“A good hotel, but it's all a bit tired”
Review of Eros Hotel

Eros Hotel
Ranked #28 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here, but last time was just one night and I didn't really get much of a feel for it. This time I was there for a week and did get a better feel.

Check in was good, and the guy on the desk cleverly managed to upsell me to an Executive Room, omitting to tell me that there was INR1,000 pn "luxury tax": I hope I can get that through my company's accounts trolls.

Overall the room, while a decent size and clean, looked really run down. The decor was just a bit too gloomy and rather depressing. The bed wasn't as comfortable as it could have been, a bit too hard for me, and I didn't sleep too well any of the nights. I did have a view over the pool and beyond to the Lotus Temple - quite how the architect from the Sydney Opera House didn't sue for plagarism I don't know but that's another matter - and away from the main road so a bit quieter than my previous stay.

Bathroom was OK, enough counter space by the sink for all my ablution equipment, but the shower was over the bath tub, which I really just don't like and I am always worried I am going to go base over apex in it. Coupled with that the showerhead couldn't seem to deliver a consistent pressure of water made my morning routine not as smooth as it could have been.

I thought breakfast in the coffee shop was fine, plenty of choice and reasonable service.

I tried a couple of the dining options: Singh Sahib, which was great in terms of the food, Pre-Partition dishes from the Punjab and Pakistan region, but a bit eye-watering when the bill came. See above re: company accounts trolls. On check in I was given a voucher for a free drink if dining in the Empress of China so I had a quick dinner on my last night before heading to the airport and my red-eye back to SIngapore. Again, decent food but the equivalent of USD50 for Kung Pao Chicken, stir fried Pok Choy and fried rice - even with a free glass of wine - strikes me as not a bargain.

The Executive Lounge was fine, but as others have already noted, it's a bit small. I was lucky enough to get a table each time I used it, but it did get a bit crowded. Snacks were decent enough and service pretty attentive. Nice views over the city.

My main reason for choosing it was my office there is only 15 mins away even in Delhi's traffic, and I will no doubt stay there if I have to go to the office again, however, before that I will do some more research and see if there is a better option.

1  Thank richardpS850LT
Eros_Nehru_Place, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Rushman2112,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights from your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton, we always welcome feedback from our guests as we continually endeavour to deliver great stay experiences to our guests.

Whilst I am glad that you were generally satisfied with our food offerings, service and Executive Lounge, it is regrettable that some aspects of your experience fell below your expectations. I wish to assure you that all my team members work hard to ensure the comfort and well-being of our guests through the Hilton quality products and services. You may be pleased to know that we intend to upgrade our rooms in the near future.

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and we look forward to being of service to you when you are next in New Delhi.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The room cooling was not good and even after placing a complaint the cooling towards the bed was not good. towards the night its very hot. the staff overall was very courtious and helpful. the breakfast was also good. need to have more verity.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Edna D,

I am sorry to learn that the air conditioning in your room marred what could have been a pleasant stay experience with us. I am pleased, however, that you were happy with our service and breakfast spread. Please rest assured that my team has taken steps to ensure that our air conditioning system is in good working order. We hope to have the opportunity of delivering a better experience to you should you return to New Delhi in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very good property nicely located in South Delhi. Everything absolutely in order right from check in - breakfast-roomservice-checkout. Location is excellent, staff very polite and helpful. No hassles in extending the check out time. Moreover its value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a positive and seamless experience with us from your arrival to departure. Thank you for letting us know what made your stay memorable. We hope to see you again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The service and staff is extremely helpful. Their attention to details to make your stay comfortable is evident. I have specific mattress and pillow requirements and they had options to assist with that too. Breakfast spread is good. The only thing that needs improvement is to have a sense of segregation for inhouse guests and external guests when it comes to lobby, lift to restaurants access.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is really nice, and perhaps the best hotel in the area. But its not what I would have expected a 5 star to be. The rooms were not as modern or pretty as what standard 4 stars offer. The food in the coffee shop could be better, considering the pricey nature of the place. The tea place was nice. The room had nothing to complain but nothing exciting either. Overall, I could not complain much but did not leave excited about anything. Somehow expected more as the property itself is huge and pretty and there seemed to be quite a lot to do but could not enjoy the same.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Eros_Nehru_Place, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear prateek_mittal,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights from your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton.

Whilst it is good to know that there were no issues during your stay, we are sorry that your overall experience fell below your expectations. As we continually endeavour to deliver great stay experiences to our guests, we very much appreciate receiving your feedback which helps us to focus on the areas that require improvement. Please be assured that my team and I are doing our utmost to uphold the high standards of products and services synonymous with the Hilton name.

We hope that there will be another opportunity to have you with us again and extend a better stay experience to you in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good comfortable rooms with good facilities. Location good for business connections and as a rourist to visit the Lotus Temple. Easy access to Metro for further journeys to Kahn Market, Connaught Place etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Martin M B,

Thank you for your kind review of Eros Managed by Hilton. We are glad that you were comfortable and enjoyed our convenient location during your stay. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

But I can't. I was given a room at the end of the hall and the street noise was unbearable (lively till 2 am). The AC in my room never dropped below 23C, so I was warm in the evening sleeping. The housekeeping staff would start slamming doors to cabinets located in the hall which always woke me up earlier than I needed. The gym, while ok, was crammed with equipment and too small to accomodate "paying members" and hotel guest. I don't like when I see the attendant running around timing everyone so to move them off. The club lounge was also too small to handle the crowd sometimes. The club lounge attendant did a good job accomodating everyone. The buffet resturant for breakfast and dinner had tons of options and both were very delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor or pool view to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2boystravelling
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear 2boystravelling,

I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations but also grateful that you have commended our team members from the Executive Lounge and the food quality at Blooms.

Your feedback is important to us and I have discussed your points at length with my team. We are taking positive steps forward to carry out corrective action where necessary and focusing on the areas for improvement that you have highlighted. As always, my team and I are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our guests and we intend to upgrade our rooms and facilities in the near future.

We hope for another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you in the future, thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.