“NICE STAY” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
bangalore
“NICE STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

My self and my wife stayed in this hotel for 2 days during Jan-2012. The location is perfect and very close to nehru place metro station.Hotel lobby and restorents are good. How ever food quality is just ok.Staff are friendly and helpful.Rooms are well maintained and clean.Out side hotel got a big shopping centre where you get every thing.How ever following needs to be taken care in this hotel for betterment of customers
1.0 There are no health fossets ,buckets in rooms
2.0Food quality needs to be imroved
3.0 Cab hiring is very expensive
4.0 Coffee making machine was not working properly

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear shekar257,

We are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and our hospitality during your stay in January.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, which has been shared with the respective departments for the necessary action to be taken.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Julian Ayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel is not the most modern hotel, but it is very cosy and comfortable. The food was quite exceptional, and the service was metted out with continuous smiles. The staff was very patient and courteous. The location is also great.

However, I do wish they would improve the performance of their lifts (they were quite cumbersome) and they should do something about their room locking system. The keys were very irritating and they would get demagnetised at the drop of a hat and then the staff would insist on you making a trip to the lobby to get new keys.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear SameerSah,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our hospitality and especially our food.

We have taken note of the issues you have pointed out and will take steps to rectify them.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

The hotel staff was extremely lovely and helpful, the room was well appointed with a large bathroom and the signature 'Hilton" comfy beds. It is a well cared for older hotel with charm.
All in all it was an extremely pleasant stay and a nice value. I will go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janet R
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Janet R,

Thank you for for your kind feedback from you recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality and that you had a comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Asia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a good hotel that could do better.

When I checked in, I was told that there was a promotion for which by paying another Rs3,000, I would get free wifi, airport transfers and access to the executive lounge. So I said yes. Then I whipped out my Hilton Gold card and it took the manager, not the one who was checking me in, to say that because I had the Gold card, I was entitled to the benefits without having to pay for them.

So that's one surprise.

The room itself was pleasant. Outside the bathroom was a small area housing the wardrobe, a chest of drawers, the bench to place the luggage and what I thought was a make-up area except that it was used to place the Nespresso/tea machine. The advantage of having a closed off space outside the bathroom is that when there is another occupant, the bathroom light does not shine into the other person's eyes. But the location of the Nespresso machine is awkward. There is no space for make-up and I can imagine tea/coffee spilling on to the drawer right below.

The shower area was another puzzle because it had a glass partition that could not keep the water in. So one has to be careful in showering.

I had a small fruit basket, which is much appreciated. And there were four bottles of mineral water. Everything worked. The toiletries were good to generous. I counted three bars of soap.

My third puzzling encounter was at the gym. The two-beat thumping music over the loudspeakers was loud. I called the attendant over but, pointing to a lady on a cycling machine, said "The lady there wants it" and then proceeded to crank the volume in my headset to the max. I put that on and still the two-beat thumps were coming through. I got off my machine and walked over to the lady (who had her own personal headset on) to ask: "Do you want the music to be so loud?" She answered: "No, I don't want the loud music."

I do not take rubbish.

I yelled for the attendant. "Rakesh!"

He came over and I barked, "She says she doesn't want the loud music. You say she wants the loud music. Turn it down."

The lady turns to him and says, "I never said I wanted the loud music."

Rakesh then goes to the booming box and pulls out the wires.

I'm completely puzzled. The culture in the workplace is set at the top.

As others have intimated: there are many things going for the hotel. But service is not one of them.

Room Tip: There is a lotus-roof temple at the 3 o'clock position as you face the receptionist. It looks go...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Panguin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton.

Indeed, your experience, particularly with your HHonors benefits and our gym, has provided us with very important insights into our service shortfall, for which we sincerely apologise. We have alerted the relevant departments, including our team members at the Fitness Centre, to ensure such incidents do not happen again. Please rest assured that my whole team at Eros Managed by Hilton continues to work hard to offer a great guest experience and your comments certainly help us with this.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights in March 2012. The rooms are nice, but a little dated. The staff are very nice, and helpful. Overall the hotel experience was good.
For the price, you can find better. Note, all hotels in Delhi India, will charge you the tax on the "Rack rate" not the rate that you pay, so you may end up paying the hotel tax on a higher rate than the rate you are billed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear jwpepper_66,

Thank you for taking the time to review Eros Managed by Hilton. We are very pleased that you had a good experience during your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Checked in to the Hilton Eros Hotel at the end of my two week trip to India and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel staff were helpful and very accommodating. I had a lovely, clean, well appointed room that included a huge bathtub, comfy bed with goose down pillows, tea and coffee maker and a nice sitting area that overlooked the beautiful Lotus Temple. As a Hilton Diamond member I very much enjoyed the amenities of the executive floor including high tea, cocktail hour and a beautiful breakfast. In addition, the staff delivered a fruit bowl to my room and I had very good, free Internet service. The Singh Sahib restaurant had outstanding Indian food and service and was surrounded by the well kept pool and garden areas.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool and Lotus Temple.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SherrieS
Dear SherrieS,

We are most delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us.

We very much appreciate your kind feedback on our room, amenities, Executive Lounge and the team, who work hard to consistently deliver the high level of service expected of us. Thank you also for your kind compliments to the Singh Sahib restaurant, we have shared your positive comments with our Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back, should you return to New Delhi in the future.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Pros:
1. Nice location
2. Good Room
3. Good food
Cons:
1. Service is not good

When we reached to hotel no welcome dring was server unlike other 5 stars/ when we asked to send luggage to room they told us it will take an hour which was disappointing.

Overall i enjoyed stay @ hotel. Room is excellent with high level of higine and facilities.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear RohitRaj,

We are very pleased to learn that you were happy with our room, facilities and food during your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton.

We thank you for your feedback on our service and apologise for the delay in sending your luggage to your room. This was most likely due to the busy convention period and therefore, full occupancy the hotel was experiencing at the time.

We also wish to clarify that welcome drinks are on pre-arrival request or special request basis, as with most of the business hotels in the city. Rest assured our team continues to work hard to uphold the high level of service expected of our hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.