring that we got what we wanted.
Another BIG BIG BIG and pleasant surprise was at the Breakfast Menu. My family brougt lot of ready to eat stuff as we thought we will end up eating continental stuff in a star rated hotel. BUT?? IDLY, DOSA, PURI BHAJI, PAROTHA, ETC, ETC. My God, breakfast for 9 days became a treat in itself. PLUS MASALA CHAI completed it with iceing on a cake.
On the Problem side,
1. Booking website mentioned a separate sitting area. This was not available for 90% of the rooms in the hotel.
2. Bathroom with glass walls. Now this may sound good and romantic for couples and solo travellers, its akward for families. Shutting all lights to take shower is not possible. Possibly they should put curtains against shower wall so it allows required privacy under shower.
3. Travel Desk: Travel desk appear as if its part of the hotel. however its an independent company operating with this hotel and hotel bears no direct responsibilities of their services. We dont have major complains other than higher fares for all the services we used. The drivers provided were professional and good. The cars were good though surprisingly without any music system. not even a radio????
I recommend this hotel to every family who want to be in safe place, get good service, who enjoy Indian cusine & want to be stay in the Centre of the City.
Thanks Metropolitan Team and hope you will pay attention to some of my points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan-Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met & all its Outlets Sakura, Zing, Chutney Bar + Tandoor Restaurant, NeoVeda Spa have been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2015 by Tripadvisor, Highly Commended Spa Hotel India 2016 & Best Sustainable Hotel India 2016 by International Hotel Awards,Excellence in Hospitality Industry 2016 by International Quality Awards,Powering Global Travel Award 2015 by GTA, Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met's passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi