“Great Hotel”

Ranked #44 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, India
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton last week and the service was impeccable. The food was delicious and the variety of food at breakfast was grand. The view from the room was great and the location of the hotel is ideal for travelling around Delhi. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Deepak J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your warm review of your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton. It is wonderful to know that you and your family felt comfortable and well-looked after by my capable team. It would be our pleasure to extend our warm hospitality to all of you again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I’ve visited Delhi twice in the past month and had the pleasure of staying at the Eros Hilton with both trips. As a business traveler the hotel was awesome and I’m sure a vacation traveler would have a similar experience. I highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Delhi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve D,

Thank you for your kind recommendation of Eros Managed by Hilton, we are delighted that you enjoyed both your stays with us. Your positive feedback encourages us to continue delivering great experiences to our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to New Delhi.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nights.. got a room on the 7th floor facing the city skyline and metro station.. the beds were very comfy and guaranteed a wonderful nights sleep.. apples in the room complimentary .. mini bar stocked up but exorbitantly expensive.. a pack of indian made snacks (bhujia) was charged 15 times more than the market price.. well thats how star hotels are so not gonna blame em. Interestingly, both days during my stay, i did not have news papers in my room !!.. the taps did not have running hot water and the plugs by the bed were loose enough to not even hold a power charger.. had to call the MAGIC desk which was not magical and they sent a technician to check.. couldnt help fix it either.. the bathroom had a placard talking bout saving water.. however, with no running hot water for immediate use, the plumber asked me to leave the tap on for ten to fifteen minutes at a stretch for hot water to flow in and then take a shower.. ironical.. wanted a taxi to go to a outside location and the hotel staff was friendly but i had to walk out to the hotel entrance and the chap from the travel desk had to persuade someone to give me an approximate cost to travel to my destination.. after waiting for over fifteen minutes and not much progress, i decided to check for a cab on my own.. shame for a travel desk.. the worst part of my stay,unsure if its the hotel to be blamed or the network connection in delhi, the room i stayed in did not have vodafone cell phone coverage.. not a single bar of network and occasionally would pick up a signal or two but the entire duration was a nightmare, i had to share the hotel phone details to my friends and family and have them call in.. the hilton group will have to work a charm if they have to be in the hospitality industry.. i have had far more better experiences for the buck

Room Tip: Avoid 724.. pathetic cell phone coverage.. had to walk to the elevator lobby to make phone calls..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PS1982
Dear PS1982,

I am sorry to learn of your recent disappointing experience with us. Whilst I am glad that you found our bed comfortable, I certainly agree that our guest room and service should have reflected the high quality expected of a Hilton hotel.

I wish to assure you that I have personally looked into the points you have raised and together with my team, have taken steps to make the appropriate and necessary corrective action. We remain committed to providing our guests with comfortable and positive experiences at all times.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, my team and I sincerely hope that we have another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you in the future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back with our true and warm hospitality.

Greenville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a very good hotel. The Chef is extraordinary! He will cook you anything you can describe on or off the menu. The staff is very friendly also. The reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because you have to pay for Internet separately, and there was a dead fly on the floor near the bathroom for 4 days after room service coming and going.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Chelsea J,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is a great pleasure to know that my team and especially our chef took good care of you while you were staying with us.

Attention to detail is very much an important part of our day to day routine and we are sorry for the oversight in your room. Your feedback is a valuable reminder for the team to sharpen their service delivery and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Location of this Hotel in South Delhi is great - near the metro, near the markets, and away from the touristy hustle bustle. The lobby is very classical, and grandiose, however the other elements of the hotel appear a bit dated. It is an old property, probably in need of a facelift.
Having said that the room size (including the suites) is big, the service is good.
Good breakfast spread, as well as food in the coffee shop.
I also tried the Indian restaurant- Singh Sahib, which is great. One of the better North Indian cuisine restaurants in Delhi.
Wifi is not free, which is annoying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mudra_M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of by my capable team.

We very much appreciate your feedback and insights of the hotel; it is good to know that our food highlighted your stay experience. You will be pleased to know that we intend to upgrade our facilities soon. With regards to our WiFi service, we understand the importance of this service for our guests and have room packages that include complimentary usage. We also offer complimentary WiFi access in the hotel's public areas, including the lobby and restaurants.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Hamme, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Eros hotel is a nice hotel. Not very flexible staff. Good restaurant for sure, very good breakfast.
Had to pay for full night on late check out, (even with Hilton Honors card)as our flight only left after midnight. No bargaining possible.
Perfect afternoon tea, very nice swimming pool. Internet is too expensive but acceptable quality.
Bar was closed for renovation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Erik V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Eros Managed by Hilton.

Whilst it is good to know that you were generally satisfied with your overall stay, I am sorry that you were disappointed on your check-out. Please allow me to clarify that while all Hilton HHonors members are entitled to late check-out, this is subject to availability on the departure day. I wish to assure you that your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is of great value to us and that all my team members do their best to accommodate our valued guests especially during the hotel's busy periods.

We hope to welcome you back and deliver a perfect stay experience to you, when you next return to New Delhi.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here, but last time was just one night and I didn't really get much of a feel for it. This time I was there for a week and did get a better feel.

Check in was good, and the guy on the desk cleverly managed to upsell me to an Executive Room, omitting to tell me that there was INR1,000 pn "luxury tax": I hope I can get that through my company's accounts trolls.

Overall the room, while a decent size and clean, looked really run down. The decor was just a bit too gloomy and rather depressing. The bed wasn't as comfortable as it could have been, a bit too hard for me, and I didn't sleep too well any of the nights. I did have a view over the pool and beyond to the Lotus Temple - quite how the architect from the Sydney Opera House didn't sue for plagarism I don't know but that's another matter - and away from the main road so a bit quieter than my previous stay.

Bathroom was OK, enough counter space by the sink for all my ablution equipment, but the shower was over the bath tub, which I really just don't like and I am always worried I am going to go base over apex in it. Coupled with that the showerhead couldn't seem to deliver a consistent pressure of water made my morning routine not as smooth as it could have been.

I thought breakfast in the coffee shop was fine, plenty of choice and reasonable service.

I tried a couple of the dining options: Singh Sahib, which was great in terms of the food, Pre-Partition dishes from the Punjab and Pakistan region, but a bit eye-watering when the bill came. See above re: company accounts trolls. On check in I was given a voucher for a free drink if dining in the Empress of China so I had a quick dinner on my last night before heading to the airport and my red-eye back to SIngapore. Again, decent food but the equivalent of USD50 for Kung Pao Chicken, stir fried Pok Choy and fried rice - even with a free glass of wine - strikes me as not a bargain.

The Executive Lounge was fine, but as others have already noted, it's a bit small. I was lucky enough to get a table each time I used it, but it did get a bit crowded. Snacks were decent enough and service pretty attentive. Nice views over the city.

My main reason for choosing it was my office there is only 15 mins away even in Delhi's traffic, and I will no doubt stay there if I have to go to the office again, however, before that I will do some more research and see if there is a better option.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank richardpS850LT
Eros_Nehru_Place, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Rushman2112,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights from your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton, we always welcome feedback from our guests as we continually endeavour to deliver great stay experiences to our guests.

Whilst I am glad that you were generally satisfied with our food offerings, service and Executive Lounge, it is regrettable that some aspects of your experience fell below your expectations. I wish to assure you that all my team members work hard to ensure the comfort and well-being of our guests through the Hilton quality products and services. You may be pleased to know that we intend to upgrade our rooms in the near future.

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and we look forward to being of service to you when you are next in New Delhi.