“GREAT service”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference and I must say the service, staff, amenities, dining options were amazing!

I had arrived without my luggage as my airline had lost it. The hotel staff worked tirelessly over the next two days to ensure I got my luggage back. The service that they provided was outstanding.

Highly recommended hotel for any occassion if you visit New Delhi.

Room Tip: Get one with the massage chair. You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, Resident Manager - ITC Maurya at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Deat Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay at ITC Maurya and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Resident Manager - ITC Maurya

Write a ReviewReviews (2,724)

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Ideally located for a business traveller. Excellent rooms offering great comfort. Very professional staff. Check in and check out were handled in less than two minutes without any waiting. Dinner at Bhukara was an experience as usual.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors with pool view are very good

Deat Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay at ITC Maurya and enjoyed dining at Bukhara.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed for one day and one night at the ITC Maurya in New Delhi. Its proximity to the airport is the best part if you are planing to wrap up a meeting by 6pm and head out to the airport for a 8pm flight.

Hotel has tight security at the entrance but I was taken a back with the frisking, they actually touch your pockets. I haven't seen a single 5 star front door security that frisks guests by touching pockets.

The hotel lobby is very pleasing and the staff is warm friendly and very courteous. I rate the staff an A+. The rooms were very disappointing. Small, cramped and not value for the money I paid (INR 11K with taxes per day). The furniture in the rooms were ancient and the decor was a drab. View from the rooms are not at all pleasing. The room showed signs of ageing and lack of maintenance. Polish worn out on desks, bathroom having fit and finish issues. Room was clean and so was the bed. Housekeeping was good as well.

The room numbers are confusing and have a 4 digit numbering scheme. I stayed in Room 16XX and its called the 16th floor but actually you are only 5 floor above ground. Similarly the executive lounge is on 28th floor and you cant find the relation either because its in another tower, but the staff knows it all. For a common person trying to navigate by themselves this hotel is confusing and the signage in the lobby's are not helpful either (in fact there are none).

The hotel has good but limited retail options in house and I was fortunate enough to find formal clothing for my meeting the next day at the Wills Lifestyle store (airline lost my luggage).

All the restaurants serve excellent food, Bukhara is fantastic and will set you back $65+ per pax with out drinks. Its popular and you definitely need to make reservations any day of the week. They have a limited menu but food worth raving about, no wonder they are one of 50 top restaurants in Asia.

The Pavilion (coffee shop & diner) was OK and didn't really have a great breakfast spread other than the regular Indo-continental stuff. The staff at the Pavilion need to hear out the customers more carefully. I asked for a steak with fries instead I got mashed potatoes. The tenderloin I ordered medium wasn't pink in the center and was flaky on the outside and placed on top of the potato mash, it was too lemony with a bunch of diced & boiled vegetables on the side -- never seen such lousy presentation in my life. Didn't send it back because I was running late for a meeting. Later that night at dinner, we had to remind the waiter three times for our order which was straight forward and simple - a plate of paneer tikka took 30 mins to arrive.

We used the meeting rooms on the 28th floor and the room reminds you of the 80's. Outdated and uncomfortable carved wood chairs, outdated electronic whiteboard which cant print, over priced projector (INR 4000 for 3 hours), No LCD panel, no secretarial services.

The F&B staff are amazing at the executive lounge are friendly and warm and provide great service. Refreshments were served very promptly when requested. The executive lounge has happy ours every day. Again decor is a drab, the lounge chairs are very un-comfortable and the pillars in the middle of the lounge make it look very crowded. You are better off visiting a pub out in the city than spending time in that lounge. However the lounge at the entrance of tower 2 is spacious with chairs and couches well separated. However doesn't offer any thing other than coffee / tea / cold drinks, cookies and muffins.

In room dining is expensive - a club sandwich will set you back INR 1200 + taxes ($22+) which is really over priced, a regular scotch (30ml) from the refrigerator is INR 900 plus taxes ($19+). They claim to be a luxury hotel but the decor of the rooms, space and quality of things kept inside was nothing more than a regular business hotel. I could not find the luxury element they boast about. Because its an ITC hotel all toiletries are of the ITC Wills and nothing out of the ordinary - I have stayed in cheaper business hotels offering Body shop or equivalent stuff. Even the in restaurant dining is a tad higher than the competition with no element of wow. Check in and Check out was a breeze and once again the front office staff is very efficient.

The prime reason why I rate this hotel low is because of two reasons - (1) Offerings and options at the hotel are kind of mismatched - where the staff is excellent the amenities are a drab (2) Pricing on F & B (way higher than others in the league) and the non existence of the so called ITC luxury element.

Room Tip: No tips. The hotel looks like a drab from the outside and the view from rooms is equally bad. I gue...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very valuable insights. We have taken these into account and have discussed the same with the concerned deparments at the hotel.

May we also request you to share your contact details with us, so we may get in touch with you to further understand your concerns.

We do hope overall experience at ITC Maurya was good & that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I never visited such a wonderful hotel in my life everythink is excellent, wonderful breakfast and dinner , only concern is the bath area is too small.
They will provide you whatever you want
Value for money

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy your enjoyed your 'Mauryan' experience and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was made to wait 20 minutes before an attendant asked me for my room requirements. Apart from the initial delay, the stay at the hotel was good. I would like to talk to the General Manager of the hotel regarding some qualms I experienced during my stay, as I plan on coming again later next week..
Thank You.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for the inconvinience caused due to the delay in your check-in.

Could we request you to share your contact details with us, and we will get in touch with you to understand your concerns.

We look forward to your next stay with us and assure you of our best service

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I arranged a dinner for a very close friend in New Delhi. Being from London I rang the hotel and the following people:

Nitika and Jatin

Showed a lot of effort and excelency in the service!

This was a suprise dinner for my friend, and they made it so special!

Hearing from my friends, they mentioned how Ankit was looking after them at the table and he also showed fabulous service skills!

I had to make sure they tipped them high!

Thank you for all your help and the service ITC Maurya. Whenever i come to Delhi next, i will definitely come and visit you!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for so much for sharing your wonderful review about ITC Maurya. We are most pleased and grateful to read your delightful appreciation for our service and our associates, and have shared your comments with them.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had been to this hotel for many times and totally experienced true hospitality in all respect. Good locality, super food, friendly staff, good value for money, true reward scheme, upgrades on arrival with out any fuss. Totally satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank eskay2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful feedback for ITC Maurya. We are pleased to hear your wonderful appreciation for our hotel location, service and restaurants.

It is a pleasure to have loyal guests such as yourseleves, and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.