“Best hotel i've been ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #9 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Barcelona, Spain
“Best hotel i've been ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Incredible hotel. Everything perfect!

No complains at all. I would for sure repeat. Clean, really good service, incredible food, indian decoration, etc... Its a real English palace and you can really feel it.

I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tre2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is breathtaking in every regard. I stayed at The Imperial for a week, and it felt like I was living in luxury in 'my own home'. The hotel, having been built in 1931, is the one of the oldest hotels in New Delhi. It just has this 'feel' to it that makes you feel so 'regal'. The reason for this is not only due to the hotel's ambience, exquisite colonial architecture and quality antique displays, but it is because of the quality of the staff and the service they provide. It is exceptional.

Now I realise why people keep coming back to India. The hospitality is second to none.

I used just about every service in the hotel except for the spa services. Every staff member had more than enough time to assist in any way possible, and went above and beyond what was required, on every occassion.

The room service menu is the best I have ever seen in any hotel in the world. The food is just like what you would receive if you were to have ordered it in the restaurant and it is delivered in record time. I ordered a pizza that came in 17 minutes. Fresh! The staff serving it to me were so attentive that they offered to add sugar to my tea for me, even though the sugar cubes were sitting there infront of me and I could have/should have really added it myself. Oh no, they wouldn't have that! - Service is unbelievable!

The exceptional service extends to all the pool staff who also serve refreshments/ provide towels and sunscreen, the reception staff , gym staff and concierge/security. They all go about their jobs with such professionalism, and an earnest desire to help you, and to get to know you during your stay.

The hotel itself is a living art gallery with paintings depicting Indian history. I walked through each level for hours and I really enjoyed taking everything in. Hotel staff stopped to take photos for me and grinned when they saw me attempting to take a photo myself with the self timer.

I can not tell people enough just how incredible this hotel is. If you really want to experience luxury whilst staying in New Delhi, but like me, also wanted to feel like I was 'staying in India' and not in a typical 'chain hotel' that could be 'anywhere' in the world, then treat yourself at The Imperial. You will not be disappointed.

I met people from all over the world who had been staying in the hotel for over 30 years, and have had no desire to go anywhere else. I can definitely understand why.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Parisian_Suitcase
Ash Flat, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great feel to this place, the most relaxing place I have stayed in awhile, great staff, incredible food from breakfast and in every restaurant there. I was there for business, but I would return with my wife for holiday no question!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Circle K T
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

very nice hotel in the middle of delhi. beautiful rooms, lovely spacious bathrooms. breakfast is incredibly delicious and remarkable. bar is classic! sporadic wi-fi reception is the only problem i can think of. concierge, front desk and overall service were outstanding!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MFHLouisville_KY
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unfortunately in spite of my booking over night, I reached in the morning and stayed at my room only for a couple of hours. But, it was astounding to say the least. Every inch is rich, royal and dipped in heritage.
I was stunned to know that wi-fi is not free! This is absolutely unacceptable from of hotel of this stature.
The room was spacious and clean.
Lunch spread was awesome.
The meeting facilities perfect.
Loved the caaaaaar at the entrypoint. A black Rolls Royace.
Over all excellent except for the internet unfriendliness:-(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drlahiri
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having come from the Marina Sands in Signapore, you could not get a different ambience in a luxury hotel. From all the historic artwork, to the very personalized service at the front desk, this hotel made it an experience to remember. The buffet breakfast was very good. As we were there in the middle of a heatwave, the pool was a welcome respite from the heat. The Imperial is not a centrally located as some other hotels so if you want to get out to eat or see other sites, you should plan on taking a taxi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMATravel4
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our stay at Imperial was for the most part good, rather than outstanding. The rooms were alright. They charge a bomb for wifi, which I believe is a terrible practise followed by some of the top hotels throughout India. The breakfast buffet spread is pretty lavish, however that is pretty much the same through all the hotels in India too. The front office staff are not very cordial and cheerful and the girl escorting us to the room didnt exactly look overjoyed at doing her job. That said the service at the resturaunts were reasonable and we were well looked after. The spice route resturaunt was pretty nicely done up and served good food. All in all, I wont remember anything about this stay a month from now and would look forward to other hotels on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thomaser
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec VP & General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to note that you were happy with our food, service & ambience. However, I am disheartened to note that you received an impression that one of our staff seemed disinterested in doing her job. I’d like to assure you that each and every member of our team is highly motivated & guest oriented and do not hesitate in going out of the way for ensuring guest satisfaction. I am surprised & disappointed to note that you received an impression otherwise and deeply regret the inconvenience caused. We believe in offering a wonderful experience to all our guests and do not wish to inconvenience them in any manner. We hope that you will not let this isolated incident influence your perception of The Imperial & accord us another opportunity to serve you. I have also noticed that you are disappointed with the wifi charges. I would like to share that we have various room packages which include internet as a part of the room rate. Please feel free to drop me a mail at vwanchoo@theimperialindia.com prior to your next visit so that we may offer you the same.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Vijay Wanchoo