“Very nice hotel, classic and understated”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #13 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed September 4, 2010

This is a very nice hotel that is quite centrally located. It is low-key and quiet. My room was very nice but-for one thing... it was an interior room and the sole window looked into a lobby. It was quiet, but no incentive at all to let some natural light in! Helpful staff. The buffet breakfast was quite ample and service attentive. Very clean. Large dressing area and marble bath.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I returned to The Imperial for my sixth stay since 2004. Under the direction of Vijay Wanchoo, the Hotel's SVP and General Manager, my experience was very delightful. Upon arrival late on Thursday evening I was welcomed by members of the staff with a warmth and concern for my welfare that was refreshing and valued after a 15 hour flight from New York. I was shown to my Heritage Room( 227) that was spacious, decorated with great taste and with a king bed that was most comfortable in which to sleep. A glass of fresh pineapple juice was presented as my luggage arrived. All of these services were offered with warmth and friendliness.
The next morning I had breakfast in The Hotel's main dining room- a bountiful buffet. Then on a tour of the soon-to-be-finished spa. It exceeds the range of services provided at Ananda in Rishikesh and should exceed the quality of Canyon Ranch in Lenox, Mass.

The Concierge staff and Front Office Groups handled my onward train and plane reservations carefully and completely. I cannot comment highly enough on the friendliness of all of the staff! they are exceptionally talented. Special requests for help in shopping and finding just the right breakfast tray were offered at a level of personal helpfulness and concern that is unique in my travel experiences. A dip in The Hotel's swimming pool refreshed my day after morning shopping. It is sparklingly clean and quite large!

The Imperial can truly be your home away from home with an excellent staff that meets your every need with smiles and knowledge. I will be returning to The Hotel in October with my wife on our way to The Doon School's 75th Anniversary Celebration and highly recommend it to business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The hotel takes you back in time to the days of the Raj. Spice route restaurant where we dined is a restaurant that I would love to visit every time I go to Delhi. Beautiful decor which we were told is hand painted terrific food and and very warm and professional staff. We held a press meet at the hotel which was handled very professionally.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I travelled to New Delhi with my parents and it was our first visit to The Imperial. We stayed for 10 days, during which time my Mum became very ill, but the staff was excellent. They would ring to check up on her, send flowers, complimentary fruit and went out of their way to make us feel at home. None of our requests were too difficult, it was service with a smile all the way. The Italian, Indian and Thai restaurants within the hotel are all excellent! We have frequented some of the best hotels around the world, including The Peninsula in Bangkok, but nothing compares to the old world charm, quality and service of The Imperial, which was impossible to fault. The Imperial is our new favourite hotel and we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Best hotel I've ever stayed in. Beautiful hotel, rooms, restaurants. Friendly and helpful staff. Do not miss out on The Spice Route. You will regret it for life. The only issue I had was some construction being done at the time, but it was only a minor nuisance.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Stayed at The Imperial for 3 nights in late March. First a comment on New Delhi: with so much to see in India not really a top priority. Anyway The Imperial is a fantastic hotel. Not as spectacular as some of the Taj or Oberoi but still high quality. Quality is really the word that comes to mind - from the service, to food, to rooms, the pool area,etc.
Food: breakfast is great and the restaurants are also very nice but expensive.
The only negative point during our stay was actually the service at dinner in the Spice Route. Amateurish and sometimes almost rude.
The continental restaurant (in the breakfast hall) has a nice atmosphere but food is not as good as at the Spice Route.
So a very good hotel and if you stay there you won't have any regrets.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The management does not hide their ambition: to be among the very best hotels in the world. Excellent, and it shows. The architecture and decoration of the hotel are excellent and the swiming pool is a marvel. I am less impressed about the "De Luxe Rooms", not so big, not so new. The team is excellent, discreet and efficient. To be in the very top league, technical management has to improve.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo