“Great Food and restaurants terrible Reception desk and Services”
Review of Eros Hotel

Ranked #42 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food and restaurants terrible Reception desk and Services”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Arrived to a very warm reception only to discover that they had no hesitation in providing false information and ignoring the customer.
Hot water was not available in the bathrooms yet repeated excuses and promise of resumption of supply continued until the complaint reached the Duty Manager Udit who resolved the issue.
We returned to the Hotel 2 days later (on Friday 22nd November) for the 2nd part of the booking. reception desk promised that the Massage centre would call me within 5 minutes. I am still waiting .....!!!
Hot water was again not available from 3pm-midnight on Saturday , though this time a note had been posted in advance in each room
Very disappointed to have this level of service from a 5 star Hotel @ £100 per night charge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Sanjkish,

Thankyou very much for your recent stay at the hotel and your subsequest review.
Please do accept our sincere regrets that your stay was less than satisfactory due to a temporary disruption in hot water supply. Since the water temperature was inadequate, we had to undergo an unavoidable shutdown for a few hours to rectify the issue.
Your feedback is really important and appreciated and helps the teams to strive that much harder to ensure that our guests are having a comfortable stay.
I am glad that you did like our food and beverage offerings and the restaurants and we hope that you will be as delighted with our front desk and room amenities on you future stays.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit and assuring you of a much improved experience.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My first experience with this hotel The person over the counter was sleepy and not able to find my reservation. Even his attitude was unfriendly neither he offer me any drinks nor he showed any interest in finding the rooms. Then I called the person who booked this hotel for me. Duty Manger Mr. Shivendu came and said sorry for all and he has offered me coffee and sort out my problem immediately . The room was good with all amenities. Strange to see that in standard rooms there are no door bell??? When i enquired they said it will be only in suite room. First time I came to know that doorbell is such an important luxury item????. No working wifi ...
Restaurants good and rich breakfast.

Room Tip: Be ready to face the problem at reception ....Otherwise a good hotel to stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear rkderm,

Many thanks for selecting the Eros hotel for your recent stay.
Your feedback is very important and helps us to continually improve our processes.
Its indeed unfortunate that you faced inconvenience at the time of check in due to a reservation inaccuracy and were not satisfied with the Wifi.
This has been since been rectified and also we have taken steps to ensure that such issues are avoided and handled better than they were in your case. I understand that
I am glad to note that you were satisfied with the rooms and breakfast at the restaurant.
Your feedback regarding the doorbell is in consideration for a future property upgradation and is appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

India
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was amazed to see the heritage look of the hotel. The location is also ideal (in city centre) within proximity of all sort of transportation. The staff is very hospitable. I would prefer to stay in this hotel more frequently.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (as front side is a busy main road)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Experience_Opinion,

Thankyou very much for your recent stay at the Eros Hotel and the subsequest review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our services and location to your satisfaction. Your feedback is indeed important to us and much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Eros hotel on your next visit to New Delhi.

Warm Regards

Zurich area, Switzerland
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good:
Grand hotel with the professional service which you can expect.
Rooms spacious, very quiet, stylishly furnished.
The AC was effective and quiet.
Big pool and fully equipped gym, here they provide a really complete service.
Rich breakfast, Indian and continental style.
Good choice of various restaurants. I was very pleased by the Indian restaurant.

Ok:
Location is not central, therefor good connection to the airport.
The metroline station Nehru Place is right next to the hotel.
For anything farther, shopping, sightseeing etc. take the cab.

To be improved:
Wifi is expensive and the slowest. At some times no wifi would have been better.
Some minor defects in the room, the socket next to the bed was defect, one lamp decided by itself when to work and when not.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Dichterdran,

Thankyou very much for selecting Eros Hotel on your recent visit and taking the time to write this review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Eros hotel and we were able to meet your expectations with regards to the rooms, Health Club and restaurants.
Our location is prefferred by many guests due to its proximity to the many business and sightseeing options around Nehru Place and as you rightly said, we are well connected to all major attractions either by metro or local taxis.
Your comment about the Wifi is appreciated and while we do have a robust and fast Wifi facility, we will take further steps to ensure that our guests are not inconvenienced in any manner.

Once again thankyou and I look forward to welcome you to the hotel on your next visit to New Delhi.
Bombay
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a great stay at the hotel. It's right next to Nehru Place metro and accessible to markets, restaurants, a nice watering hole across the street. The hotel is managed by Hilton from what I know. Nice people overall, great food, rooms were clean and spacious though my bed was a little too soft for my liking (I kept sinking in). But there was this overpowering pest control like smell across the entrance and reception area. Not a great way to enter a hotel. I'd definitely not let that come in the way of my decision to stay here again though.

Room Tip: There are rooms with views of the Bahai temple. Nice to wake up on the side of spirituality :-)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Rayofash,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Eros hotel recently and taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you overall enjoyed your stay and liked our rooms, food and beverage facilities and the staff.
Your comments regarding the softness of the bed are in consideration as a future improvement area. With regards to the smell, we take great care to ensure that all rooms, lobby, restaurants etc are well maintained and have a plesant fragrance. I beleive your experience may be attributed to a disinfection drive in the city and around the hotel as per the local health authorities.
Having said that, your coments are appreciated and the the team will strive that much harder to ensure a better experience on your future visits.

Director of Operations.
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was quite surprised when I arrived at the Eros Hilton. It reminded me of the Waldorf Astoria in NYC. Exceptional staff, great restaurants and in the middle of the chaotic New Deli environment, it was an oasis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Steve R
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Steve R,

many thanks for your lovely review. I am happy to note that the hotel and my team were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. This kind of feedback goes a long way to keep us motivated and ensures that we are continually striving to delight all our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you soon to the Eros Hotel on your next visit to New Delhi.

New Delhi.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Eros in Delhi and the hotel, staff and food was amazing.
breakfast was buffet along with the dinner and the choice was great. i also treated myself to a full body massage, manicure and pedicure. very cheap and very relaxing

Room Tip: all rooms were great and even if you get a road view they are all well noise protected
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tryan_11
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Tryan_11,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the food and our Spa facilities.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Delhi.

warm regards