The location is a bit shady, but it's quite close to everything. Very clean and staff is incredibly friendly (they even helped call the phone company for us since I totally couldn't understand their english over the phone). breakfast every morning is basically the same, no surprises, but i would say no surprises is india, is a good thing..
Once you head out of the hotel, everything changes..only the hotel itself is legit. Take a taxi to go out, don't just wander/walk out. the streets are a bit scary..
Room is VERY clean, pretty decent size.
tip: when you get out of the airport, don't go for the taxis in front of the main door (where ppl will come and ask you to get on their car and talk about the price afterwards)
GO ACROSS THE STREET to the booth in the middle (thru a tunnel). the booth says something like "prepaid taxi". tell the guy in the booth which hotel you're heading to, and PAY AT THE BOOTH. they will give you a ticket/receipt and then you get on the taxi.
Or else....u'll get ripped off =]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan-Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met & all its Outlets Sakura, Zing, Chutney Bar + Tandoor Restaurant, NeoVeda Spa have been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2015 by Tripadvisor, Highly Commended Spa Hotel India 2016 & Best Sustainable Hotel India 2016 by International Hotel Awards,Excellence in Hospitality Industry 2016 by International Quality Awards,Powering Global Travel Award 2015 by GTA, Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met's passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi