“Great Business Hotel + bonus in being able to walk somewhere”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #17 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
West Yorkshire, UK
“Great Business Hotel + bonus in being able to walk somewhere”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Stayed on business during a hectic trip. Nice location, actually able to get out and walk somewhere which is unusual for a 5* in India. Pool area disappointing though. Service etc first class

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
mumbai
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed here while renovation or repair works of this property was going on. There was although no problem of noise or visible dirt, but most of the areas of the hotel I visited were all in a cramped and "camp-like" condition. Hence overall dining experience was spoilt.
Printers / Xerox at business center didn't work, hence I was not billed, but I had to go to a road-side Xerox vendor in Delhi on my way to the meeting.
Front-office staff is not at all courtious. Despite the fact that I was a SPG member and that I asked for a good room, I was given a room right in front of barricades made for renovation works. PREFERRED guest could have been given something better keeping in mind the loyalty they represent!
120501264

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank IndianTravelLover
Mumbai
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Location is great for Business travellers. The breakfast spread is excellent and taste is wonderful. Breakfast room gets crowded and is small for the hotel size. New club rooms are fantastic.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ravMumbai
The Hague
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Le Méridien is known for its stylish hotels, and the one in Delhi is not an exception. Service was very good, from the driver who waited for me at the airport with a refreshing towel and a cold drink in the car, to the attendant serving drinks in the Royal Club, all were nice and welcoming people. The lobby is literally awesome, and very hip. Not so for the desk staff, both at check-in and check-out service was peculiarly impersonal. The room was very cool, with mood lighting and a view on the India Gate (as requested at the time of booking). Bathroom amenities are the best I've ever seen, including even band-aids, shaving kits and a toothbrush. I can recommend the spa with some hesitation: the treatment was fabulous, but the staff at the reception was not interested and even made a small error in the booking which, after I discovered it too late, took me ages to get corrected and they were wholly unapologetic for their mistake. Shame. Location is perfect, a comfortable 10-15 minute walk from the India Gate or the amazing Presidential Palace in a very green and quiet neighbourhood of this city of millions. I popped in at the Shangri-La next door for some Indian cuisine (the Meridien's Indian restaurant was being refurbished and I had to have some Indian food!). The Shangri-La is bland and the food... let's just say I've had better Indian food in Africa! In all, I'd very much like to stay at the Meridien again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
mumbai
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I stayed here during one of my business trips. Its a good hotel.

Good rooms. Good food. Especailly the business centre service was very prompt and helpful.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Cheated_in_New_Delhi
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I recently stayed at Le Meridien New Delhi and it was unequivocably the worst experience I have ever had in a 5-star hotel.

1) My account was mishandled by the hotel staff resulting in my being unjustly charged around 100 USD for international phone calls that the hotel requested I make to provide them with an alternate credit card number along with copies of the front and back of the card, because the hotel's payment system was antiquated and the staff claimed that they they could not process the credit card I had previously provided them upon check-in without taking copies of the front and back of the card (a highly unsual and suspect practice, which made me even more wary as my wallet had been stolen I suspect either in or around the hotel), and this was despite the fact that the hotel had put a 250 USD hold on my card and the card was otherwise perfectly usable.

2) Prior to charging the new card number, the hotel did not present me with my folio or any breakdown of charges or even provide me with the total balance. Once the staff received the faxed copy of the front and back of the new card, they proceeded to charge the card without my verification of the total charges. When I requested my folio at the front desk upon check out, I was presented with the credit card receipt showing the amount the staff had charged the new card, and I was told after my request to see my bill, that is was "too late", that the card had already been charged- a fait d'accompli.

I tried to dispute the charges while still at the hotel, but the staff were uncooperative in escalating the dispute to their superiors, and after numerous phone calls and emails, I still have not been credited back the aformentioned charges.

3) On a more minor note, the property I also did not feel was up to 5 star standard. More specifically, despite having negotiated an equivalent price at the Oberoi and the Taj Mahal (I had previously stayed within the Taj group during my stay in India), I chose Le Meridien for my final night in India to experience a more "modern" 5 star hotel in the country. However, upon check-in, front desk staff failed to inform me of two important facts, that the deluxe room they gave me failed to feature a bathtub, which I would have expected in a five star property, and that the all day dining establishment was undergoing construction which caused alot of noise as it is located in the courtyard in the middle of the property around which all the rooms are situated.

I would warn any potential guests from Le Meridien New Delhi, as I feel that management are not quite above board in their practices.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
5 Thank Cheated_in_New_Delhi
india
Reviewed May 5, 2009

superb hotel
lovely lobby..
beautiful rooms with lights in the mirror..
classy coffee shop..
superb

• Liked — beautiful lobby /rooms etc
  • Disliked — not applicable
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business