“Our First Introduction to India”
Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #29 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Toronto, Canada
“Our First Introduction to India”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton New Delhi on two separate occasions during our trip to India. The rooms were not large but equivalent to other large city hotels. We had two rooms each time as we were travelling with our children. They did not have adjoining rooms but the staff was helpful in ensuring we had rooms side by side or across the hall from each other. The rooms were very clean and well stocked however we required a cot which we found the mattress to look very dirty/stained. I think we were too exhausted from our flight to India deal with it the first night.

We ate most of our meals in the hotel. The Baywatch Coffee Shop serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff was very helpful in introducing our kids to India’s many different flavours. Try the dosa - a very delicious breakfast “rice and lentil pancake” made in southern India served with curried potato and many different chutneys. The restaurant also had a large selection of continental foods including a kids menu. We also had a delicious dinner in the Pan Asian Restaurant.

We sat by the pool but found the pool deck very dusty – probably true of most hotels in Delhi.

We ventured out the back door gates to find a shopping mall only 2 minute walk from the hotel. There we found many western stores and the Hard Rock Café where we all enjoyed a hamburger. There was also a small western grocery store where you could pick up western brand food and other drug store type items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Krazy5
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Corrective action has been taken to ensure that this dissonance is not repeated and I am sanguine that you shall note the difference on your next visit. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Area Manager – Golden Triangle &
General Manager – WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed this property before and will stay again whenever the situation allows. Everything is excellent, as it is to be expected at an ITC or Sheraton brand, especially in Asia. Nice rooms, convenient service, sumptuous breakfast, reasonably fast internet - in short everything good!

However, the picky soul that I am, must mention a couple of points which the management must note in order to achieve "perfection". The hotel email addresses (two of them) available on the hotel website are probably not functional. I sent them a message asking for airport pickup but never got a reply, most certainly because the email never reached them. Anyway, no harm done since I had other arrangements.

Secondly, the air-conditioning thermostat was probably not working because any changes would not take effect. Again, not a very big deal, but this requires some attention.

Notwithstanding these small issues, I like this property and would, as I said, stay there again.

Ms Benita Sharma, thank you for reminding, though I was meaning to write a review anyway.

1 Thank AVIDTRAVELLER53
Area Manager – Golden Triangle &
General Manager – WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi
jakarta
Reviewed August 8, 2013

While staying at this unbelievable property for 5 days I was approached by the affable General Manager who asked me if I would talk to her staff on the expectations of a guest followed by a question and answer session. I immediately said yes and to my surprise more than 100 people came and a lively and wonderful exchange took place.
My colleague from Russia also took part and we both concurred it was the first time senior managers and staff were able to ask us our likes and dislikes. My colleague is on his first visit to India and announced this was one of his best stays anywhere and he will bring his family.
Well done to the entire management and staff and Starwood please talk with the GM here and get some pointers.

• Stayed August 2013
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is heartening to note that your colleague loved his stay at our hotel. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward your continued visits.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I chose the ITC Sheraton because of the location. I had work in the Saket Area. But I am glad that I decided to stay in this hotel...very good value for money!

The rooms are a bit small, if you are used to the ITC Hotels, particularly if you are used to staying in the ITC One Rooms. But overall, the efficiency of the staff, and the facilities, definitely make it a very good value for money stay.

I had two meals at the coffee shop, and Chef Vivek made both of them memorable for me. The first night was a sea bass in Orange Sause which was outstanding, and the second night it was a grilled salmon, JUST the way I like it. But the interest Chef Vivek took to understand what I wanted, and make the fish taste better than I expected it to, we're both culinary delights as well as a touching experience!

The gym is adequately equipped and very well managed.

Overall, a very satisfactory stay!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Debu H
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Haldar,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the dishes prepared by Chef Vivek. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sheraton New Delhi is a good place to stay with warm reception and friendly staff. Food is good . Service is very apt. Location of hotel is convenient. Rooms are very well maintained . Ms. Poonam Mehta excels in the guest relationship and makes the stay in Sheraton memorable

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by Poonam. The team at hotel is committed to quality service and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Sheraton Saket is the place one would like to stay for it is ideally located next to 3 mega malls that house the global brands / several resturants / food court and secondly because of kind hospitality of the hotel staff specially that of Mr.Anurang and Ms. Poonam Mehta, who excels from guest relations. Poonam leaves no stone unturned to make sure your stay at Sheraton is the most memorible one, be it your choice of room or whatever is in her capacity. I strongly recommend your stay at Sheraton Saket, I am sure you will enjoy the most.

Room Tip: I would suggest pool side room, the reflection of sky on water makes you feel relaxed.
1 Thank Zaferansari
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Ansari,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is heartening to note that the services provided by Anurag and Poonam are appreciated. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward your continued visits.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is an old hotel and certainly looks the part from an appearance standpoint. This hotel represented just an average experience for me. There was nothing terribly disappointing or impressive about my experience here except for one thing; and that is Mr. Manoj Kumar.

Upon my checkout and arrival at the airport I was greeted and assisted by Mr. Monoj Kumar of the Sheraton Hotel. He guided me to my airline checkin counter and assisted me in filling out the immigration form for passport control.

I would simply like to say how overwhelmed I was from Monoj's patience and assistance during the entire check in and immigration procedure. I have never experienced such exemplary support at an international airport terminal from a hotel employee. I am simply beyond words to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude over this unheard of service from a hotel.

It's support like this which is the main reason why I would visit your hotel in the future if given the chance. Please express my sincere thanks to Mr. Kumar for his exemplary service this week. I am forever impressed and grateful.

1 Thank jazsacher
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. You would be happy to know that the hotel is planned for upgradation in the near future. I do hope the renovated hotel meets your expectations. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by Manoj. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.