“Old and tired, over priced but still one of the best available.”
Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This place needs a renovation but the service is very good and the rooms pleasant. Not the usual 5star Sheraton standard but hey, this is India!
Make sure that you need to stay in Saket because it's an hour to Gurgaon from here...

• Stayed: March 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a tired Sheraton where things are beginning to fail. For example, the other morning, when I plugged in my Braun razor to the outlet in the bathroom, it shorted out the power to my room. When I called for help, an electrician showed up, re-set the fuse, and then - to prove to him that he'd just wasted my time - I plugged in the razor and blew out the fuse again. At that, he told me that I couldn't use the outlet in my bathroom.

This is five-star?

The comforter on the bed was thin, and the television lost its signal for ten minute periods. When it wasn't out, the picture was uniformly grainy. Furniture is old and the bedding is thin and cheap. When I checked in, the key card machine wasn't working well; that remained the case throughout my stay.

Look. For five-star prices, you should receive five-star service. But this Sheraton is charging a premium price for a gimpy hotel that - on important measures - just meets three star. Frankly, it deserves worse than three-star, but the food at the breakfast buffet redeems it - somewhat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FeltonS
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi. We regret your experience with the plug point for your razor. For your safety the Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker is installed to trip to avoid any electric shock. We sincerely regret your experience with the bed and request you to kindly give us an opportunity to "make amends" and re-establish credibility with you. We assure you that the duvet will be replaced with a comforter as required.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you are alone its good to pass time in DLF mall where you shall get almost all leading brand and good restaurants and coffee parlor including PVR cinema. You can enjoy shopping and verities of food and Ice cremes. Mall is at walking distance of fine minutes. but is little far from city's shopping paradise.
Its cool and peace full.
Hotel has small swing pull but staff if is cooperative.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff were very helpful and adaptable to my changing needs. The service in the restaurant and banqueting in a very busy wedding season was excellent. I was able to change rooms and be comfortable with a view of trees - much needed in overcrowded Delhi. I would fully recommend that anyone stays here.

Room Tip: Ask for front of hotel if you want a view over park and trees - or the back of hotel if you want to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Get off the plane and just before exiting the terminal into the outside of the airport with the masses of people waiting for someone, go hard left and find the hard-to-find 'Pre-paid taxi' stand. Show them the hotel address and they will give a pre-paid rate. Meru are the nice taxis but were not available late at night. The other pre-paid have old taxis but are fine and reduce worries of getting scammed.
Now onto the hotel. First, the taxis will almost certainly struggle to find the Sheraton. If your driver makes frequent stops in a residential area with quiet streets tallking to people outside, do not fear - he is asking for directions. After a short diversion, the hotel will be found. Three stays and three pre-paid taxis and all three had to search a while. Of course, one could pre-arrange a ride with the hotel if so inclined.
Upon arrival, my experience with the check-in (and check-out) has always been very positive. Always fast and very courteous and professional.
The rooms are well maintained and have a certain charm. The rooms are large. Nice desk and working area. Also a nice sitting area. The bathroom is also quite nice and I really like the entrance doors to the washroom. This is not a brand new hotel and does not feel like one. The carpets are very presentable and clean, but can still sense the thousands of feet that have walked across it. Room has great big windows and equally if not more important for me is that the black-out drapes met their purpose and allowed for a pitch black room in the morning. Also very quiet.
I tried the room service one night this trip and the Indian food was quite good. Previous trips I ate in the restaurants and had a couple meetings and all was good.
Location is convenient in my mind. Fairly quick from the airport. A couple malls next door with stores, restaurants (Indian and foreign) and good coffee. The subway was a 15-20 minute walk for me which was fine by my standards, although the concierge recommended he arrange a taxi for me which was very nice. The subway goes directly to Old Delhi and was quick. First time to use the subway for me and not familiar with Delhi at all and no map and found my way around Old Delhi sites quite easily from the subway stop.
Have stayed in a number of hotels in Delhi and this Sheraton continues to be my hotel of choice in this price category. Good location, rooms with some charm to them, great service.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a marriage in the family and the couple stayed at the Sheraton New Delhi. We were overwhelmed with the hospitality and warmth of the hotel staff and with the service levels.

The room was most comforting and we were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful thought by the hotel staff of placing a personalised pillow in the room, with the name of bride and groom on it.

overall as well the stay was comfortable and nice, we would love to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi for the newly married couple's stay and for your feedback. We value your patronage and the entire team at WelcomHotel looks forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My fiancee and I just spent three days here on our first trip to India.

I have no fault with the service, it was excellent, but the true test in any service environment is when things go wrong and The Sheraton's staff were wonderful when it did.

On day one I strained ligaments in my ankle after turning over on one of the Delhi's uneven street paths...it happens. After a short rest didn't fix the pain I was brought by the hotel to the nearest hospital who patched me up. The hotel called back in person a couple of times to see how things were going and helped speed things along, ultimately bringing me back to the hotel.

The following day they gave the perfect level of service as I hobbled around.

My thanks to the staff on leaving was completely interrupted by incompetence on my bank's part when checking out. Thank you NatWest (RBS) for being there when HSBC were not.

I look forward to staying here again and would recommend anyone to do the same.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BenitaNewDelhi, Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
I hope you are doing well. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. We value your patronage and the entire team at WelcomHotel looks forward to having you back with us.