“Nothing was too much”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #17 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We stayed at Le Meridian after visiting Goa and from the moment we landed in Delhi the service was amazing. We were met at the airport and taken to the hotel where we were checked in and shown our room. The room itself was modern and spacious with everything you needed. In the restaurants and bar the staff were 1st class and nothing was too much, they were very attentive and professional. The hotel organised us a guide who with a hotel driver showed us Delhi and it was worth every penny, the safest and best way to see the city. We both did not want to leave and we will definitely return in the future. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,052)

Reviewed March 3, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Le Meridien, New Delhi.
The first time you get off the elevator to go to your room, the view of the large building interior with its dazzling layout of rooms makes you feel like you are at the core of a hallowed skyscraper. The lights and the modern furniture down below look charming.
The rooms have been renovated and are furnished with all commodities. The control panel for the lighting and airconditioning was a novelty for us and we took some time before we figured out how it all works!
Do not miss a drink at the bar on the roof with the interior panorama of the hotel lobby with its lights and modern charm on your way and the view of the Rajpath and the India Gate outside.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I honestly don't know how they manage to maintain a 5 star rating.
The hotel is old and gloomy. Although other reviewers claim it was recently renovated, I did see no sign of that, the furniture is old and so is the lighting, making the public areas dark and gloomy.
The so called club lounge is a joke, breakfast was ok, but the food both in the coffee shop and the restaurant was not up to any international standard.

The SPG desk in the lobby area was unmanaged for my entire stay, and the hotel completely lack a Concierge Desk., they refer to Business Centre instead - who by the way managed to charge me long distance call to try to book a room at another Starwood hotel in India.

The hotel Travel desk arranged a trip to Agra/Taj Mahal for me. In addition to transport by car to/from Agra. this trip also included a guide and lunch and costed almost 300 USD. My complaint is that during the trip the guide took me to 2 shops where they very hard tried to sell me jewelry, carpets, etc. And of cause I got food poisoned by the lunch they served me.

In short, I think the current hotel management is incapable of running a world class hotel. I would never go back there, not even if they offered me free stays.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank gsomby
Reviewed February 20, 2010

THe hotel has changed...last visited it 5 years back and when i visited it 3 months back .. ooooo. it was all renovated and I could easily say it was the best Le Meridien in India and among top 3 hotel in New Delhi. Fantastic Rooms, The renovation and the feel of lobby was so great and rooms were well done and had a great view.

Location is among the best- Close to Janpath and CP and has good clean roads near by and only a 5 minutes walk to the Metro station. The Airport Link would be very close to this Hotel so would be really great.

Service could have been better. Room was not cleaned properly and food at Restaurant was strictly decent. Buffet was well spread. But they can improve the restaurants.

This would continue to remain as my preferred hotel in New Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Le meredian, new delhi is located right in middle of the city, though quite far from either railway station or the airport. The bad thing might be the confusing amount of rooms on a floor.

I loved the meridian and the quality of food they serve and surely recommend it

Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed at Le Meridien New Delhi for 2 nights in February. It is a beautiful luxurious hotel in an excellent location for visiting the city. Our room was lovely, very very comfortable and beautifully furnished. I would highly recomend the hotel and would absolutely stay here again. The spa was fantastic as well.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2010

The hotel is very well located in the heart of Delhi. This hotel can be termed as high end hotel where the choice of the hotel more depends on the show off required during the stay. Very good hotel for the high end clientale and senior management

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)