ITC Maurya, New Delhi
  • Free Internet
The Ashok(New Delhi)
Hotel Samrat(New Delhi)
View Hotel
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Icon Towers(New Delhi)
2,988 results
All reviewsdum pukhtbukhara restaurantgolf barmassage chairdiplomatic enclaveexecutive clubcoffee shopspecial thanksexcellent hotelbusiness tripfront officekebabin room dininghome away from homeindian foodpaviliondelhi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at the ITC Maurya for two nights when we first arrived in New Delhi and wow, were we impressed! Our room, in the Towers, was on the small side, but it was tricked out with all of the latest gadgets & was decorated beautifully. The breakfast buffet was spectacular, with an amazing selection of western and Indian foods to please all palates (my favorites were the Amla juice and made-to-order dosas and idlis). The location (in the Diplomatic Enclave) is fantastic...relatively close to the airport and to the sights in central New Delhi. Having received numerous U.S. State Department warnings about possible terrorist activity in India I was a bit concerned, but the extensive security procedures at this hotel put all of my fears to rest. We dined at Bukhara one night...while Bill Clinton's love for this restaurant is well-known, I'm frankly not sure that it was worth the extravagant price. Then again, I was probably the only vegetarian in the entire restaurant! Regardless, I've had better Indian food. Our only complaint was that our room, which was on the second floor of the Towers, was directly over the hotel's loading dock, and on our second night at the hotel, we were kept awake nearly all night by loud banging noises. If you are put in the Towers, I would request a room on one of the higher floors. Aside from that, it was perfect!

Room Tip: If your room is in the Towers, you should request a room on one of the higher floors, away from the loading dock!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Fantastic property with the finest room, The Mauryan Chambers. It is the best hotel to stay if one is in Delhi. ITC Maurya has the best restaurants one will find in any other hotel. On my last stay we dined at Dumpukth and myself and my family were so engrossed in the food served that we didn't talk to each other for at least 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Check out the rates on Internet before you book your room through travel agent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I love this hotel for the sheer energy. It peps you up and puts a spring in your steps. Almost like being in the buzz of Manhattan. The services are good and prompt but not extraordinary. The staff are pleasant and quite efficient.
I had an issue with the Room Service Tea. It was overbrewed and always so. The food quality is generally good and their room amenities excellent.
Had an issue with bell desk which took over15mts to collect the bags for checkout. Still one of my favorite hotels in Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank fivestarholidays
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I last stayed at this hotel in the mid 90's and was excited to stay again.
It was the end of a business trip in Gurgaon and decided to have a few days holiday in Delhi at the end of the trip. I used Starwood points for the stay and was relatively excited by the fact that it was an Executive room ' with lounge facilities '.

Lounge facilities at the Maurya actually entitle you to a room on the Executive Floor - Not sure what the difference is in terms of Executive Room to a standard room. The lounge on the 14th floor was permanently closed. I was told to use the facilities on the 16th floor.
This was essentially a ' library ' with sofa's. On the 3 occasions I visited, deserted and no staff in attendance. You were required to pick up the house phone and the Executive Room in fact entitled you to tea and coffee. That is it !
A great disappointment since an Executive Lounge in hotels I have stayed at, the very least have internet facilities, some form of snacks and a cocktail ' hour '.

I contacted Guest Services because I essentially wanted to understand what facilities an Executive room entitled me to. After several attempts to connect me with a Duty Manager and a promise of him calling me in my room failed, I eventually made another attempt and was informed that the ITC Club offer the facilities I would normally associate to an Executive room - of which, by simply booking an Executive room does not entitle you to use. However, we are entitled to a ' 50 % discount ' on selected beverages at the Dublin Bar.

When we went to the Dublin bar, shortly after 8pm, I was informed happy hour ended at 8pm. So in fact, there is no 50% discount, there is a happy hour - of which the Duty Manager lead me to believe otherwise.

I make this point in case other Guests select an Executive room with the perception they will be entitled to lounge facilities enjoyed at other properties, where in fact, it does not at the Maurya.

Check in was swift. In fact too swift. A young chap, possibly new, but in my opinion, should ask if a Guest has stayed at the property before, thus allowing the opportunity to explain, even briefly, various areas of the hotel.

I was given an internet voucher for wi-fi, I assumed this entitled me to complimentary wi-fi. It did not. The voucher was an access code .... but this is India and India loves paper and an infatuation for stamping pieces of paper.

The room was smaller than other 5 star hotels I have stayed at in India, but it is an older property and in keeping with older properties, room sizes are smaller.
The room was tastefully furnished. The bed very comforatble as were the pillows.
Very clean and amenities such as tea, coffee, water, bathrobes, slippers - all provided. In fact, the amenities were very good quality.

The bathroom is small, but everything functions and water pressure is good. Shower in the tub, but again, all working just fine.

The servicing of the room was perfect and a couple of things I asked for was dealt with swiftly.

Buffet breakfast - not included in my rate, was a grand affair. Everything you could possibly ask for. In fact, I would rate their breakfast service very highly. Unlike other hotels, the egg station was manned by a waiter in addition to a cook, so instead of confusing the chef with multiple orders, the waier took the order and within minutes each day, eggs arrived as ordered within minutes.
A waiter also walks the floor with a trolley of juice, which I found to be a nice touch.

The buffet dinner in the same restaurant was extremely over priced - in fact all food and beverages are over priced at the Maurya and taxes in India are a killer.
Looking at the dinner buffet did not lift me enough to part with INR 2,500 plus taxes and since this is semi central Delhi, there are better dining options available elsewhere.

Bukhara. What an absolute disappointment. I recall eating at this restaurant when I visited in the 90's and it was fairly priced, excellent food and had Ghazal singers.
Now, the hyype surrounding Clinton and Obama's visit and their attendance at Bukhara has possibly added to it's 'cult' status.
Sorry, I live in London where hotels in India are trying to recruit Indian chefs from the UK, our Indian restaurants are top notch. I can go to a vast number of Lahori Kebab restaurants and for a 1/5 of the price, eat the same food. Yes, the lamb and chicken kebabs were good quality and moist, but hey - it's still a meat kebab. Lamb Kebab, Chicken Kebab, 1 naan, 1 lacha paratha, 1 bottle of water and 1 coke - INR 4820.
A 5 star hotel, yes. 5 star prices, yes. But I simply did not feel the food warranted the price.

On reflection, I enjoyed my stay. I somehow felt that my previous stay was much more enjoyable, albeit 15+ years ago. 5 star hotels in India overall, have become much more expensive over the years.
I would recommend the hotel to others, it is a quality hotel - a tad dated in terms of room and pool area, but all you need is available, unless you prefer very large rooms.

I would probably opt to stay at Claridge or Ashok next time, but that would be a personal choice based on leisure.

Room Tip: Avoid paying for an Executive room unless you are looking for unlimited tea and coffee - that's your entitlement !
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ItalGrecoLon
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Had an amazing experience and got shocked with the amount of attention to details I found in the room (Amenities) and all over the hotel, great place to be and the location is quite in a central area and nearby airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business