The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$272
  • Pool
$137
$124
  • Breakfast included
ITC Maurya, New Delhi(New Delhi)
$177
$92
$172
$119
1,928 results
All reviewsconnaught placechutney restaurantbangla sahibsikh templecentral locationbreakfast buffetindian restauranttravel deskclub roomlate checkcouple of nightsthe heart of the cityfive star hotelcomfortable staycoffee shopcomfortable roomscourteous staff
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was on a business trip to Delhi and was recommended this hotel by one of my friend. When I reached the hotel, i was mesmerized by the lobby and luxurious look of the hotel. Really worth visiting and staying there. I give this 4 out of 5 points for a family / business stay.

Room Tip: a must visit
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is not a 5 star hotel compared to many of the other 5 star hotels in Delhi however the lower price tends to reflect this. I had 2 rooms here one for myself and one for the driver. Both were classed 'superior' rooms and were identical.

The rooms are faily small but modern and clean. The lamps above the bed look more like bird cages - an interesting feature!

Good points about this hotel were:
1. Good location
2. Reasonable price for room
3. Friendly staff

Bad points were:
1. Internet is expensive
2. Breakfast quality was poor.
3. Only 1 small bar for the whole hotel.
4. The rooms smelled and felt damp (maybe this is normal for Delhi in July)
5. The finish in the rooms was poor, for example, the tiling is very unprofessional with lots of cement filling the gaps.
6. The Television is very small.

Overall it is an average, clean business hotel.

Room Tip: If booking on the hotel website then check the small print - some rooms appear to offer breakfast and internet included but this is not always the case.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank loungeseeker
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for several days in June 2013. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are very nicely appointed, and the hotel gives a complimentary bottle of water daily. Toiletries provided include lotion, shampoo, shower gel, soap, a comb, shaving kit, and dental kit. I found the bed to be very comfortable, but Indian mattresses tend to be harder than many American mattresses (for those who like soft mattresses). The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Connaught Place, where there is a lot of shopping and restaurants. Internet service is expensive at the hotel, and they also charge for use of the business center. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with a variety of Indian and western food. The hotel's coffee was so-so, but I am admittedly a coffee snob. We drank tea with our breakfasts. The service of all employees, including the front desk, restaurant staff, housekeeping, and the concierge was impeccable. I was disappointed that the pool was not in use- it was very hot while we stayed and I would have enjoyed a swim.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Hotel is Nice place,nicely placed in the heart of the centrally located in New Delhi, very near in CP. All the Staff members are excellent and very very courteous specially at the front desk named Neha. She is very very kind and helpful to me for providing all necessary information of Delhi and adjoing states such as Agra, Jaipur etc. She helped in getting foreign exchange etc. She use to welcom to all customers with pleasent face. Shei is always happy and make other hapy too.Other staff at the front desk are also good. I further states that all rooms are excellent. Soothing feel,best use of latest technology brough/bought abroad. I wish to inform that lights are very good. You can change them as per everybody's mood. The Interiors of rooms is really appealing maintaining nicely. Oh I should add that all places in the hotel is very good. Of course, food in the restaurant was also very good,and in variety is also very good.There are options for any body who is food founder catch,the cook at the live counter cooks veg and non veg together,not a pleasant site for those who do not eat non veg. During my stay at Hotel, I also visited/enjoyed in SPA. It is also very nice and staff are very very cordial.

I came from Chennai on 16.6.2013 and stayed upto 19.6.2013 in Room No. 405. It was my best experience staying there. I also inform everybody, who is on their trip to India, would take the same hotel i.e. THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, it is housed at Bangla Sahib Road, Connuahgt Place, New Delhi. I left the hotel on 19.6.2013 to Boston and carry lots of happiness.

KAYNE RYAN
FROM BOSTON

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kayneryan54
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice place,nicely placed in Delhi. Staff is very good and courteous. Rooms are excellent. Soothing feel,best use of technology. Especially lights are very good. You can change them as per your mood. Interiors of rooms is really appealing. Good clean place. Food in the restaurant was also very good,variety is very good.There are options for any body. Only catch,the cook at the live counter cooks veg and non veg together,not a pleasant site for those who do not eat non veg like me. Unfortunately lights in my room started to misbehaving and I had to change the room at 12 midnight as they could not fix up the problem.
Surprising like other hotels food served at the meeting hall was average.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business