“Lovely hotel, great food and very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eros Hotel

Ranked #34 of 704 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great food and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Eros in Delhi and the hotel, staff and food was amazing.
breakfast was buffet along with the dinner and the choice was great. i also treated myself to a full body massage, manicure and pedicure. very cheap and very relaxing

Room Tip: all rooms were great and even if you get a road view they are all well noise protected
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tryan_11
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Tryan_11,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the food and our Spa facilities.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Delhi.

warm regards

Sanjay Keswani

Director of Operations
Nehru Place
New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here 5 nights during a business trip to Delhi. It's advertised as a 5 star hotel, but it's probably more like a 4 star to be honest.

I have no real complaints about it. The lobby area is nice and well kept, with plenty of places to sit. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The pool is clean and always supervised.

The room ticked all the right boxes. It was quiet, had a powerful hot shower, comfortable bed and was dark when you needed it to be (i.e. when sleeping). I got a room on the 10th floor with a nice view of the city and the Lotus Temple (as well as the pool) and it was high enough that the traffic noise was mostly indistinguishable.

The restaurants are OK - nothing brilliant and although overpriced for Delhi, they're still reasonable compared to UK prices.

We hired a car with driver from the hotel for the day to do some sight seeing on a day off. It cost two of us £25 each for the whole day, up to 80kms. Well worth doing if you want a quick sight seeing tour, and actually cheaper than the organised coach tours.

Just be wary of the 'luxury room' tax. My room wasn't really luxury - it was an Executive King, although it was nicely decorated. It was average in size. Maybe it was the dressing gown that made it luxury, don't know, but I was charged the luxury room tax which adds about £12 per night to your bill. That said, even with bar bills and food on 2 nights etc, I only paid £81 per night on average, not bad for a major city hotel.

The hotel is miles from the city cetnre (althought Delhi doesn't really have a centre as such, just different districts). That said, taxis are cheap and, if you're feeling brave, the metro station is round the corner. I was working with a company just across the street in Eros tower, so found it extremely convenient and it was only 40 mins to the airport.

One thing to be wary of is that you have to pay for WiFi access at about £2.50 per night. In this day and age I find that odd, but considering my mobile was costing me £2 per minute, it was worth paying for wifi just to be able to phone home for free with Facetime or Skype...

The hotel changed from a Hilton to just plain old Eros Hotel whilst I was there. No obvious differences...

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the pool, to get the best view and least traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Romablade
ErosNP, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Romablade,
Many thanks for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. I am glad that our staff were able to meet your expectations in terms of service provided and you liked our rooms, lobby and the pool areas.
The luxury tax is mandatory in all hotels and all room categories across the city.With regards to the location, you are right that Delhi does indeed does not have a city center but we are very conveniently located in upmarket south Delhi with easy access to the Airport, major sightseeing and shopping destinations and also to the business districts of Okhla and Noida.
Your feedback is important to us and we will strive to improve in some of the areas that you have highlighted particularly our restaurants.

Warm Regards

Sanjay Keswani
Director of Operations
New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

An imposing structure with a huge portico, centrally located at Nehru Place and managed by Hilton till today, and one would think this is a winner, all the way, but reality bites. Rooms are large and comfortable and my room overlooked the Lotus Temple, the giant swimming pool and the elevated tracks of the metro. Breakfast at The Blooms is decent but not great. Then what is the problem?

It's the staff, their attitude and possible lack of training which sucks. My problem started with the check-in on 23rd September. I had been booked in by my company and I held a valid reservation with complete terms and conditions. Imagine my shock, when I showed my PAN card as photo Identity and the reception staff flatly refused to accept this and insisted on my passport or voter card. When I pointed out that nowhere else this has happened and how do they expect me to carry my passport when on a domestic travel, the reply was ' rules are rules'.

When I asked for the relevant rules, there was no response and when I said this condition was not stated in their reservation confirmation sent earlier, they unwillingly allowed me entry but insisted that before check-out, I should produce a copy of my passport. Feeling like a prisoner out on parole I had to request my secretary in Mumbai to reach office early the next day and mail me and the hotel my passport copy, which she did. Hotel management insisted that they had still not got it. It was a truly harrowing experience.

Hope with the change in management from October, things would improve. Otherwise this hotel is a slur on the Hilton name. I would never ever stay here again. About you...... Well , after reading this review take a call!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Contking
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

While the hotel accommodation itself is great, the service is poor. I booked and paid through expedia and then was incorrectly charged for the same room by the Hotel. Upon recognising a duplicate charge on my credit card, I called to both expedia and the hotel. It took me 6 months and about 15-20 emails and phone calls to finally get my money reimbursed. The Eros Hotel was in error, but their Cashier services were wretchedly slow to say the least.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Renita S
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at Eros in September 2013 on business trip. The hotel is sophisticated & fulfills the needs of a corporate or business. Location is good not very far from Airport too. The hotel staff is very caring & courteous, though I had some challenges while going through the check-in process, it took a while before I got my room keys. The buffet spread for breakfast was huge, keeping in mind tastes for all viz. continental, indian etc. Overall a good stay & would recommend business travellers to stay there.

Room Tip: Recommend to choose a room on the top floor as the swimming pool & garden view is very nice.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for several weeks for business purposes.
Almost a perfect place to stay - great location (right next to Nehru place metro, number of restaurants around including a food court), courteous staff, very responsive service, well run / well maintained facilities incl. pool, spa, health club, restaurants etc.
The only negative I could notice was - its an old property and hence some of the room fixtures are not that modern.
Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Good rooms, clean bathrooms and very good beds giving comfortable sleep. What more you need in a good hotel! If elevators worked good all the times, this could be rated excellent. Very good break-fast spread, good well stocked mini bar and plenty of complementary water bottles, good quality toiletries makes the stay a very comfortable and pleasant experience.