“Very Disappointing”

Ranked #17 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Florence, Italy
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This hotel seems to over-promise but under-deliver.
Certain unacceptable behavior from the staff members, ruined my whole staying experience.
It’s a shame staff didn't care too much about solving the issues and to satisfy the customer.
Other complications arose with the room charges, as one room was charged three times.
Overall, I would stay at another Hotel. Since its not up to the acceptable standards.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank Traveller187895

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2 days. If you prefer a sleek and a modern design. This hotel is something for you.
The location of the the hotel was good, very close to Canought Place, THE shopping area. The room was luxurious and beautiful, especially in the bathroom you got many kinds bathroom equipments there. such as tooth brushes, shaving foam, toothpaste, etc. It also got a large fitness center, whith a personal trainer. (all included in the price).
Furthermore, breackfast was a wide variety of food and especially continental food, also you had some indian dishes. Breakfast overall quite good.

Bad points were there the rooms were very noisy. You could hear the next door talk, and shout he was drunk, and the music was put on way too loud. We did not sleep all the night we complained about this to the hotelstaff, a few times. Unfortunately, they did not do anything. The next day we again complained, we were fobb offed with they wil be gone today.. This is not a 5 star service.

Moreover, for a 5 star hotel I also found the small pool way to small, You could not even swim from the beginnig to the end,bescause it was small en round. Also leaves were floating in the pool. The swimming pool was very POOR!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on my last night of my 10 days trip to India. The overall experience was acceptable however certain aspects of the hotel failed to meet up my expectation.

The room was good but personally I find it bits too small for the money that I pay. The breakfast was excellent with a good varienty of foods. However the staffs were bits slow where I have to ask them 3x before they came and served me my coffee during the breakfast.

The spa was just ok and not worth it for the amount that they charged. I have to wait for more than 15 minutes to make appointment as there was only one person at the front counter. The bathroom at the spa was quite unpleasant with discolored and dirty floor mats.

I have to book my airport tansfer twice as the staff didn't record my first booking. On the second booking, I was only given the receipt after I asked for it. Despite having booked the airport transfer twice, by the time I just about the leave to the airport the staff claimed that my booking is not in their record and asked me to pay for it again. Only after I showed him my receipt the staff call for the car.

Although I am loyal SPG member, I don't think that I will stay at the same hotel again in Delhi.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed there for three days and time flew. Excellent breakfast and dinner. The dessert statioin in dinner buffet was superb. Room had mood lighting (pink or blue), the bathroom was huge, the room itself was large. Room service was excellent too. They know they are running a five star hotel and it shows in everything. I could have stayed there for a month without complaining.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2011

The hotel is definitely modern and chic, attracting international clientele. The restaurants are good and overall the service is good. The rooms are lackluster. We stayed here on either side of our trip. The second time we stayed here we were upgraded to a Starwood Preferred Guest floor. The room had two twin beds! For a self described four or five star hotel to even have twin beds is a little ridiculous. Paying $300+ for this is outrageous. Also, they charge for the business center, which I also think is ridiculous. The food is safe and pretty good in both The One and Le Belvedere restaurants. It is fairly reasonable priced. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and is very good. We didn't try the Monsoon restaurant. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you get a good deal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
garyville
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This is a hip hotel. It was like walking into the Future. We loved it. It is close to the airport and made it easy for us to make our outbound connections.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 30, 2011

After staying in the Le Meridien in Thailand I was expecting this hotel to be of a similar standard. We were charged $1000 for one night for three people. I paid in cash, they refused to allow phone connection because my credit card would not work. The carpet in the room was wet and food was on the floor. There was also ash everywhere. My mother and friend travelling with me were so angry they refused to lie on the beds. After complaining the next morning the hotel did upgrade us to a presidential suite and apologized. However given our flight was within a few hours nothing could replace our disgust at this hotel. To add insult to injury the staff at the restaurant suggested we paid them cash and they would reduce the cost by 50% provide we did not need a bill.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends