“Sleepless night and not child friendly”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #11 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Oxford Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2007

needed an extra night in delhi and the Hyatt staff booked me in here

Great result - stayed on the refurbed 4 th Floor -

The Bakhara restaurant is in the top 35 restaurants in the world - and superb

the tandoor lamb is fantastic -

Great room - nice environment - staff very helpful -
would go back !

• Liked — excellent space
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Kski
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

I cannot relate to the reviews on this site saying the staff is not helpful! I found them to be just the opposite!

We got into a bit of a pickle, as we were riding in a taxi to the hotel for our last night in India and realized that our passports were no longer in our possession. We were supposed to be leaving about 26 hours from that time, so needless to say, we were a bit panicked.

The staff at the Maurya Sheraton were so incredibly helpful to us in our little crisis. The head of security at the hotel phoned his friend in the police department and he told us to go upstairs to our room and rest while he took on the burden himself of going over to the station with our written & signed statements to get us the necessary police report to get the police report that would require us to get the exit visa at the Indian Tourism Bureau the following day. (Oh yeah! Not only are the passports themselves gone, but also the little stamp inside them that we must have in order to get OUT of the country!!)

They went so above and beyond for us, advising us on the steps necessary to get our act together--1st, going to the US Embassy and then to the Indian Tourism Bureau......and we actually got it all taken care of and made it to the airport and onto our flight with our emergency 1-year passport and the exit visa stamp. Whew!

I don't know what we would have done if the staff at the Maurya Sheraton hadn't been so helpful to us. Plus, we spent quite a while lounging around the lobby and it was very pretty with murals that remind me of Orozco or Diego Rivera in the lobby. The room was plush and comfortable. Overall, we highly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — friendly service, beautiful hotel
  • Disliked — would've been the cost but we used starwood points
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lou S
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

What a phenomenal hotel. I've traveled all over the world and rarely encountered such a great hotel experience. I had a room in the towers section that was beyond luxurious. The hotel staff was incomparable in terms of friendliness, efficiency and knowledge. The club lounge was spacious, beautifully decorated and had very attentive service. The buffet breakfast was sumptuous and enough to keep me going the entire day. The hotel fitness center was one of the best I've encountered. If you're going to Delhi, you won't be disappointed in the least by this wonderful hotel. And the mural in the lobby ceiling is just fantastic (not to mention the quality of the goods in the hotel shops). The hotel is close to the airport and not more than 15 minutes by auto rickshaw from the center of town and the railway station (convenient if you're taking a day trip to Agra).

• Liked — Nothing to Complain about.
  • Disliked — Nothing to Comlpain about!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank JAY G
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2007

I was on business w/ friend; he has very expensive tastes. So i sort of had to stay here

After tax, my 1 night was $500. Ouch. Great room, nice interior, outside is sort of ugly, but who cares.

Free breakfast (omlette...maybe best i've ever had)

Only complaint is the $15 internet fee; miserly when you pay that much to get nickle and dimed. Plus my broke down (and i'm a computer guy)

Otherwise, I'd never pay this much money, except i will note that after you see a parade of beggars and people living in the dirt, you don't mind spending money you have to sleep nicely.

as ps, the nearby and related Le Meridian was about $80 cheaper. Just as good.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Daugman
TEXAS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2007

I booked this hotel on their website and stayed for 8 days in Jan. 07. The booking process was not without glitches ,probably because of the fact that I got a room in the Sheraton Tower, located in an annexe of the main Maurya hotel.At $450 a night,it was the most expensive hotel I had ever stayed in.I was desperate to get a room in a hotel in south Delhi and I had very little choice because of the lack of availability of more moderately priced hotels.Also, I had booked the hotel at the last moment(big mistake). Check in was smooth and I was led to a spacious business class room.The big negative about the room was that it was fairly noisy because of ? construction work which seemes to go thru the night.I made a couple of complaints to o avail.However, I was provided with ear plugs,which helped a bit.Also included in the price was a full breakfast at the tower club of the hotel.The breakfast spread was excllent, and I could also order an Indian breakfast,which was also excellent. I also had a meal at the famous Dum Pukht restaurant.On the basis of that experience,I would call it the most overpriced and overrated restaurant in the world.I spent $50 on a meal which I could have had at KFC for $5. On the whole my stay was OK.Most people would rate this hotel a notch or two below the top 5 star hotels inDelhi i.e Taj Mansingh road,Oberoi Mathura road and the Imperial.Would I stay there again?Iwould probably avoid it as it is just not good value for money.5 star hotels in Delhi are taking advantage of the room shortage during peak season.To repeat my earlier advise"BOOK EARLY FOR A HOTEL ROOM IN DELHI."

Stayed January 2007
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2007

I had the pleasure of staying five nights through the New Year 2007. What can I say, the hotel is wonderful, truly a 5 Star hotel. As mentioned by someone earlier, the hotel has three separate divisions, the regular rooms, Tower rooms and the ITC One rooms. I had the opportunity to spend one night in the Towers and the rest in the ITC One rooms. If you can afford it ,ITC one is the way to go, but the Towers rooms were quite excellent also. The furnishings and fixtures are all that you expect from a five star hotel. I used SPG 50% off certificates (makes a big difference on a 5 night stay). Full buffet breakfast is also included, and if you are in the ITC One rooms, you can enjoy it in your room. too. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make us feel like royalty. Gautam at the Golf lounge and Arun at the Upper Crust (ITC One private lounge) were like my best friends, always attentive to my needs but unobtrusive at the same time. Because I had five nights, I could enjoy all of their restaurants (bit pricey) but definitely worth it. Bukhara is just superb. Arun would take care of all of my dinner reservations while I am enjoying complimentary evening appetizers and premium cocktails from 6-8 pm. The Spa/massage was wonderful too, $25 for 1 hour session, wow! This is truly a beautiful hotel and I would definitely stay here every time I am in Delhi.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Bit costly
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family