“Phenomenal in every way”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, I guess its never too late.

My family and I stayed at the ITC Maurya (Delhi) in January 2013, with the sole purpose of shopping!. After a hard day at work (trawling the streets of Delhi) it was a complete blessing and delight to return to the comfort of the Maurya. A fantastic hotel with superior facilities and the best of all the property’s true asset; their phenomenal staff. The staff are warm, hospitable, attentive and just couldn’t do enough for us. Highlights include:

Breakfast at the Coffee Shop: The very attentive Gautam ensured all our needs were met during breakfast and even extending the kindness to accommodate the needs of my sister who was slightly ill for a few days. Nothing was too much.

Bar/Lounge: We loved the happy hour after a hard day at work! Sandeep always took such good care of us paying special attention to our likes/dislikes and preparing some delightful cocktails. Service with a smile, always

Dumpukht and Bukara: Phenomenal dining experience! The restaurants definitely live up to their name. We enjoyed some delightful and exquisite food topped with great hospitality by all the staff. I would recommend this place to all gourmand’s! I would like to specifically mention the restaurant manager Karanbir, his passion and zeal for what he does truly emanates. You can actually visualize and taste the food while he explains it! An extremely attentive individual demonstrating great hospitality and making our experience unforgettable.

Accommodation: Our room 1622 , spacious, airy, well decorated, fully equipped with all essentials and more. I am well travelled and I must say it is one of the best rooms I have stayed in.

In all honestly I really have nothing negative to say. Highly recommended for a comfortable stay, great food, service with a smile, comfort and celebrity spotting!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shipra s
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking out time to write such a wonderful, detailed review on your experience at ITC Maurya.

We are truly grateful for your delightful comments and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation, restaurants and warm service at our hotel. Your compliments for our team have also been shared with them and they are most pleased to hear the same.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager - ITC Maurya

Write a ReviewReviews (2,783)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Was in Dehli recently for some business meetings and had the pleasure to stay at ITC Mauraya for a week. Must say the new upgraded ITC ONE wing was exceptional with its well appointed fixtures and wonderful decor. The dining experiences at Dum Phukt and West View were incredible.Most impressive is the staff with attention to detail and customer service their mantra

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thinkeer

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your wonderful comments for ITC Maurya and are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us in our new, enhanced ITC One.

At our hotel, we strive to provide the best of our services at all times to ensure a warm and memorable stay. Your compliments for our team have been shared with them and they are also delighted to hear the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had the chance to stay in this fine hotel during a recent trip to Delhi. A fabulous place, immaculately turned out staff falling over themselves to be helpful. Plenty of eating options in house, all of an excellent standard. A very p,easing place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TheFatNo8
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was at ITC Maurya for 3 nights for business during June 2013. Having stayed at ITC properties previously in Mumbai and Bangalore, the Maurya was a bit of a letdown. The 70s style concrete bunker facade when you arrive definitely lacks the air of opulence of say the ITC Maratha in Mumbai. However, it was the service inside that was surprising on the negative side. There was no door greeter on arrival, things seemed chaotic at the checkin desk, and the person who checked us in was brand-new and unfamiliar with the systems. They had to repeatedly get assistance from another member of staff and it took a long time to check in.

Once in the room, things continued to be not that impressive. The room was by far the smallest of my two week stay in India and also the most expensive. Annoyingly, the TV turns on every time you enter the room, set to play ITC marketing material. If you enter the room a lot, this becomes a real annoyance. This is a general ITC gripe though, not just Maurya.

The bed was comfortable, the shower was good and the room was reasonably appointed although very small. We ate at the chinese restaurant on the roof one evening, which was quite tasty and with excellent service. We also at ate the famous Bhukara, which while very good, didn't maybe live up to the hype. We found the Peshawri in Mumbai that we ate at several days earlier (sister restaurant, same concept) to be better. The portions of naan at Bhukara were small, the Paratha Pudina was a bit burnt ... and the leg of lamb while amazing was not quite as good as I enjoyed previously. The service as always was very good.

Overall, this hotel was mediocre at best in terms of experience.

Room Tip: rooms at the back have a view of a bunch of unsightly satellite dishes. ask for one at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable and detailed review for ITC Maurya. While we are happy to hear your appreciation for the service at our restaurants, we are concerned to hear that your overall experience with us was not upto your expectations.

We apologise for the incovenience caused and request you to consider this an aberation not reflective of our usual standards of service. We also request you to kindly share your contact details so we can get in touch with you and understand your concerns in detail.

We do hope you stay with us again and sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. the service was outstanding and exceptional and the client relations employee, Karichma was more than helpful, knowing it was my first trip to India. She was extremely helpful in terms if advice where to go what to eat, from where to buy Indian attires for the Indian wedding I had, everything! basically, she cared so much to make my stay in as pleasant as possible, not only in the hotel but in the country as a whole. I will definitely stay in this hotel again in my net trip to India.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback for ITC Maurya and we are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us.

Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best of our services at all times to ensure a warm and memorable stay. Your compliments for our team have been shared with them and they are also delighted to hear the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

One of the facts that makes a place somewhere you like to return is the indefinable quality "ambience". I immediately felt welcomed , helped by the warm greeting as we arrived.

Pavillion - Casual environment, good food, excellent service place is worth dinning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your delightful comments for The Pavilion, ITC Maurya and are pleased to know that you had a great experience with us.

Since you enjoy dining here, may we recommend you to try the "Grand Mauryan Brunch" which is offered every Sunday and allows you to dine at The Pavilion, West View & My Humble House at one price.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a relatively quick ride from the airport (~20 min). Somehow my travel agent didn't pass along my flight details to the hotel to arrange for my airport pickup but the hotel staff at the airport handled this very quickly and arranged a car for me. As soon as I began checking in at the hotel a manager came to apologize for the confusion even though it didn't seem to be their fault. They put me on the EVA (Ladies only) floor which I very much appreciated as a woman traveling alone. The room was very clean and comfortable. Every staff I came into contact with was nice & helpful. I was only there for a night so did not get a chance to check out many facilities. The buffet breast fast was ample with something for all tastes. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review for ITC Maurya and we are most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At our hotel, we value our guests and strive to provide the best of our services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

We thank you once again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.