“Service & Food”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to The hotel yesterday to attent a dinner at one of its banquets,The food was average,snacks were served cold throughout the evening.
I was having food,i asked for the Bowl for the dal to almost 04 to 05 stewards,but to my surprise i standed near the buffet counter for almost for 20 minutes but it never came,ieven heard one steward saying to another (casual) leave it he will take it in plate.
i being a hotelier was very much disappointed to hear such thing.
The hotel is very beautiful & well maintained.Cleaning is exceptionally well,Doorman & Valets are brilliant.Security is very much attentive & doing there job brilliantly.
I enquired about few things from duty manager(Lady)she was very polite & responded to all the quries .I went to restuarant & bar & waited for some time so that some one could assist me ,but to my surprise nobody even greeted & asked for what i was looking.
In short excellent hotel & facilities but staff need lot of traing as i could find few staff in F&B services looked little older may be they are working there for many years & have become little careless.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AjayHotelier
meenabhatia, Vice President- Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for leaving your detailed review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased that you found our hotel’s amenities and service to your expectations and sincerely regret that your experience during the banquet was less than perfect.

Your feedback has been noted with great concern and we are assure you that this incident has our immediate attention. We also hope that this one off event will not deter your otherwise favourable opinion of our hotel, trust you will return to Le Méridien New Delhi in future for a truly enriching experience.

We will love to welcome you again and assure you of an enhanced service experience

Best Regards
Vice President- Operations & Marketing

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien New Delhi

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here again.This is very well maintained hotel.An excellent & spacious Lobby.gives a first ever lasting good impression.Well dressed staff behave very decently.There appears to be lot of improvement in all department.Now a days ,it is well sought out hotel by large number of groups.Good Location.Hotel with an excellent infrastructural facilities.Restaurants offer a variety of domestic and intercontinental cuisine.Ambience ,decor and cleanliness of room are appreciated.Room service is prompt.Bell service can easily be improved to serve very fast.Express service may be introduced by bell service.I expected an additional service or preference as Starwood Preferred Guest.But I didnot feel such a special preference.That does not make me to change my positive view on Hotel.Check in process should be improved.It was very slow.Chckout process was not so efficient as I expected.I prefer to stay again for safe,secure and cleanliness

Room Tip: Experience higher floor which I never enjoyed
5  Thank Bhima2013
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Le Meridien New Delhi is a large, modern hotel within walking distance of India Gate. The rooms were comfortable and the food in the lobby restaurant was very good. We arrived in Delhi after an overnight flight and were happy that we could check in immediately. The shower was very nice, and the hotel provided complimentary bottled water. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive to Old Delhi, but very close to Connaught Place and the train station.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lindsay R
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Le Meridien New Delhi was fantastic. A Starwood Preferred Guest I had a SPG room on one of the upper floors with beautiful views, large workspace and living space, amazing bathroom. I just loved the style of the hotel and interior features and decor. The attention to detail extended to the greeting on arrival with vermilion on the forehead etc. Everything about this hotel was beautiful including the staff uniforms.

Mainly eating outside the hotel other than breakfast I did find time to relax at the end of the day with a cocktail in Henri's bar at rooftop level. I would have liked to stay longer...

Room Tip: SPG is the way to go!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AEM1980

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and are delighted to note that you found the service and the ambience, specially the view from the rooms inspiring and enjoyable.

Our team is really thrilled to read your review, certainly will encourage them to serve our guests even better in future.

Thank you once again,we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.

Best regards

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My 15th floor room was clean and comfortable with all the amenities you need: plenty of storage, a small desk, and a modern well-equipped bathroom (shower only, no bath). The mattress was firm, but that's what I like, so no complaints there. The overall look is modern and minimalist - pale wood floors and walls. Cool if you like that kind of look, bland if you don't. You could be anywhere - there's certainly no distinctively Indian look to the hotel that I could see.

Breakfast buffet was good -plenty of choices. Service throughout was efficient and professional.

3  Thank MJMH
meenabhatia, Vice President- operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our rooms, our overall design and style ,ambience as well as our service delivery.

Our associates are truly encouraged by your appreciation and it will certainly drive our team to to offer similar and more enhanced service experiences to our guests.

Your acknowledgment of our efforts to offer to our guests a truly enriching experience is really appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel

Best regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Its the best hotel in best price, their food quality is also very good and their staff are also very friendly and familiar. its a best place to spend your lovely moments like honeymoon and business meetings also. i recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. and for sharing your review on tripadvisor.

We are truly delighted to receive your kind words of appreciation , glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

Our team is really happy to recieve such a wonderfull review, it will surely motivate them to offer similar and more enhanced experiences to our guests in future.

We look forward to having you at our hotel again.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've stayed at this property for four years in a row on my annual trips to Delhi, and I must admit that it has gone from one of my favorite hotels to one of the saddest. I traveled with a small group, and heard the same things over and over--none of the outlets work, the tap water is brown, maintenance has been deferred, and the staff are stiff and uncaring.

We held meetings in the ballrooms, and had a serious problem with the wiring--the lights went out at least six times in the course of two hours. There was a seried of at least a dozen power strips strung together sequentially--I'm pretty sure that's not how they were designed to be safely used. I was happy to get out without anything igniting.

With that said, the hotel is still quite impressive, the location is good, the art was great--for its time. The Tom and Jerry Cartoons played in the elevator areas have been on a short continuous loop since at least 2009--seems like at least the artist who created the installation would want to update that. As devoted as I am to Starwood properties, I think I'll pass next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations and Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your frequent and recent stay at our Hotel and the review shared on Trip advisor

We thank you for sharing your feedback and viewpoints. We regret your experience and assure you that this will be attended to immediately

.As you are aware, post our renovations, our hotel showcases contemporary design and style. This, together with an efficient and prompt service delivery, ensures that our guests have an inspiring and enriching experience. We regret that your stay this time, was not quite what we strive to deliver and we will ensure that is remedied immediately.

We are glad that you will return and we hope that on future occasions you will feel the difference.

Best Regards