Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was fantastic and made our stay in Delhi a much more pleasant experience than the hotel we had previously stayed at in the city. Check in was smooth and the room was gorgeous- wonderful decor and a lovely bathroom. The staff were very helpful and the vibes in the hotel were buzzing. Great central location near Connaught Place and easy to get around from here. Would definitely return- only downside is there is no complimentary wi-fi!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,975)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

LOVE this hotel! Whenever I come for business or as a tourist stay there. The location, the service, the helpfulnes of the Staff is just unbeatable.Whenever you need something (even that would not be their task) they help right away. Rooms are super clean and nice. Colorchanging bedwall is just unique. Gym, restaurants, bars and spa are all great. Internet is wifi, and compare to other hotels i India is good, could use Skype and Viber easily.
Would never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
meenabhatia, Vice President - Operatiopns & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your stay at our hotel, so delighted to read the review that you share on Trip advisor.

Our entire team is grateful to you for your kind words of appreciation, it is really encouraging and will drive us to offer even more enhanced guest experiences in future. We are glad that you liked the contemporary features of the rooms, especially the mood light bedside panel.

We hope that you will continue to experience and enjoy Le Meridien’s new discoveries.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Good central location.

Very efficient check-in. Nice treatment of SPG members.

Very good and clean rooms.

Nice fitness club.

Internet is charged (and you need the fastest connection if you need to do some business involving file downloads).

We tried 2 of 3 restaurants. The Chinese offers very attentative service. The food was not bad but not inspiring either. We found it very expensive. The main restaurant in the lobby offers reasonable quality food for less expensive prices (but you do not have very many other options around anyway ...). They are indeed very strict with breakfast time (at 10am all food is removed from the buffet table withinin seconds) and they like cleaning during main meal times. But the pizzas were nice and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. Travelling as a pair of adults only, it was perfect. Location was good.checkin was easy and the service from the bellboy was delightful! Our room was fantastic and modern, clean and regularly topped up with bathroom requirements. The breakfast was included and had plenty of choice. A huge place but well manAnged in my opinion

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridian,Delhi last Sunday,when I attended a meeting there.
The drive from airport to the hotel is through some of the best green parts and architecture of Delhi.
I reached the hotel in the late afternoon.
The lobby is spacious and well decorated.The staff are very courteous.The checkin was very efficient.
The lift has a nice view of the layout of the floors and the central area that is colorfully light.
The rooms are very cosy and the beds comfortable.The bat is well equipped and easy to use.
The meeting hall had good audiovisual system.
The buffet dinner for the meeting had a good variety and taste.
The breakfast spread was also good and nutritious.
The response of the staff to my needs was indeed very quick and efficient.I enjoyed my stay here.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here for two nights before flying out of India. Everything about the place was ridiculously overpriced from the internet access to the dining to the salon to the spa - I could go on. The service was fine but nothing special. The room itself had a nice view of India Gate but other than that, the room itself was nothing special either. In fact, I found the interior a bit shabby as in worn around the edges. Not quite what one would expect for the price. I also really dislike the smell of cigarette smoke and it is present in the halls of the hotel and a little even in the rooms. The breakfast buffet had a lot of variety and was plentiful but in terms of food quality, was nothing to write home about. Of course, the location is very good for sightseeing but not so good if you want to go out and see young Delhi. I stayed near Hauz Khas on an earlier trip and much preferred that area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GlamNomad
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your last two nights of your visit to India. Thank you too for sharing your suggestions and feedback in this review.

We truly appreciate and respect your opinion, in particular that you may have found the prices on the higher side. We are glad that you liked the view of India Gate, the central part of the beautiful Lutyens Delhi, where our hotel is located.

We regret that the Buffet Breakfast, even though as you mention, has an elaborate spread, was not truly enriching.

We remain committed in our efforts to offer a truly inspiring experience to our guests, your suggestions and comments will drive us further.

Vice President
Operations & Marketing

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a hotel with nice and modern internal decor. You can tell from the point of entry that this hotel targets mainly business travelers. They have several "meeting rooms" right at the lobby for use.

Checking in and out were generally smooth. However, I was kinda pissed when my card key was deactivated during the last two nights in a row. I was annoyed on one night when I went down to get my keys replaced, went up to find that it was still not working and had to wait for another set to be delivered.

Room was comfortable generally, though the toilet was a little cramp. Toiletries were plenty but I did not dare use the shower cream and shampoo as the bottles looked old and definitely "recycled". I am ok with recycling, don't be mistaken, but at least the bottles should be kept in better condition. The caps were cracked and bottles felt "oily".

Housekeeping was generally ok, though I had hope that they did not remove my key after completing their task. There was a good reason why I prefer keeping my room "ON" and further, the team should not be removing my key without informing me.

Room service was alright, not too bad. Requests for more bottled drinks were met promptly.

Breakfast at the one-cafe was alright, though I must comment that the variety was disappointing. Every morning, my breakfast was standard - Mushroom, some rice, grilled tomatoes, chunks of fried potatoes, one chocolate donut, fruits. Basically that's it. Imagine eating the same food for breakfast throughout 6 days! Food quality was ok but seriously, the lack of variety needs to be addressed. I only got to try some steam fish on my last day of stay.

I had settled my lunch and dinner in shopping malls instead as the prices are somewhat pricey in my opinion.

Staff serving in the restaurant were helpful and friendly. One suggestion though, please do replenish the utensils of customers if you intend to clear it along with the plates. It is a buffet breakfast, and your customers will be going for more than one serving.

Valet staff at the car porch was very efficient and helpful.

There was an evening when one of the rooms on my level had a gathering. Apparently, these people were smoking in the room when the level is strictly for non smoking. The guests left the room opened and you could evidently smell their cigars at that level.

Gym was ok, the staff requires you to sign an indemnity form everytime you visit the gym (which I feel was a waste of paper). The gym is huge though and generally well equipped.

Overall, the stay was alright and acceptable. I would consider coming back to this hotel again in the near future, but hopefully the breakfast variety would improve.

1  Thank HoteLExpat
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations and Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Le Meridien New Delhi and for sharing your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay, in particular fitness facilities.

We value your feedback, specially your suggestions and certain concerns, these are indeed relevant and help us in our constant endeavour to enhance our guest experience. We assure you of our attention and of course the necessary remedial actions.

Thank you for your special mention and appreciation about the Valet service, we will certainly share this with them.

Once again, thank you for your detailed inputs. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to offer you a more enriching service next time.

Vice President