“Awesome Property Needs Courteous Front Desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi

The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi
Ranked #49 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, India
“Awesome Property Needs Courteous Front Desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

During my visit everything was just perfect except the checkin and checkout process. Very Good property. Everything is just perfect. Pool, Food, Rest of the Staff apart from Reception. My room was upgraded to club class. Everything was just great. Spa is awesome. Truly rejuvenating and relaxing. What a perfection and I remember that guy in men room Sunil. Couldnt tip him as I was low on cash but what a guy. He took vare of every small thing I may have required. With him washroom in spa was like on auromation. The thing you think of thay you need, you see him standing in front of you with it. Been to so many spas but for this guy I will come back to spa atleast. During checkin as soon as I approached reception. I said I have a reservation ans this girl standing in front without even greeting. Can I have ur ids please. As id I look like a fraud. There was nobody else at the reception. I atleast deserved Hi or Good Evening. But this girl whom I saw at 7 pm in evening was again at reception at 9am. May be hotel has less staff to take care of the guest buy stilll that doesnt give her reason to disrespect guests. Apart from this hotel is value for money and very good. Dont expect respect at reception. Rest all is awesome about the property

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed one nite on our arrival to India & one nite at the end of our tour & enjoyed both rooms. Very clean & well appointed. Very comfortable beds. Buffet breakfast was excellent, with good hot food & fruit & juices etc. Check in was very efficient. On the last nite we had to wait until 10pm to go to the airport, so we enjoyed sitting out by the pool & relaxing.

Would definately recommend to anyone wanting to stay in a central location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orinda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A wonderful way to start your India experience. I arrived after midnight, and the car and driver arranged thru the hotel was there to meet me. My room was lovely, I was dead tired after 21 hours of travel. The breakfast provided the next day was great, lots of choices, as well as great coffee. At the time, I did not know this would turn out to be the best hotel in my 3 week tour of India and Nepal. I looked at many hotels before booking, this is a great value that is moderately priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed one night having to travel from Punjab to catch a flight the next day - 4th April to 5th April. Had booked two rooms - executive. On arrival had a friend come along so required an extra bed in one the rooms. This was dealt with no problems. The check-in was straight forward with the hotel having all the details. The rooms are a high standard with well laid out room furniture and all mod-con facilities - good size shower/bathroom. Had dinner in the Chutney & Bar. This has very good ambiance. However, some people may find the sitting low compared to the height of the table. The variety of food is very good, though some items are expensive - e.g. a cup of tea is 250 rupees - not sure how this can be justified. This was not a problem for us as we had complementary drinks at the Zing Bar. The service at the restaurant was of very high standard and it was good to see that the waiters did not 'hover' while you are eating - something I have found in many a hotels in India.

The check out run smoothly with all out luggage loaded onto to the hotel taxi to the airport. The driver was very helpful and at the airport asked us to remain in the car until he had sourced a couple of luggage trollies. I am not sure how much this would normally cost but comes free with the executive rooms.

Overall we had a good experience and would definitely stay here again when next in Delhi.

Room Tip: It is worth going for the executive rooms - especially if flying in as airport pickup and drop are i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RSB22
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This Hotel was chosen by the tour company "Tour my India" as our 1st hotel on our trip as it was close to Delhi airport and the centre of Delhi for the sights.

The Hotel was clean and tidy and the room was a decent size for the 3 of us.

Breakfast was OK and was a buffet and had both Indian and European choices.

Staff were very helpful and friendly but do not feel it is a 5 star.

We were able to leave our large suitcases at the hotel as we were planing an additional overnight stay after our tour, which was very useful.

The restaurant on site was called Chutney and the food was OK. Prices for the food were average for this type of Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel two separate times while in India and I'm glad that I did not rate this hotel on my first impression. The building is a bit old and the rooms could use some refurbishing. That being said, it is very clean and the staff is excellent. They make up for any other short comings. From being greeted at the front desk to the speed at which they address any request. The Chutney restaurant and bar is also excellent. The breakfast buffet at Zing is very good and the staff makes sure you don't run out of coffee. Hotel location is good and very near Connaught Place. I will be staying here again on my next visit to Delhi.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for two nights as a solo traveller and, as soon as I arrived, I received a warm welcome from staff. In fact, I had three staff members tell me about the hotel and then a lovely female staff member took me personally to my room. Just as well as it wasn't the room with a pool view as they thought they'd given me. But, soon I was comfortably ensconsed in the pool view room which was attractively decorated with stylish and comfortable furniture, contemporary-style wallpapers, Indian objects d'art and mood lighting. The senior front desk staff were extremely considerate and professional in all my dealings with them and, in particular, went out of their way to help me when I realised I'd left my credit card in another hotel several hours away. The hotel's facilities are ideal for a solo traveller as there are two restaurants with delicious Indian and European style cuisine although the drinks prices are high. The staff here are also very helpful and courteous. The hotel is very well located in Connaught Place. It has better than average security and I felt safe staying there. It was also very quiet. The pool is large and attractive but unfortunately I didn't have time to use it. Overall, a lovely place to stay with that home-away-from -home feeling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo