3,342 results
All reviewsspice routeheritage roomdaniell's tavernwelcome homebeautiful hotelcolonial stylean oasismarble floorsconnaught placeluxury hotelbreakfast buffetindian restaurantspadelhirajatriumemporium
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spent 8 nights at "The Imperial" which is a wonderful luxury hotel with a lot of charm. Gorgeous and large rooms. Very clean. Staff (reception, concierge, housekeeping, laundry, restaurant, spa, gym etc.) is very kind, professional and helpful. Great location. I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at "The Spice Route" (South-East Asian Restaurant). Breakfast was excellent with a good variety of cereals, juices, fresh fruit, lassi, hot dishes (both western and local), cakes and pastries (delicous croissants and pains au chocolat). Interior decoration is great and gives a nice impression of India's rich and colorful history. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again next time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FionaGDC
Reviewed September 11, 2012

For the high end travellers this is an excellent place to stay. Very clean and tidy with ample spaces all around. In HOT summer times, even people not staying in the hotel can use the nice swimming pool after paying per hour or per day.
Restaurants are very nice with different cuisines
and drinks.
The upper floor rooms give a nice view of the surroundings.
It is really a comfy and cozy place suiting very well any upper end business or tourist traveller.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms do give a good view of the surroundings and are more peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank nikk724
Reviewed September 11, 2012

There is a reason The Imperial is ranked so high. In fact, there are many reasons. The hotel itself is simply gorgeous, from its near-chaotic yet nonetheless harmonious architecture and decor, to its faultless services, polite staff and great location. The restaurants and bars offer great fare, and in-room dining is a pleasure; the ground floor offers several great meeting areas if necessary for work; the hotel is a short walk to Connaught Place; the gym is small but never full (not when I was there) while the spa is gorgeous and majestic to behold, and the sauna is wonderfully stifling. If ever there is a hotel I would live in permanently, this would be it. Be careful with laundry though, since it is unreasonably pricey.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, though we were all given upgrades due to low season (August) availability and the fact that there were many of us. Don't be shy to ask if travelling during the monsoon season.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CasualDebris
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The first impression of the hotel is marred by the construction of a new Metro station immediately at the front entrance. This detracts from the beauty and charm of this gracious hotel. No doubt, one day, when the Metro is finally completed the convenience of a station out the front would have been worth it. I hope!!!
Entering the reception area at 0640 was quite incredible. The lobby takes your breath away. The shiny, clean floors reflect the chandlier lights above giving the whole area a magical look. I must admit the best I have ever seen. Quite amazing.
The check-in was smooth and a room provided at no extra charge as early as 0830 was a great bonus. Another bouquet for the Imperial. We breakfasted at the 1911 restaurant and bar while awaiting our room and was knocked out by the range of buffet food provided both Indian and Western style. A case for gluttony beckons!!!!
However, we did find on the second day when we had to depart early for Agra the breakfast was found to be cold. Bacon, sausages, hash browns and poached eggs were ice cold. Sorry Imperial but that is an unforgiveable sin. Don't put it out until the food is hot!!!! Notwithstanding the other breakfast's served were impeccable in taste, quality and range.
The staff were very courteous without fawning all over you. But be prepared to tip. When in India that is the norm whether you like it or not. Unfortunately all services have a tax which one should not have to pay as it is quite considerable and includes the tips. Hmmm!!! Will I stay there again? Most definitely Yes.

Room Tip: Ask for the new renovated rooms (when they are completed) with a garden or pool view. A king bed is a must
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ColinS1951
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The location was great. It took us 10 minuted to walk to Connaught Place, and the garden is big you won't hear the bizzy traffic of Delhi. It was also close to the Government area.
The rooms were clean, the hall area was also clean and the floor (made of Indian marble, I think) was shining.

The service was the best I have ever experienced! The staff was so helpfull and kind. Even the man cleaning my room asked me how my trip to Agra was (I would recommend taking the train to Agra, and you can get tickets from the hotel and they will also arrange a guided tour to Agra and Taj Mahal. But don't get fooled by the people on the train-station. When we came into the train station, a guy said we didn't had the right tickets, so we ended up paying him 3000 Rupees for some false tickets. So the tip is to not listening and talk to anyone at all! Those 3000 Rupees could also be used to get 3 Indian driving licenses...).

The food was exellent, I would reccomend to eat at the Indian resturant, which I think is one of the worlds 10 best restuarnts in Indian cusine.

After walking around in the city, it was great to relax by their BIG pool and take something to drink.

Another thing which may show that this hotel is one of the best hotels in India, is that a Bollywood-movie-star, called Khan, stayed at the hotel (I was lucky to see him as well! Hahaha).

Yeah, I reccomned you to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012