We just stayed a night as we were transiting through Delhi en route from Agra. I had booked 2 interconnecting rooms for my husband, me and our 2 kids. Check in took 10 minutes, after which we were shown to 2 rooms, both with twin beds. I asked to change to one with a king bed, and was told there wasn't one available. Oh well. As we settled in, we realised the kids' room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. Went back down to reception to ask for a change to a non smoking room (which I had originally requested). Got it after a while, and guess what!? We now had a king bed! Amazing that one became available so quickly!
Service at Zing was terribly slow, though we had told them we were in a hurry and only ordered sandwiches/ wraps. Moving our luggage to the other room was slow too. It's irritating when they say it will take '1 minute' and takes 15. If its going to take 15-20 minutes, say so!
The room was nice. Not big, but ok. Thd toiletries are from their in-house spa and very nice. The rain shower is wonderful. I agree though, with a previous reviewer that the frosted glass wall between the room and bathroom needs to be changed!
The air con was blasting to a freezing temperature. The temp reading said 28 degrees (23 in the kids room) and couldn't be changed. The room was an ice box. We switched the air con off, and kept it off throughout but still only managed to get the room to a comfortable temperature in the morning.
Wifi is charged, and rather exorbitantly so.
The biggest pluses are the restaurants. Didn't try Sakura, but Chutney was amazing (see review).
And the location. My main purpose for stopping over was to shop at the Government state emporia on Baba Kharak Singh marg, and these were just a short 7-10 minute walk away. Keep going and you reach CP.
The metro station is nearby. The airport city check in terminal is currently closed for repair, but is just a 5 minute walk away, so really convenient if you want to take the train to the airport.
Price wise it is cheaper than other Delhi 5 star hotels. But then again, you are probably only getting 4 star worth.
Would I stay again? Probably. Just for the location and price. And now that I know what to expect it will be easier to palate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan-Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met & all its Outlets Sakura, Zing, Chutney Bar + Tandoor Restaurant, NeoVeda Spa have been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2015 by Tripadvisor, Highly Commended Spa Hotel India 2016 & Best Sustainable Hotel India 2016 by International Hotel Awards,Excellence in Hospitality Industry 2016 by International Quality Awards,Powering Global Travel Award 2015 by GTA, Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met's passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi