“ITC Maurya - New Delhi”

Ranked #13 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Indianapolis, Indiana
“ITC Maurya - New Delhi”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is outstanding. Employees are everywhere to help you, with whatever you need. Not every employee knows your name but they care about you. This starts with meeting you at the front door, reception, elevator, check out, dining, spa, wherever. Wayne-FX.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at ITC Maurya and thank you for your great feedback for our service. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

General Manager - ITC Maurya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at the ITC Maurya a few times during business trips to Delhi. My company books us into either "The Towers or the "Luxury Suite". I can say that having stayed in various hotels around the world, this hotel is definitely one of my favourite! The service is outstanding; the staff is friendly and have always gone out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Two issues I have had with this hotel:

1) My relatives from Punjab came to visit me one evening and were not allowed in the hotel because they were not "dressed appropriately". They were wearing a traditional Indian Kurta with slippers. I did not raise a complaint because I was on my way out to the airport at the time.

2) While trying to dine at the Bukhara restaurant one evening, I was standing right in front of the entrance attempting to be seated. Instead, foreigners (who were standing behind me) were waved passed me and I was completely ignored for 10 minutes! I confronted the manager about this and his response was, "we thought you were just waiting for someone".

Other than that, the hotel still exceeds my standards. I would definitely stay here again, but not on my own expense, it can be a very costly.

Room Tip: The Towers, very quiet and luxurious.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bobby S
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and your appreciation for our hotel and service. At ITC Maurya, we value our guests and strive to provide the best of our services at all times.
We have viewed your comments with concern and while we apologize for the inconvenience caused, we request you to consider this an aberration not reflective of our usual standards of service. May we also request you to kindly share your contact details as we would like to get in touch with you.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Maurya.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Following a long and delayed BA flight from LHR, we arrived at the hotel very early not really expecting to get our room until much later. On arrival at the hotel we were immediately pleased and surprised to see the level of high security. On check in we were firstly informed that we had been upgraded to a higher category Towers room and that we needed to go to a dedicated check in desk. Then, due to the room we had been upgraded to not being available, we were upgraded again to a Pure Suite!!!! Pure luxury.

The hotel was excellent in every way and the staff were exceptional. During our two night stay we ate at Bukhara twice and it was the best Indian meal we have ever had - unbelievably good and a fantastic experience.

This hotel has spoiled us for other hotels now but we are looking forward to staying at the ITC in Agra in a few days' time.

I would not hesitate to recommend this excellent hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know you had a pleasant stay at ITC Maurya. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent our wedding night here (as the venue of our wedding was really close-by).

We were offered late check out at 4pm when we requested if it could be at 2pm - awesome! We were truly happy with the service, great room with a view over the pool and brakfast buffet as it should be for a hotel of this standard.

Really good stay made even better by the attentive staff!

The only downside is that we wanted to use the Spa but apparently was booked for pretty much the whole day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at ITC Maurya and thank you for your wonderful feedback. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.
The Kaya Kalp Spa is really popular with our guests and we highly recommend advance bookings. We do hope you get a chance to experience the spa on your next stay with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

India
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The lobby wasnt as big as some of the other hotels, but this hotel is in the heart of power. Stayed here for 2 nights and the service was brilliant. The rooms were great and the pool was cool. I was in the Towers room which was spacious with some happy drinking hours thrown in.

You have to try the Dal at the "Bukhara" restaurant to believe it. Its so tasty!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 25, 2013

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 23, 2013

ITC Maurya is an excellent luxury hotel in Delhi. It's located near the Daula Kuan metro station in Chanikyapuri diplomatic area., a 15-20 minutes drive from Indira Gandhi Interntional Airport. The hotel has several lounge bars & restaurants serving different cuisines. The breakfast spread is very nice, the Sunday brunch is simply awesome. Another speciality of this hotel are the many privateish lounges in different sections, some have a nice collection of books. The rooms have ethnicish ageing wooden furnishings, the 'towers' section is more modern. The lobby and corridor are tastefully decorated with nice artwork and paintings.

Room Tip: Choose the Towers.
3 Thank Horizonseaker

Kochi
Reviewed March 22, 2013

To stay in a hotel where the likes of President Bill Clinton and Barak Obama have stayed, to my mind meant staying in a hotel where there was no room for anything to be found wanting. Having checked out of ITC Gardenia and having checked into ITC Maurya on the same day,I could not help comparing the two hotels.

In terms of distance from the Delhi airport, I must admit getting to the Maurya is surely easier than getting to Gardenia. Check in procedure took nearly the same amount of time however, the filigree scarf presented upon checking in at Bengaluru was clearly missing in Delhi. The pretty woman who escorted me to my room in the Gardenia was also missing when I checked into the Maurya. The rooms looked their age and smaller unlike the fresher and larger room I had to myself in Bengaluru.

There is motion sensor in the bathroom which automatically turns off the lights after a pre-defined time. However, this could mean that if you were to sit a tad longer on the John reading a newspaper, most of the lights would go off. One would then have to wave frantically like a man marooned on an island to get the motion sensors to turn the lights back on.

With respect to the bathroom door too, I noticed there was a gap wide enough to see the man sitting on the John and this didn't offer much privacy at all. (See pictures attached). One interesting thing I did notice after a long steamy shower however was that there is portion on the mirror where the steam does not condense. I am inclined to believe that portion of the mirror is heated unless ofcourse there is a spy camera on the backside (the latter seems unlikely for a hotel of its stature).

Happy hours from 6 PM to 8 PM in the bar gets you a wide variety of drinks and the ambience is good. Sadly,on both days I stayed there, I didn't eat at the hotel and so I cannot comment on the food or the service at the restaraunt.

Overall a good hotel, quite centrally located in busy Delhi and I would not have complained had I not seen ITC Gardenia first. But then, I am left to wonder if there is another wing that is spruced up for the Kings and Presidents and whether I was unfortunate to get one of those rooms meant for mere mortals.

4 Thank RRamesh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope you enjoyed your overall stay at ITC Maurya. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay. We have noted your feedback regarding the motion sensors and will look into the same.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.