The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa
Apartment 52(New Delhi)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
1,908 results
All reviewsconnaught placechutney restaurantbangla sahibsikh templecentral locationbreakfast buffetindian restauranttravel deskclub roomlate checkcouple of nightsthe heart of the cityfive star hotelcomfortable staycoffee shopcomfortable roomscourteous staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went there last year ,clean and nice staff. The elevator broke own a couple of times when going up and down. Went swimming in the afternoon with my shirt on and some guy who worked there told me that I don't need to wear a shirt when I swim... I was offended and I do not recommend this hotel if you enjoy swimming and don't want to swim with your shirt off! Not a Great experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shankulah60
sanzeev, General Manager at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry to note that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us.

Regarding swimming pool matter, I am sorry we are concerned about the safety and hygiene of our other guests also and we allow guests to swim only with their swimming costumes

Will look forward to welcome you again at The Met and we will ensure an much better stay experience for you

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is close to Connaught Place. If you need to be central, this is an average quality, slightly high priced hotel. In Delhi is sensible to be as close as possible to what ever you are doing because the traffic is pretty unbearable.
I stayed in a Club room. Nothing at all memorable about it. The Club room was spartan in the extreme, no little delicacies, but to be fair when I was there it seemed I was the only person staying on the two executive floors. But you pay extra for extra quality or comfort- not found in this hotel.
The breakfast. I was made to wait outside for five minutes on the second day until they could find a table, but you could see spare places! Then asked if I wanted te or coffee but then did not provide anything. This is fairly typical of many Indian hotels- the service is second rate at best. Not a patch on the Taj hotel. The gym is tiny and very limited.
For what you pay there are other hotels worth looking at.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We will work hard in the areas mentioned by you and all needful will be done on high priority.

Will look forward to welcome you again at The Met

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had 3 nights there. It was my biz trip to India and the 1st one that's why I'm not sure whether the hotel has some problems with its services or everything was quite normal.
I arrived at 6 am and since their check-in hr. is 12.00 I had 2 options: 1) to pay for the half of day more, 2) to wait for 6 hrs. They proposed me much more interesting option: to give me a room at 8.00- free of additional charge. It looked like the best choice and I moved to drink coffee and to use their pay internet for 2 hrs.
So at 8.00 they were ready to check in. However they asked me not only for my passport but also for the card which I used for my online booking. In fact I never experienced such a requirements before ( usually you pay on check- out), but maybe this practice is normal for India. I said that I'd prefer to pay by cash. They said that they need cash just as guarantee and the amount they asked for was on 250 USD higher than amount including all taxes for 3 nights. Again I'm not sure that it was normal however they've got the amount they required as a guarantee. Then I didn't have enough time to value the hotel more than just for having sleeping hours there, however it was little surprising for myself when I found that nobody cleaned my room for the last day . I didn't understand why it was so, however I didn't also have a desire to make it clear since I departed the hotel at deep night and needed to use as much time as I can for sleeping. That's why I decided to check out before my last sleeping at the hotel. However some problem has happened again. A guy on the reception desk wasn't ready to accept rupees and felt more preferences to use my guarantee amount in USD and to return me overpaid 250 USD in rupees as well. However after short discussion he agreed to accept rupees instead and I left him to sleep. Definitely the staff of the hotel is not interested to make a guest's life easier, by my opinion. And one more advice: do not use their tour service to visit Agra for example. It is easier and cheaper to order such a tour by pay internet at the hotel than via the service of the hotel. As a whole it was not problematic to stay at the hotel. Just little unusual.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Let me clarify certain points mentioned by you we take passport from the guest on arrival to scan and send it to FRRO office which is an mandatory requirements of Indian Government. The credit card which you used to reserve your room was asked for verification purpose and in case of credit card payment we do take credit card authorisation on arrival to avoid any inconvenience to guest due to problem in credit card at the time of check out.The government in India licences hotels only to accept payment in foreign currency and return change in local currency. Hotels in India are not authorised to exchange foreign currency per se, like a bank or foreign exchange agent's office would. Regarding cleaning of your room I sincerely apologise and we will be more careful in future.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We chose this Hotel based on its Web site and other comments on Trip Advisor. We had two nights there one at the beginning and one at the end of an 8 day tour. Not wishing to be completely negative the good points first. The rooms are a decent size and the bathrooms likewise,well furnished and well maintained. Acceptable facilities, 3 restaurants, swimming pool and bar. Staff excellent and helpful without exception. Now to the problem areas as I see it. On the first night they had a wedding ceremony so access to pool area and outside snacks out of bounds. On the final night exactly the same situation. To be fair these private parties etc are probably a good money spinner but a top hotel would have alternatives to satisfy both.So if you've had a hard day sightseeing and fancy a swim, could be a problem. They ensure the parties are over by 11.00pm so noise inconvenience is controlled. Food is OK a good breakfast buffet with pretty good variety to satisfy most tastes. The Chutney restaurant was also good and we enjoyed an excellent curry there. The bathrooms do have this see-through problem which can be embarrassing. First night we were on 2nd floor and photos to prove that the privacy is not good. The second night we were on the 4th floor and the translucent glass had been replaced and provided total privacy. To sum up an OK hotel for a couple of nights at most but not a Swanky Hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. We are happy to note that you found our hotel rooms & bathrooms of decent size, well furnished and well maintained, staff excellent & helpful,food at chutney restaurant good. Regarding the non availability of swimming pool in the evening due to banquet party at pool area we apologise the inconvenience.We do have rooms with non transparent bathroom walls so will request you to let us know of your preference for your future visit and will take care.

We will look forward to your return visit to our hotel in the near future and will ensure an much better stay experience for you

With Warm regards

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for one night en- route to Agra. Good hotel, clean, location is good. Close to Connaught place. Rooms are spacious. Staff is efficient. Breakfast spread is good.
Only drawback is the shower which has a see through glass but on objection it is covered with a bedsheet.
Overall a good place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

"Good place to Stay " Wow, what a compliment, thank you! We are overjoyed to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and thank you for rating our hotel as good, clean with good location, rooms spacious, breakfast spread good and , staff efficient.

Regarding the see through glass of bathroom wall, we wish to share here that we do have rooms with dark black glasses of bathroom wall also so during your next visit you can tell us of your preference

We at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa,strive to go above and beyond in terms of service and hospiltality and for you to feel compelled to post your experience of this on to Trip Advisor is much appreciated.

We will look forward to welcome you back again

With warmest regards