“"Welcome home"”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #13 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We(family of 2 adults and 2 children, 11 and 16)had a wonderful 3 night stay as the last stop on our 2 week tour of India. Everything about this hotel is excelent. Allow enough time to use the hotel facilities. We enjoyed ourselves in the spa, the swimming pool and the hotel's fabulous restaurants. The Italian restaurant we visited two nights and "The Spice Route", one of world's best restaurants, is really an experience. We were treated like royalty from the time we walked in the door to this hotel. "Welcome home" .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Byremo

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Believe what you hear about The Imperial. It really is that good. In short I would thoroughly recommend staying here- especially if he get a good rate. everything about this hotel oozes quality. The sumptuous buffet breakfast, the superb rooms, the pool, the restaurants, the bars and the general ambience. Only minor gripes were that staff could be unpredictable- maybe due to the tipping culture. However this was the exception rather the rule. I'm short if in Delhi stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We treated ourselves to lunch here on our last full day in India. It was expensive, as we expected, but not intolerable. The service, food, and ambiance were wonderful.

One complaint is a good story. When I was in India 30 years ago, I ordered a milkshake and they brought me a glass of hot chocolate. I tried to be polite, but the waiter could tell I was unhappy. I told him milkshakes were supposed to be cold. He was super apologetic and took it away and returned with the same drink, but with ice cubes added. I feigned appreciation and drank my cooled hot chocolate. I took another stab at a milkshake at 1911. This time it was cold right out of the gate and it had a small scoop of ice cream in it, but it was still essentially chocolate milk. It was tasty, but not a milkshake. Maybe when I'm 75 I'll make another trip to India and US milkshake technology will have made it there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ynnub
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and i took our 4 kids to India for a couple of weeks. We started our stay in New Delhi for 3 nights. After reading many reviews, we decided to stay at the Imperial. We loved it. We arrived in the morning and started off with the breakfast buffet. The choice was fantastic, as was the setting. We then checked into our rooms, which were beautiful. The hotel is gorgeous, colonial art-deco. After reading many reviews on Tripadvisor, my wife and I decided to try the Spice Route at the restaurant. We liked it so much that we went back the next night. It was perhaps the best meal we ate in India.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barakp

Namasté!

My two greatest friends (...er, aside my wife, ahem) and I stayed here for a long weekend in April, and the stay was - i think - faultless.

Service - Impeccable. Anything you wanted at any time was fine, without question. Breakfast box at 6am, more ice? extra this, extra that, more bottled water, etc. Great.

Food - great. The buffet was not the best i've ever had, but very close. Beautiful main food room, great fresh juices, omelette station, etc. The pizzas (the only in-house food i tried) were really good and the same price as back home in the UK,

Room - perfect. Bed was amazing, shower spot-on. View - mediocre. Air-con, fine. TV was a great rear-projection one. iPod dock v useful.

As Delhi is very easy to get around in (auto-rickies, taxi or walking), the hotel's location was great, and meant that walking up to Connaught Place was the perfect distance to rty and wear off the curry we ate up there,

Value - i believe it's very expensive, but we took a deal, and i guess the full price would be worth it.

Can't really think of anything to fault the place...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I spend a week-end in Delhi and i was staying at The Imperial Hôtel in New Delhi.
Very nice and charming hôtel . Not to many things to say it was just perfect .
breakfast and buffet are one of the best in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Imperial is for sure the hotel to experience on your trip to delhi..
-great breakfast
-mostly attentive staff
-location is superb
-rooms can be a little hit or miss.. some face an internal courtyard.. ask to see room.
-there's a lot of delhi to explore in terms of restaurants etc. don't not leave the hotel!
-furniture is a bit shiny and some may find the atmosphere a bit dated
-you will be surrounded by other travelers like yourself.. you must visit other properties to see rub shoulders with indians...
-we were booked into this hotel with KOKOindia our amazing tour operator.. they explained the pros and cons of this property and we knew what we were getting into.
-all in all you must stay here at least once.. everyone will ask you where you stayed in delhi when you get home and undoubtedly the Imperial has been the bench mark for a long time.. but there are other properties out there that should be experienced to get a well rounded feel for new delhi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family