“Very chuffed”
Review of Eros Hotel

Eros Hotel
Ranked #29 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was very happy with my stay here. The service was excellent, the location was ideal, and my stay was pleasant. I was out most of the time, so I needed somewhere simple just to rest after a hard day of travelling. I honestly can not fault this place.

If you are in Delhi for a visit, where you will be out and about - this is perfect. If you are after a more 'resort' type hotel, where you are planning to stay 'on location' then maybe you should look elsewhere. But saying that, for the price - this isn't a bad option for either. Oh and have a massage at the Spa if you get a chance - amazing!

Hilton Eros..... You have a new loyal customer :)

From England with love

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Eros_Nehru_Place, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Drewunalkat,

It is a pleasure for my team and I to know that you felt at home with us at Eros Managed by Hilton.

Thank you for your generous compliments of the hotel and our service, which highlighted your experience with us. Your continued patronage is important to us and we look forward to to once again extending our hospitality to you when you next return to New Delhi.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is recently taken over by hilton management, situated near nehru place. It is a good hotel to stay in south delhi. It has an amazing clud called Jynxx which attracts great crowd from over the city. The rooms are well build and adequately sized. The bathrooms are also nice.
The hotel is neat and tidy.
The hotel is good choice to stay in the region.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anita G
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Anita G,

Thank you for your kind review of Eros Managed by Hilton, it is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy positive experiences with us.

We appreciate your feedback on our location and rooms, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have used the property extensively for over a decade for family friends and business, as it was good value for money and the location was also meeting our requirements.
However over the years-one hardly found any change in restaurants, menus or even rooms,
forcing one to reluctantly look elsewhere.
The area has also become overcrowded-wanting one to think twice before fighting the traffic,
to make it for lunch/dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool side are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Eros_Nehru_Place, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear kuk00100,

Thank you for your regular patronage of Eros Managed by Hilton and for placing your guests with us over the years.

As we continually endeavour to uphold the high standards of our products and services, your feedback is important to us. We wish to assure you that we are taking steps to put our enhancement plans for the hotel into place and to better serve our guests. I invite you to please let us know how we can better your experience with us; you may email me directly on sanjay.keswani@hilton.com.

My team and I hope to continue extending our warm hospitality to you and we remain at your service.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

After travelling 30 hours to Delhi, this hotel was an inviting refuge for a weary traveler. The food was excellent, the beds comfortable and everything was clean. I had no expectations for this hotel as part of a Gate 1 tour but found it excellent. The breakfast fruits were excellent, the water was fine, with complimentary bottles in our room. We spent two nights here, and the nights were very quiet. The bar was a lovely room but drinks were pricey. Most of all the AC worked well and was easy to adjust the temperature for comfort. There was a comfortable sense of security since we were checked each time we entered the hotel.

Room Tip: The Wi-Fi was expensive and should be free.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear trvltee,

Thank you for your kind review of Eros Managed by Hilton, we are delighted that you enjoyed a restful and comfortable stay with us.

We appreciate your positive feedback on our food, the beds and breakfast fruits. The safety of our guests is at all times paramount and it is especially good to know that you felt a good sense of security during your stay. With regards to WiFi, we understand the importance of internet service for our guests and we offer room packages that include WiFi access. Our Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members enjoy the benefit of complimentary internet access.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you again when you next visit New Delhi.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a fairly dated property. The outside is quite an ugly 80's concrete construction, that really detracts from the ambience of the hotel. The buildings directly around the hotel also are quite ugly in appearance, so the hotel experience suffers from this.

The inside, is well maintained, and quite fresh and clean in appearance. There are a lot of chandeliers, and mini chandeliers on walls, and inlaid marble floors, and polished wooden walls etc. The decor is of a nice finish, but I always find modern buildings with old worldstyle interiors a bit strange.

The hotel does have some elements of grandeur, that you would hope for in a Hilton Hotel, the driveways, and lobby area are an example. Unfortunately, the grounds around the pool, seem kind of half landscaped. The pool area itself is reasonably nice (though the ugly facade of the hotel and nearby buildings are the direct view from the pool). Next to the pool area is some kind of wasteland of grass that is in varying states of bareness, that seems like a real waste of space,a forgotten zone. Quite perplexing.

The hotel has three restaurants. The main restaurant has quite a nice outside terrace area with large fans, that is a nice place to sit and enjoy meals or drinks. The food was very excellent, as were the cocktails. Service in the restaurant between the main meal times is very slow, and most times I ended up having to get up from the table and walk to a waiter to order my meal /drink, which is very unusual for a hotel of this price in India, or for a five star hotel anywhere.

Breakfast Buffet was very comprehensive, and of the usual Hilton Breakfast standard.

The room I stayed in was an Executive Deluxe Suite (diamond upgrade). This room was very spacious, and well appointed. The room, while of a dated decor, was very well maintained, and in good condition. Housekeeping was very good, and the cleanliness of the room was also excellent. This room had quite good views, as the windows were very large.

Standard rooms, or executive rooms, may have good views, but there are some tall buildings very close to the hotel, and quite a lot of the rooms would look directly at these quite ugly buildings.

The location is not really bad or good. By metro, to get to most places, you will need to change at least one stop, maybe 2 times, depending on where you are going. Traffic anywhere around this hotel always seems to be really dreadful, so getting around by car/ taxi will be a gruelling experience, except for early in the mornings, or quite late at night.

The hotel does provide an international standard of service, though not inspired service. It has most amenities, and options that you would want from an international chain hotel. I found the execution of service a little disappointing however, and mostly lacklustre, so the hotel didn't leave me with any special feeling at all, which many Hilton Hotels in other countries normally do.

The executive lounge serves the biggest array of food throughout the day, of any of the Hilton Hotels in new Dehli (I have stayed in them all). Annoyingly though, they don't offer wine by the glass, only beer or spirits. There is an outside area immediately off the executive lounge which would be good for smokers. This area is a bit like the pool area downstairs. It is a very large rooftop area, that seems like some forgotten part of the hotel, with bad landscaping, and repair, that seems like a real waste of the space, and left a very surreal feeling, as no other Hilton would leave a part of the hotel looking half finsihed like that?

As a Diamond Guest, I had a very strange check-in at the hotel. I stood at the reception desk for around 5 mins, while the receptionist made quite a few phone calls to somebody. I thought perhaps my room might not be ready, so said I was happy to wait. I was told my room was ready, then the phone calls started again to someone. After a while, I was escorted to my room by the receptionist, who said that they were trying to find me a suite to upgrade to, as I had booked an executive room.(normally all of this would have been pre-allocated well before arrival time at any other Hilton) So I was taken to a suite, which was actually exaactly the room I had booked, and not an upgrade at all. After explaining this to the receptionist, he then said If I wanted my diamond upgrade, I would need to wait until 6:00pm to check into that room. I was happy to wait, and the upgraded room became available around 6:30pm.

All in all, this was a very confused check-in, and as a Diamond Guest, have never had such a confused check-in before. I do feel that the reception should have been better prepared, and not made the mistakes about the room type booked for a diamond guest. Perhaps if they had just outlined that an upgraded room would only be available later, and given the choice between the room type booked or to wait for the upgrade, at the desk straight away would have been simple? The first room also, the original suite booked that was mistakenly described as a diamond upgrade, was also on quite a low floor, when specifically in the comments of my booking I requested a high floor. This, is also not the normal service that is given at other Hilton Hotels Worldwide to their Diamond Guests. Normally you are allocated rooms on the highest floors of the hotel automatically.

One last problem I had, was being charged for breakfast in the restaurant, when Diamond Guests enjoy complimentary breakfast. This was quickly resolved by the duty manager, but once again, these kind of errors aren't the normal experience for Hilton hhonors Diamond guests, so I would definitely suggest the Eros management review their Diamond arrival reservations more carefully, and ensure they are added to the correct lists at food and beverage outlets etc.

So-- all in all, for non Hilton Hhonors guests, a solid and comfortable business hotel if you need to be in the area, with all the service amenities you would need, but don't expect anything spectacular or exceptional by international standards.

Room Tip: Beware some rooms will only have view of building directly opposite
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BMOL
Eros_Nehru_Place, Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear BMOL,

Thank you for sharing your detailed and candid review of Eros Managed by Hilton. Contrary to what you experienced, I wish to assure you that your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member is valuable to us and we continue to be dedicated to delivering the exemplary Hilton service expected of the hotel.

Your feedback and insights are important to us and helps us identify both our strengths and areas for improvement. We are glad that you consider us a solid business hotel with a good breakfast buffet spread and good standards of cleanliness in our guest rooms. However, we are sorry for the service shortfalls that affected your overall stay experience with us. I have discussed your feedback at length with the team and we are confident that through our on-going process reviews and training programmes, our service delivery will reflect the optimal standards expected of a Hilton hotel.

As we progress with our enhancement plans for the hotel, we have also taken your constructive feedback on our premises on board.

Whilst it is regrettable that our service to you as a valued Hilton HHonors Diamond member fell below your expectations, we sincerely hope that there will be another opportunity in the future to deliver a better stay experience to you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and extend our true and warm hospitality when you are next in New Delhi.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

i stayed here for one night. the staff were very nice, the room was fine but it didnt feel like a 5 star hotel. the gym is a little shappy, although adequate.

Breakfast service was extremely slow. i ordered some fried eggs and had to ask3 or 4 times when they would be ready. when it was eventually served, i had finished the rest of my breakfast. i wont be returning in a hurry...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear DubaiFraser,

Thank you for staying at Eros Managed by Hilton, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Whilst it is good to know that you were happy with our hospitality, we are sorry that our breakfast service fell below your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the team, who are taking positive steps to review their processes to ensure timely and efficient service delivery.

Although you have indicated otherwise, we hope that there will be an opportunity in the future to deliver a better stay experience to you. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

3 night stay at the Eros Hilton Hotel which is a basic 4 star hotel. Overall condition of the hotel is starting to look a bit tired and worn at the edges. In regards to facilities it is fine, however if you have a choice I would recommend using a newer hotel. The quality of food was not justified for the price they charge, so the hotel needs to look into this if they want to have return guest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear harrissafety,

Thank you for staying at Eros Managed by Hilton, we very much appreciate your feedback and insights.

Whilst we are glad that you were generally satisfied with our facilities, your feedback on the overall condition of the hotel and food quality has been taken in consideration as we progress with our future enhancement plans for the hotel. We wish to assure you of the commitment that all of us have to deliver the best personalised service and great stay experience for all our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to New Delhi.